The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why didn’t the GQP investigate those concerns?

Context? Your boy pissed all over the United States constitution - his oath of office - to throw out the votes of 81,000,000 people.

Trump is a crook and you are an anti American idiot going to bat for him traitor.

Get out of here with your bs

No, I won't do that at all.  I do forgive you for your harsh words as you struggle through your mental health crisis. 

It is clear that you support virtually everything you have accused Trump of doing so long as it suits your own political agenda.  You have no issues with allegations of an illegitimate election, weaponizing the intelligence community, talk of coup, allegations of treason and the attempted overthrow of the duly elected 45th president simply because it was politically expedient for you at the time.

Let me help you:

Zero.point.zero.zero was the outcome of the attempted coup of your people.  Not a sniff or a whiff of charges against DJT when they had the time, money, resources, House of Congress, Intelligence Community, the media pundits and Franz Mueller at the helm.  Not a traffic ticket, a jaywalking charge, not nothing, and not nothing forever.   

Let me help you further:

The 45th president gave way to the 46th president on the date and time he was required to do so.  All the Doody to Warm twitter feeds you're hyper-fixated on....hold on a second ::yawn::.......citing yet another obligatory source who for some reason requires anonymity while detailing the ::gasp:: potential overthrow of the county will lead to nothing and changes none of that.  

You were left with egg on your face (I assume it's egg, hard to say with you kneeling before your leaders), and simply revamped the argument thereafter.  They treated you like a boy because you allowed yourself to be treated as such. Grow up. Demand more. 

Your rage should be directed at the people who lead you around by the nose, but I'm happy to oblige in the interim.  

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

One would think that a terrorist event like 1/6 and ruthless attack on these heroes would unite us.

Nope - not with these Trumpholes. 

ETTD

Hahaha…..now they’re hero’s to you? You really are a lying sack of *****.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

One would think that a terrorist event like 1/6 and ruthless attack on these heroes would unite us.

Nope - not with these Trumpholes. 

ETTD

Still backing the teen touchers.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Still backing the teen touchers.

Yeah, he's committed to the L.P.  😎

DOJ WARNINGS TO PROTECT CAPITOL WERE IGNORED. WHY?

FYI:

Accordingly, I’m told that Justice Department officials advised the FBI and the Capitol police to set up a perimeter to protect the Capitol and to deploy a force sufficient to prevent an attack. But this didn’t happen. Indeed, it’s my understanding that the doors to the Capitol building weren’t even locked on January 6.

By contrast, the Department of Justice’s main building was on high alert that day. I understand that forces were deployed to protect main Justice. Ironically, those forces eventually were sent to the Capitol to help quell the rioting. I’m told that Richard Donoghue, then the Acting Deputy Attorney General and a veteran of the 82nd Airborne Division, led them down Constitution Avenue to the Capitol.

Why, given all of the warning signs and actual warnings, wasn’t the Capitol protected? As I said, the FBI had been fretting for months about potential violence by Trump loyalists. FBI officials were part of the DOJ discussions about the possibility, if not probability, of violence on January 6, as well as about the need for the Capitol police to take serious protective measures.

Why didn’t the Capitol police follow the Justice Department’s advice and protect the Capitol? Why didn’t the FBI make sure the Capitol was protected?

I don’t know the answers to these questions. But I understand why some suspect that the FBI wanted a portion of the Trump supporters in D.C. on January 6 (a very small portion, as it turned out) to invade the Capitol. Just as the FBI apparently wanted extremist idiots to proceed along the path of a plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/doj-warnings-to-protect-capitol-were-ignored-why.php

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

On 8/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, ALF said:

Four officers who responded to U.S. Capitol attack have died by suicide

Aug 2 (Reuters) - The District of Columbia's police department on Monday said two more police officers who responded to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol have died by suicide, bringing to four the number of known suicides by officers who guarded the building that day.

A Capitol Police officer who had been attacked by protesters died the following day. More than 100 police officers were injured.

During emotional testimony last week, four police officers told a House of Representatives special committee that they were beaten, threatened, taunted with racial insults, and thought they might die as they struggled to defend the Capitol against the mob.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/officer-who-responded-us-capitol-attack-is-third-die-by-suicide-2021-08-02/

This is sad. Do we know why he committed suicide? Did he leave a note?

Unfortunately cops committing suicide is a thing.  They even have a name for it, eating your gun.

Maybe his wife left him or something.

I'm not making any assumptions until we get more facts, if we do.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is sad. Do we know why he committed suicide? Did he leave a note?

Unfortunately cops committing suicide is a thing.  They even have a name for it, eating your gun.

