Thoughts on a Marquise Goodwin reunion?

Marquise Goodwin   

176 members have voted

1. 1. If Goodwin is released by the Eagles, would you want the Bills to sign him?

Related question. 

What makes a guy like Tyreek Hill so much better than Glass Goodwin? 

their measurables are probably the same (Goodwin may be arguably even better in some areas). Goodwin has very good hands and runs good routes too. 

Setting aside Goodwin’s injury history, even when healthy, I don’t recall him making the sort of explosive play ever (like not even once) that Hill makes on a weekly basis. 

3 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Brittle player.....a wasted 3d round pick by Bills.  He did have a couple of good seasons w 49's though, much to my surprise.

After he left Bills he stopped concentrating on Olympics and tried to reshape himself as a WR.

IMO he should have done so when he was being paid as a WR.

56 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Iirc, I don’t remember him being a particularly good receiver when he was here last, am I wrong on this? 

I do think it’s unlikely that Beane pursues him. 

I think he actually had good hands...it was the injury thing that marred his career in Buffalo.  He could rarely finish a game without an injury.  He's a good guy though...hopefully he gets a chance somewhere. But, at his age, and the inconsistency of his career, I don't see him having a huge impact anywhere at this point.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm arguably the biggest 'quise fanboy around here.  But even I have to say enough.  He's 5th WR at best, after Diggs, Beas, Gabe, and McKittrick.  We need to do better, and I hope Hodgins is that piece.

I think Kumerow is in the mix to get a serious opportunity to play. 

• Like (+1) 1

Smoke speed for cheap?  If he can still fly, sure, at an affordable price.  John Brown did alter how defenses played against the Bills during the games he didn't miss.  So a burner like Goodwin could be enough to open things up.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Related question. 

What makes a guy like Tyreek Hill so much better than Glass Goodwin? 

their measurables are probably the same (Goodwin may be arguably even better in some areas). Goodwin has very good hands and runs good routes too. 

Setting aside Goodwin’s injury history, even when healthy, I don’t recall him making the sort of explosive play ever (like not even once) that Hill makes on a weekly basis. 

Football talent

You sign him, then what do you say when Charles Clay calls?  Or Kelvin Benjamin?!

😁

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

We need our $$$ for an Edge.  

He plays bass guitar!  You say 'football' and I guarantee that he's thinking of the wrong one.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You sign him, then what do you say when Charles Clay calls?  Or Kelvin Benjamin?!

😁

He plays bass guitar!  You say 'football' and I guarantee that he's thinking of the wrong one.

Actually Adam Clayton plays bass I believe. The guy you're thinking of used to be the WWE champion. Easy mistake.