The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

Just now, BillStime said:

Sure they are - just look to the “R. congressmen” Trump leveraged to sustain the Big Lie before and after the election.

Oh, ok, I see what you’re saying....

Do you think that Republicans have any legitimate arguments on any of the issues? Or are they just wrong on everything?

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Oh, ok, I see what you’re saying....

Do you think that Republicans have any legitimate arguments on any of the issues? Or are they just wrong on everything?

Republicans? Sure

Trump’s GQP? Hell no. 

ETTD

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

There are extremes on both sides 

Agreed.  The constant pissing between Trumpers and everyone else about whether “Antifa” is worse than Trumpers is a problem.  Extremists on both ends are out to lunch, and it just so happens that the right wing ones invaded the Capitol and threatened democracy.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Really? A big leap? 

DOJ: “understand that the DOJ can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election, doesn’t work that way.’” 

DJT:  “Don’t expect you to do that, just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.’”

This on top of the Big Lie? Trump pressuring Georgia officials and trying to make contact with Arizona officials?

No conspiracy - there WAS massive collusion to ignore the will of the people - throw away 81,000,000 votes and when the anarchists didn’t get his own way he incited an insurrection and had his cult storm the Capitol.

And the above is what WE do know.

Get out of here with your pathetic attempts to downplay and ignore what your savior tried to do.

Well then prove it! 

Let's see the DOJ and the FBI take it all up in a court of law, have the prosecution present its case, allow the defense to counter, present its evidence, cross-examine government witnesses, and then let a jury decide the outcome along with a judge passing sentence.  But so far the government's strategy is to use intimidation and coercion on individual suspects to enter a guilty plea in exchange for a lighter sentence through plea bargaining agreements.  I don't recall a single shred of evidence being presented in any case much less anything that might meet the legal threshold of suggesting or proving conspiracy. 

So instead they set up this phony commission and stack it will House members supportive of the governments claims.  There's not a single member of this committee than can be considered potentially unfriendly or hostile to the government's objectives of finding what they have already pre-judged in the media and statements to date.  Those that might cause trouble were rejected by Nancy.  And the idea Liz Chaney's presence makes it bi-partisan is a joke everybody sees.  What this committee does is give the prosecution a platform to make their case while denying the defense any opportunity to cross-examine witnesses or present a counter-argument.  The idea here is to simulate a "legal" forum while denying the defense any opportunity to present their side. 

A couple weeks ago we saw compelling testimony from 4 Capitol Police officers about what they experienced.  It was great theater.  But as not a single member of the committee asked, or was allowed to ask, any direct questions that might challenge or refute their statements and testimony.  It presented one perspective of a story that has many prospective to it. Along with this we were subject to what seems to be a perpetual display of nauseating, dramatic, and pitiful sniveling and crying from House members.  If I didn't know they were faking I'd be worried about how weak and emotional our House members are here.  Pathetic acting that the Academy will surely not be nominating for any awards this Fall.

P.S.  If you're at Barrack's party having a great time today its okay if you don't respond right away.  I understand.  But try and save me a piece of cake. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Agreed.  The constant pissing between Trumpers and everyone else about whether “Antifa” is worse than Trumpers is a problem.  Extremists on both ends are out to lunch, and it just so happens that the right wing ones invaded the Capitol and threatened democracy.   

Even if we were to buy that zip-tie boy and the other idiots who entered the Capitol that day "threatened democracy," it was self-limited, and as a result, "the Capitol and...democracy" are more secure than ever.  The damage from the left wing extremists like Antifa from the insurrections last year are having long-lasting implications that are the real threat to our democracy.  The actual problem is you and your ilk can't/won't see it.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well then prove it! 

Let's see the DOJ and the FBI take it all up in a court of law, have the prosecution present its case, allow the defense to counter, present its evidence, cross-examine government witnesses, and then let a jury decide the outcome along with a judge passing sentence.  But so far the government's strategy is to use intimidation and coercion on individual suspects to enter a guilty plea in exchange for a lighter sentence through plea bargaining agreements.  I don't recall a single shred of evidence being presented in any case much less anything that might meet the legal threshold of suggesting or proving conspiracy. 

So instead they set up this phony commission and stack it will House members supportive of the governments claims.  There's not a single member of this committee than can be considered potentially unfriendly or hostile to the government's objectives of finding what they have already pre-judged in the media and statements to date.  Those that might cause trouble were rejected by Nancy.  And the idea Liz Chaney's presence makes it bi-partisan is a joke everybody sees.  What this committee does is give the prosecution a platform to make their case while denying the defense any opportunity to cross-examine witnesses or present a counter-argument.  The idea here is to simulate a "legal" forum while denying the defense any opportunity to present their side. 