Maybe his wife left him or something.

I'm not making any assumptions until we get more facts, if we do.

January 6th was an embarrassment to be sure.  But the left wants to make that day look far worse than it was.  Hence claiming Sicknick was killed by the rioters, when in fact he died from a blood clot, which could never have been caused by anything they did.  Or claiming it was an attempt to overthrown the government when no one had any firearms or explosives and they all eventually left of their own accord.  Or blaming the suicides on that day, when it wasn't wasn't/should have been even close to what they've seen in their lives. 

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

January 6th was an embarrassment to be sure.  But the left wants to make that day look far worse than it was.  Hence claiming Sicknick was killed by the rioters, when in fact he died from a blood clot, which could never have been caused by anything they did.  Or claiming it was an attempt to overthrown the government when no one had any firearms or explosives and they all eventually left of their own accord.  Or blaming the suicides on that day, when it wasn't wasn't/should have been even close to what they've seen in their lives. 

Cool.  Whitewash this just like your HCQ hoax.  Those dudes with zip ties and the unruly mob were merely tourists, right?  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Cool.  Whitewash this just like your HCQ hoax.  Those dudes with zip ties and the unruly mob were merely tourists, right?  

Insisting on the truth is not "whitewash"

and the false tale of the zip ties has been explained multiple times here.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2021/08/05/lawyer_capitol_cop_who_shot_ashli_babbitt_ambushed_her_on_jan_6_without_warning_788569.html

Here’s some recent news:

Questions linger over the shooting, especially whether the officer who fired the fatal shot warned Babbitt to stop before he opened fire as she attempted to breach a barricaded door inside the Capitol Building.

The officer’s lawyer insists his client not only issued such a command, but did so loudly and clearly. However, in an interview with RealClearInvestigations, Babbitt family attorney Terry Roberts said he has gathered evidence indicating the officer, a plainclothes police lieutenant, remained silent. Far from warning Babbitt he would shoot, Roberts said the officer “ambushed” her from the side where she could not see he had taken up position in a hall doorway and had trained his weapon on her.

“It’s not debatable,” said Roberts. “There was no warning.”

It’s certainly debatable as far as the public is concerned, because we haven’t seen the many surveillance videos that undoubtedly exist.

More:

More than six months after the shooting, the U.S. Capitol Police still refuse to release the name of the officer. But several sources have identified him as Lt. Michael L. Byrd, a 53-year-old veteran of the force who was serving as commander of the House Chamber Section of the Capitol Police on Jan. 6. He has not returned to duty and remains on paid administrative leave. Attempts to reach Byrd were unsuccessful.

And this is interesting as well:

“I’m not sure how he was justified shooting her when there was a SWAT team right behind her,” added a veteran Capitol officer, referring to three heavily armed USCP officers who had positioned themselves between the doors and the mob. “They saw no immediate threat.” The officer spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. A Capitol Police spokeswoman would not say if the officer’s actions were consistent with use-of-force policies, which are not publicly available. In a statement released earlier this month, however, USCP noted that it is “increasing its use-of-force … training.”

I’m going to assume that we’ll learn more as this lawsuit progresses.

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2021/08/05/lawyer_capitol_cop_who_shot_ashli_babbitt_ambushed_her_on_jan_6_without_warning_788569.html

Here’s some recent news:

Questions linger over the shooting, especially whether the officer who fired the fatal shot warned Babbitt to stop before he opened fire as she attempted to breach a barricaded door inside the Capitol Building.

The officer’s lawyer insists his client not only issued such a command, but did so loudly and clearly. However, in an interview with RealClearInvestigations, Babbitt family attorney Terry Roberts said he has gathered evidence indicating the officer, a plainclothes police lieutenant, remained silent. Far from warning Babbitt he would shoot, Roberts said the officer “ambushed” her from the side where she could not see he had taken up position in a hall doorway and had trained his weapon on her.

“It’s not debatable,” said Roberts. “There was no warning.”

It’s certainly debatable as far as the public is concerned, because we haven’t seen the many surveillance videos that undoubtedly exist.

More:

More than six months after the shooting, the U.S. Capitol Police still refuse to release the name of the officer. But several sources have identified him as Lt. Michael L. Byrd, a 53-year-old veteran of the force who was serving as commander of the House Chamber Section of the Capitol Police on Jan. 6. He has not returned to duty and remains on paid administrative leave. Attempts to reach Byrd were unsuccessful.

