[Vague Title] Is this it with cuts/restructures?

27 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Mario Addison and Jerry Hughes. That’s Probably it though, I’d be shocked if Dawkins, Poyer, or White reworked their deals. 

If there are ways it could be done where it gives them the same money (as is implied) and they help the team, I don't get why they wouldn't rework their deals. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Or should we expect more restructures/cuts

Is What "it"?  Please be more specific.

28 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

If there are ways it could be done where it gives them the same money (as is implied) and they help the team, I don't get why they wouldn't rework their deals. 

Hughes and Addison were productive last year, but lack of DT quality hurt their sack numbers. Both guys can help the team if they took friendly pay cuts. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hughes and Addison were productive last year, but lack of DT quality hurt their sack numbers. Both guys can help the team if they took friendly pay cuts. 

Addison was not worth the contract.  I'll be disappointed if Beane doesn't make some type of move with Addison that saves $$...

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Addison sucks.  

I wish that wasn’t the case..... but there’s no other way to put it. He’s not worth the money and was a terrible signing.  And now he’s a year older.  

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

They could push more of White’s and Dawkins’ money as a this year Bonus up front to push the hits into the future. That is a tool that would give us much more flexibility this year. 

I think that's fairly likely to happen. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That gives us what, about $20 million in cap space right now? $5-6 million to sign draft picks so about $15 million or so for whatever else Beane wants to do...

Depends upon what Butler and Morse did, but just cutting Brown and Jefferson is said to have freed up about $14M

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

fixed it for you

Yeah, if he doesn't take a pay cut I think you cut him for sure. And if we can target a better pass rusher in free agency you cut him too. We'll see what happens.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that's fairly likely to happen. 

Depends upon what Butler and Morse did, but just cutting Brown and Jefferson is said to have freed up about $14M

Morse saved $2 million and I think we had about $3 million prior to that with the rollover so we are somewhere around $19 million plus Butler's savings then...

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

fixed it for you

If the reported Hughes restructure happens (on top of cutting Jefferson and restructuring Butler) - I could see Addison staying on (especially if he restructures also). I have this sinking feeling he's safer than most fans think he is. To me, it would be far less surprising for him to stick around then it was when we held on to Trent Murphy. And I don't think they'd move him until they were sure they had an upgrade in place opposite Hughes.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Addison sucks.  

I wish that wasn’t the case..... but there’s no other way to put it. He’s not worth the money and was a terrible signing.  And now he’s a year older.  

Well... part of the problem (i think) is that our IDL could not get any penetration to force the QB out of the pocket. What good is it if our edge rushers beat their man but the QB can simply step up into the pocket and step into his throw? Pressure is a concerted effort amongst the entire DL. Pressure inside is vital to any DE’s success.. Even if you don’t get 20 sacks like Donald or Jones, you still need disrupters there, even if it doesn’t show on the stat sheet. DT can be a thankless job but absolutely vital in terms of stopping elite QBs like Brady or Mahomes. Need a stud DT as much as we need a stud DE.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd also like to see Klein and Matakevich reworked as feel both being over paid for being backup/spot starters. 

Klein becomes a starter with Milano gone. He can be effective if used properly. Something they didn't do until late in the season.

No, this isn't it. Lee Smith is an easy cut or he might retire, either way that's 2.25 million saved. I also think Jerry Hughes will rework his deal to save some money I could see the Bills getting an additional 2-3 million from Hughes deal. I also think they have to ask about Addision either reworking his deal or getting cut. I also think they will be retooling the Dawkins, Diggs, White and Poyer contracts to save money. None of those guys are taking a pay cut but this team can convert base salary into signing bonuses and free up a lot of cap space.