P Corey Bojorquez  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign or Wave Good-bye?

2. 2. If re-sign, at which tender?

• 1st round - $4.7666 mill
    • 2nd round - $3.384 mill
    • “Right of first refusal” - $2.133 mill

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

some teams have some silly cap space - we could likely loose the guy with a basic offer - worth the extra 1M to keep the wolves away

Like the Patriots, who we all know originally had Bojo and may want him back. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude has a leg and it was all coming together for him this year. A good punter flips the field and Bojo is a good punter. No way we start over searching for the next Moorman.

I was upset that Beane didn't draft a punter last year. Now I'm really glad he didn't. And I have more proof that Beane and his crew are rock stars.   Bojo's the perfect punter for the Bills

some teams have some silly cap space - we could likely loose the guy with a basic offer - worth the extra 1M to keep the wolves away  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bojo is a RFA in 2021. He is 24, a former UDFA signed off of the Patriots PS. Led NFL in 2020 regular season in punting yard average at 50.8. Bojo punted from the opposite side of the field only 3 times this past regular season. He punted only 49 times total. 

Projected tenders are based on future salary cap estimations and are subject to change when a future salary cap is made official.

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

Re-sign, but like Wallace - I would not tender - I would re-sign to a multi-year deal - trying 4 years 10-12 million give him a nice signing bonus and low year 1 contract to spread the cost over time, but give him money sooner.

• Like (+1) 1
55 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I guess what I'm asking is couldn't the Bills designate Bojo as a "first right" tender at ($2.1M for 1 year) but end up signing him

to lets say a 3 year $5 Million ($1.67M per year) contract?

Does anyone know this for sure?  

I don't know this for sure, but I believe this to be the case, too.  Although in the example you provided, I would assume Bojo would decline that proposal & instead opt for the 1 yr deal.  I would think a multi-year deal amenable to both parties would either include a "significant" signing bonus &/or escalating salaries.

• Thank you (+1) 1
Just now, Doc said:

At the minimum you RFA tag him for the year and then sign him to an extension that kicks-in in 2022.

Lock em up now with a nice little raise which will make him smile

Just now, HOUSE said:

Lock em up now with a nice little raise which will make him smile

Arrggh.  You quoted me after I posted and then erased it after doing more research.

The original round tender (UDFA) still is a $2.133M amount.  Bumping it up a little to keep him around wouldn't hurt too much.

• Like (+1) 1

Right of first refusal or a cheap long term deal.

If you lose him draft one or sign one in UDFA.

Beane has overpaid a lot for special teams to get to this point.........now that they are cap-strapped it's time to start watching what they spend on ST'ers.