And this is interesting as well:

“I’m not sure how he was justified shooting her when there was a SWAT team right behind her,” added a veteran Capitol officer, referring to three heavily armed USCP officers who had positioned themselves between the doors and the mob. “They saw no immediate threat.” The officer spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. A Capitol Police spokeswoman would not say if the officer’s actions were consistent with use-of-force policies, which are not publicly available. In a statement released earlier this month, however, USCP noted that it is “increasing its use-of-force … training.”

I’m going to assume that we’ll learn more as this lawsuit progresses.

He needs to go to prison for a long long time.

34 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

He needs to go to prison for a long long time.

Hoax. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Insisting on the truth is not "whitewash"

and the false tale of the zip ties has been explained multiple times here.

What’s the explanation, again?  The insurrectionists are into kink?  Or were they looking for Antifa?  Do tell. 

45 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. 

What’s the explanation, again?  The insurrectionists are into kink?  Or were they looking for Antifa?  Do tell. 

Insurrection? Coup attempt ? A terroristic attempt to overthrow the government? Looked like a mostly peaceful protest to me.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Insurrection? Coup attempt ? A terroristic attempt to overthrow the government? Looked like a mostly peaceful protest to me.

When I was watching it live on the local news, the reporters we trying so hard to act scared to death going through the disbanding crowd away from the capital that were laughing and joking around as they walked away. 

if only those handful of idiots didn’t storm inside.

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

So you are in the  it’s the worst attack on America since Pearl Harbor  camp? 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. 

Okay, it's a great day with the Allen news. I'm feeling generous, I'll post it a third time, you can ignore it a third time if you so wish.

Eric Munchel, a pro-Trump rioter who stormed the Capitol building while holding plastic handcuffs, took the restraints from a table inside the Capitol building, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday.

Munchel, who broke into the building with his mom, was labeled "zip-tie guy" after he was photographed barreling down the Senate chamber holding the restraints. His appearance raised questions about whether the insurrectionists who sought to stop Congress from counting Electoral College votes on January 6 also intended to take lawmakers hostage.

But according to the new filing, Munchel and his mother took the handcuffs from within the Capitol building — apparently to ensure the Capitol Police couldn't use them on the insurrectionists — rather than bring them in when they initially breached the building. 

https://www.insider.com/zip-tie-guy-capitol-riot-plastic-handcuffs-police-prosecutors-2021-1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:43 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Officers are committing suicide? Forgive me for not understanding what’s being alleged here but is the point that these officers were traumatized by the event or is it that they felt guilty for sympathizing with or assisting in it? Honest question.

Got to be a real smack to the face to officers who actually put their lives on the line daily, responding to murders,

overdoses, etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Homeland Security warns of increasing threat of violence from Trump conspiracy

The Department of Homeland Security said Friday they have observed "an increasing but modest level of activity online" by people who are calling for violence in response to baseless claims of 2020 election fraud and related to the conspiracy theory that former President Donald Trump will be reinstated.

"Some conspiracy theories associated with reinstating former President Trump have included calls for violence if desired outcomes are not realized," according to a DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis bulletin obtained by ABC News.

"Over the last few days what has occurred is there's been much more public visibility, meaning the discussions and these theories have migrated away from being contained within the conspiracy and extremist online communities, to where they're being the topic of discussion on web forums, or more public web forums, and even within the sort of media ecosystem," a senior DHS official explained.

DHS says in the bulletin they do not have specific evidence there is a plot imminent.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/homeland-security-warns-increasing-moderate-threat-violence-trump/story?id=79324751

Chappelle Show Lol GIF

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Okay, it's a great day with the Allen news. I'm feeling generous, I'll post it a third time, you can ignore it a third time if you so wish.

Eric Munchel, a pro-Trump rioter who stormed the Capitol building while holding plastic handcuffs, took the restraints from a table inside the Capitol building, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday.

Munchel, who broke into the building with his mom, was labeled "zip-tie guy" after he was photographed barreling down the Senate chamber holding the restraints. His appearance raised questions about whether the insurrectionists who sought to stop Congress from counting Electoral College votes on January 6 also intended to take lawmakers hostage.

But according to the new filing, Munchel and his mother took the handcuffs from within the Capitol building — apparently to ensure the Capitol Police couldn't use them on the insurrectionists — rather than bring them in when they initially breached the building. 

https://www.insider.com/zip-tie-guy-capitol-riot-plastic-handcuffs-police-prosecutors-2021-1

B, reason number 2,485 that  I’m eternally grateful for having the Mother I was blessed with.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

He will. It’s his M.O. after all. 

But if one guy with handcuffs, who didn’t even use them, is all he/they have…

On 8/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, BillStime said:

Who is in charge of security at the Capitol?