A couple weeks ago we saw compelling testimony from 4 Capitol Police officers about what they experienced.  It was great theater.  But as not a single member of the committee asked, or was allowed to ask, any direct questions that might challenge or refute their statements and testimony.  It presented one perspective of a story that has many prospective to it. Along with this we were subject to what seems to be a perpetual display of nauseating, dramatic, and pitiful sniveling and crying from House members.  If I didn't know they were faking I'd be worried about how weak and emotional our House members are here.  Pathetic acting that the Academy will surely not be nominating for any awards this Fall.

P.S.  If you're at Barrack's party having a great time today its okay if you don't respond right away.  I understand.  But try and save me a piece of cake. 

Why did your party vote against the bi partisan commission w equal subpoena power?

What are the R. Congressmen afraid of?

• Like (+1) 1

No weapon charges.

No treason charges

No sedition charges.

Worst Insurrection" ever !

It was a protest turned riot.

America knows it................and the Left continues to try and make more out of it. (probably the 5th time we have heard the body armor blockbuster" 

:D

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

No weapon charges.

No treason charges

No sedition charges.

America knows it................and the Left continues to try and make more out of it. (probably the 5th time we have heard the body armor blockbuster" 

fear

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No weapon charges.

No treason charges

No sedition charges.

Joey says you can't overthrow a government without F-15s and nukes.  He obviously forgot to mention "or one guy in "body armor' carrying 'zip ties'."

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No weapon charges.

No treason charges

No sedition charges.

Kind of a reverse of that dolt Bush being able to mastermind the most incredible insurance scam ever with the toppling of the WTC Towers. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve been away from the news for a week. Is that clown show still going on? I haven’t heard or seen a thing. Have they found Jimmy Hoffa? Or is Nancy still yelling about masks? 

You missed nothing but more sobbing and crying from our elected officials.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You missed nothing but more sobbing and crying from our elected officials.   

Thanks

Let me know when the pearl clutching stops so we can get back to the business of total government control. We’ve got a country to fundamentally transform! 😉

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why did your party vote against the bi partisan commission w equal subpoena power?

The first time I see you giving a straight answer to somebody's question here or when the government proves something with a jury rendering a guilty verdict on a charge like insurrection or treason in a Federal or DC court I'll let you know.  Whichever comes first.  But I'm not holding my breath waiting for either of those things to happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Because it’s political theater, and each individual has a role to play.  We’ve seen it over and over and over and over and over. It’s disingenuous and frankly a tad silly to pretend it isn’t on a message board.  

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Because it’s political theater, and each individual has a role to play.  We’ve seen it over and over and over and over and over. It’s disingenuous and frankly a tad silly to pretend it isn’t on a message board.  

It’s silly to pretend nothing sinister happened either and shouldn’t be investigated.

14 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The first time I see you giving a straight answer to somebody's question here or when the government proves something with a jury rendering a guilty verdict on a charge like insurrection or treason in a Federal or DC court I'll let you know.  Whichever comes first.  But I'm not holding my breath waiting for either of those things to happen.  

Captkjhure.thumb.JPG.c009213025f4b35018d203e131bd6b9a.JPG

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why was Ashli shot?

It's looking like for no good reason.  Will the officer who shot her be charged with murder is the question?  Or should whites start burning down and looting cities?

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's looking like for no good reason.  Will the officer who shot her be charged with murder is the question?  Or should whites start burning down and looting cities?

No good reason cuz the coup was unsuccessful? Thought so.

Where was Ashli when she was shot?

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No good reason cuz the coup was unsuccessful? Thought so.

Where was Ashli when she was shot?

She was standing in a hallway that I’ve stood in as a tourist visitor to the Capitol? Where do you think she was standing?

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

She was standing in a hallway that I’ve stood in as a tourist visitor to the Capitol? Where do you think she was standing?

Oh - she was? Do you think there isn’t video and photos of Ashli where she was shot?

Do you have similar photos of you “standing in a hallway”, correction: crawling through a broken window inside the Capitol leading to the Speakers lobby?

image.thumb.jpeg.9052fa4d5feb80ccd3a7b761a6438e8d.jpeg

If only she just complied - instead she F’d around and found out.

43 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

A few hours of riot does not a coup make.  Learn words before you use them. 

“Learn words?”

Please find a dictionary that defines a coup measured by time.

Gaslight harder Insurrection Jim!

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You’re right - let’s get that jury together ASAP 

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

It’s silly to pretend nothing sinister happened either and shouldn’t be investigated.

It’s silly to argue that political committees behave politically, and that a politically motivated committee will result in a fair and factual accounting of what occurred.  

The FBI should investigate, the facts about who did what and to whom disclosed, and politics should be kept out of it.   While unlikely to occur on a non-partisan basis, that’s the appropriate resolution.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1