Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agree, seems mostly based on the Badger connection and the fact that GB is a team that is knocking on the door for a championship

I honestly think that if GB has a spare $12MM they’ll resign Linsley. Letting an all pro center walk isn’t good for championships, not is it good when you have an aging QB and young hier to the QB spot. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I honestly think that if GB has a spare $12MM they’ll resign Linsley. Letting an all pro center walk isn’t good for championships, not is it good when you have an aging QB and young hier to the QB spot. 

Wasn’t it reported that Rodgers wanted more money?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/25/source-aaron-rodgers-wants-a-new-contract/amp/

Edited by Solomon Grundy

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not sure why some fans want him so bad. We could probably draft a guy that would have the same or better impact and cost less, and probably stay healthier. I'm not totally against getting him, but I'm not dying to get him either 

We could probably draft a guy who is going to be a first-year Hall of Famer?  

You must be a really big Beane fan.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He is going to be paid beyond his performance level at this point in his career, and his ability to remain healthy is a question mark.  

This is a signing the Bills would have done in the old days when the organization was clueless.

Folks here who are excited about this prospect are thinking of a younger version of JJ Watt that hasn't existed for a while.

This is my reasoning too. It's like the days when fans went nuts over signing Drew Bledsoe or  Terrell Owens.

Edited by Dr. K
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not sure why some fans want him so bad. We could probably draft a guy that would have the same or better impact and cost less, and probably stay healthier. I'm not totally against getting him, but I'm not dying to get him either 

I think I heard this same argument made when the Diggs trade was rumored... 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

We could probably draft a guy who is going to be a first-year Hall of Famer?  

You must be a really big Beane fan.  

Do we magically get Watt’s prior production if he signs or do we get a 31 year old guy that gets hurt every third game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

She looks like one of those warm weather girls. You know LA, Tampa, maybe Dallas

It's not like they would have to live in Buffalo all year round. They could afford multiple homes. I am sure Watt will keep his home in Houston. With the exception of Dec and Jan is it really that cold in Buffalo during football season. If Watt is helping the Bills win big games in Dec/Jan nobody will care about the cold including his wife.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It's not like they would have to live in Buffalo all year round. They could afford multiple homes. I am sure Watt will keep his home in Houston. With the exception of Dec and Jan is it really that cold in Buffalo during football season. If Watt is helping the Bills win big games in Dec/Jan nobody will care about the cold including his wife.

She's a professional soccer player in Chicago. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The girlfriend/wife cold weather nonsense is annoying.  I mean, what the hell?  These guys are pulling down millions upon millions of dollars and their wags can't be "inconvenienced" with a few months of cold weather during the football season?  Just horrible.  I am definitely NOT a "keep your woman quiet" kind of guy but this really rubs me the wrong way.

55 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

She looks like one of those warm weather girls. You know LA, Tampa, maybe Dallas

She plays soccer in Chicago 

edit - I see that’s already been mentioned. Anyway I think his offseason home might be Jackson hole. Not really warm weather necessary types 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, eball said:

The girlfriend/wife cold weather nonsense is annoying.  I mean, what the hell?  These guys are pulling down millions upon millions of dollars and their wags can't be "inconvenienced" with a few months of cold weather during the football season?  Just horrible.  I am definitely NOT a "keep your woman quiet" kind of guy but this really rubs me the wrong way.

There is talk/rumors about GB being one of the favorites to land Watt. Last time I checked GB weather is no better than BUF weather when it comes to cold. Like you said these players are getting millions so they will go where the money and the chance to win is. I bet Watt is interested in Buffalo as he wants to win. Beane and McDermott have built a winning culture and that gets noticed around the league.