The Capitol Police directed by the House Sargent at Arms William J. Walker reporting to the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.  Its been reported Capitol Police called Walker's office 5 times to request additional forces be deployed before and during the protest turned violent and their request was denied all 5 times.  Its not clear whether it was Walker or Pelosi or someone else who made the ultimate decision on these requests for more help.  

I would think an answer to the question of Who and Why the requests for help were denied is something important to the events of that day.  Do you agree? Probably more important than spending endless hours focusing on what a bunch of guys dressed in kooky costumes were doing running around inside the building that day.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

10 hours ago, Doc said:

He will. It’s his M.O. after all. 

But if one guy with handcuffs, who didn’t even use them, is all he/they have…

You forgot the tactical gear.  And the point that, had the intent been merely to subvert and imperil law enforcement by preventing the use of the cuffs, they would have been hidden, not brandished, as this person illegally stormed and roamed the Capitol. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

You forgot the tactical gear.  And the point that, had the intent been merely to subvert and imperil law enforcement by preventing the use of the cuffs, they would have been hidden, not brandished, as this person illegally stormed and roamed the Capitol. 

But so far all that proves is the intent of specific individuals to partake in violence rather than some massive collusion and conspiracy of the protest group to take over the government.  Conspiracy and insurrection?  That's still a big leap from what proof and evidence has been provided.  So far all they can prove is a couple guys intent on causing trouble.  

14 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But so far all that proves is the intent of specific individuals to partake in violence rather than some massive collusion and conspiracy of the protest group to take over the government.  Conspiracy and insurrection?  That's still a big leap from what proof and evidence has been provided.  So far all they can prove is a couple guys intent on causing trouble.  

I would have to agree with this...while the violence that day was criminal, and should be prosecuted, I don’t think it compares to Antifa and BLM, whose stated goals is to overthrow the US Constitution- and who are allowed to get away with just about anything...why is there no investigations into groups wanting to overthrow the country? This is madness...

My thing is, I just want fairness and balance under the law- not this double standard we are seeing, just because it happens to line up with a particular political point of view...as citizens of a democracy, we have to hold ourselves accountable...otherwise it’s not gonna work...there will just be constant infighting...but people just don’t seem to care anymore...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Interestingly, an investigation into something as multi-faceted and complicated as the election is batted around as something that simply must be resolved within 60 days, and by day 2 some  people were clamoring for the end to the investigation.  

Here we are at day 250ish, wild liberal conspiracy claims running amok, the obligatory politician dramady ramping up and as sure as night follows day, it’ll end politically.  

Whatever else comes of it, it’s a National disgrace that the Capitol could be “breached” by a bunch of   middle aged malcontents and a few guys dressed like they’re on their way to a Vikings and Vixens fraternity party.  Someone’s metaphorical head should roll, and it’s a stunning indictment of the process that it has not happened yet in a very public way.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Really? A big leap? 

DOJ: “understand that the DOJ can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election, doesn’t work that way.’” 

DJT:  “Don’t expect you to do that, just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.’”

This on top of the Big Lie? Trump pressuring Georgia officials and trying to make contact with Arizona officials?

No conspiracy - there WAS massive collusion to ignore the will of the people - throw away 81,000,000 votes and when the anarchists didn’t get his own way he incited an insurrection and had his cult storm the Capitol.

And the above is what WE do know.

Get out of here with your pathetic attempts to downplay and ignore what your savior tried to do.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Really? A big leap? 

DOJ: “understand that the DOJ can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election, doesn’t work that way.’” 

DJT:  “Don’t expect you to do that, just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.’”

This on top of the Big Lie? Trump pressuring Georgia officials and trying to make contact with Arizona officials?

No conspiracy - there WAS massive collusion to ignore the will of the people - throw away 81,000,000 votes and when the anarchists didn’t get his own way he incited an insurrection and had his cult storm the Capitol.

And the above is what WE do know.

Get out of here with your pathetic attempts to downplay and ignore what your savior tried to do.

Hey BillStime, just to get a better understanding of where you’re coming from, if the Jan. 6 protesters are on one side, and Antifa & BLM are on another, do you think one side is more dangerous than the other, or do you think they are equally dangerous?

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Hey BillStime, just to get a better understanding of where you’re coming from, if the Jan. 6 protesters are on one side, and Antifa & BLM are on another, do you think one side is more dangerous than the other, or do you think they are equally dangerous?

Anyone associated w Trump. Our democracy is too important and fragile atm because of Trump and his cult.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Fair enough...but do you realize none of those people control any our institutions today?

Sure they are - just look to the “R. congressmen” Trump leveraged to sustain the Big Lie before and after the election.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1