Bills fans being mad because the KC game was chippy is Ridiculous!

JerseyBills

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There should have been penalties then.  If the team has to be warned, they need to feel it.

Yup, they most definitely should have. I read somewhere (can't recall the exact article and whatnot) but said the ref stated something along the lines of " don't let that happen again", something to that extent. Would post it if I could remember and find it but anyway.

But the official saw it and went to the KC sideline and made those statements.

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you thought that game was too physical, you probably should stop watching football. I wish every game was that intense. 

Ummm obviously it's not about the physicality of the game itself, it's about the personal foul/unsportsmanlike conduct punching players etc. Huge difference and really shouldn't have to be explained.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

To me, the film of the game should easily show Beane, et.al., where our holes are; and he will FILL them in the offseason. It looked fairly textbook to me --- the Chiefs' D-line rushing Josh like there was no blocking, because there was not. Josh had to play Chiefs' football instead of the other way around. We must have better protection for him to do his thing.

Body slamming Diggs was egregious and complete BS. Should have been an ejection.

And I will NEVER forgive Gronkowski for his 'roid rage body slam on an unaware and unprotected 'Tre White. He literally could have paralyzed him - or worse. And THAT Bills' team didn't have the cojones to slap the ever loving S out of Gronkowski for that move. THIS team at least would have started a scrum. Poyer would have led the charge.

Bucs/Chiefs and, The Weeknd? Think I'm sitting this one out. But, I do agree that the Chiefs are our new rivals. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Certainly looks like Feliciano punched him first. FWIW, I think it's all a bunch to do about nothing. Glad neither player was ejected.

This is what always happens in any type of fight. The guy who throws a weak half hearted punch gets knocked down by a good one from the other guy, then everyone blames the guy who delivered the better punch. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Certainly looks like Feliciano punched him first. FWIW, I think it's all a bunch to do about nothing. Glad neither player was ejected.

Mongo was really slick though. Looks like he threw a little uppercut. 😂

44 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I know is Okafor ensured that we'll be rivals for years to come.

Hope we play them week 1 next season! 

2 hours ago, npeartisgod said:

To me, the film of the game should easily show Beane, et.al., where our holes are; and he will FILL them in the offseason. It looked fairly textbook to me --- the Chiefs' D-line rushing Josh like there was no blocking, because there was not. Josh had to play Chiefs' football instead of the other way around. We must have better protection for him to do his thing.

Body slamming Diggs was egregious and complete BS. Should have been an ejection.

And I will NEVER forgive Gronkowski for his 'roid rage body slam on an unaware and unprotected 'Tre White. He literally could have paralyzed him - or worse. And THAT Bills' team didn't have the cojones to slap the ever loving S out of Gronkowski for that move. THIS team at least would have started a scrum. Poyer would have led the charge.

Bucs/Chiefs and, The Weeknd? Think I'm sitting this one out. But, I do agree that the Chiefs are our new rivals. 

Agree on everything except the Diggs slam. 

Imo that was just a DB making a physical play. 

If One of our guys did that to Hill , I'd be thrilled.  A trip to the Lombardi on the line,  play physical as heck , especially against their top guys... 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you thought that game was too physical, you probably should stop watching football. I wish every game was that intense. 

couldn't agree more. I love it.. 

15 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, fans are entitled to feel however they want about KC, but Bills fans who are using it as a reason to root for the Bucs confuse me. We’re mad the Chiefs played a classless game, so let’s root for Brady and Gronk. Seems to make a ton of sense 😂 

Agree I don’t care if Chris Jones tea bagged mongo I’m still not rooting for Brady 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hadn't heard that about the refs talking to KC.  Can you provide a link or more info?

I’m guessing he heard it during the game because Tony or Jim said the refs went over to talk to the coaches about it. 

Look, KC was the better team and they won. No one is debating that.

But I don't see how anyone could watch that game and not see it as anything but the definition of unsportsmanlike behavior. Late hits, punches, unnecessary roughness, taunting, rubbing the opponents faces in it, sheer arrogance. There is a huge difference between playing aggressive, through the whistle, hitting hard, and celebrating a win and then how KC acted. I don't know, maybe respect and sportsmanship isn't important to some fans anymore. Maybe that's the Patriots factor. They have been cheating, arrogant champions for so many years that maybe that is just acceptable behavior now. I'm not saying the Chiefs were cheating---just a bit aggressive beyond the rules, which of course is really the NFL and referees faults for not keeping them in the lines---inconsistent refereeing to me is a huge problem with the league. They should call every game, every team the same all year (playoffs or not), no matter what. It just evens the playing field if you truly want integrity in the game. The rules should be the rules---but obviously, the NFL doesn't want their most watched games to be slowed down by a bunch of flags. KC knows that, they've been there before. So, I think they pulled a Seattle Legion of Boom play, by daring the refs to have to throw a flag on every play. The refs just aren't going to do that in a Championship game. The refs did go over to the sideline at one point to tell the Chiefs to reign in the over aggressive play (how many teams get that courtesy), but they never really enforced it, so KC kept it up to the last whistle.

It's not whining to point this out, it just is what it is. And it is a perfectly good reason for someone not wanting to root for that team---not that the alternative (for the Super Bowl at least) is any better. It's like playing a casual game of football in the neighborhood when you were younger. Everyone is just having fun, but there is the one kid who thinks he's playing in an NFL game, hitting everyone as hard as he can, talking smack, spiking the ball in someone's face when he scores, rubbing the win your face, etc. I'm sorry, but it is perfectly ok after the game to turn to one of your friends and say, "that kid is a dick." Well, KC were *****. Plain and simple. Not whining about it, just pointing it out.

And as for the people that are saying that the Bills should have just played the same way---matched KC's level of intensity/roughness. Well (tinfoil hat firmly on), I'm not so sure that the Bills get away with as much as KC did. If Tre suplexed Tyreek Hill, would Hill have had to beg for a penalty, or would the flag have been out instantaneously. If Jerry punched Osemele to the ground, do you think he would have gotten away with it, with no flag, ejection, or at least a fine? I find it interesting that the only fines issued in that game were to Josh, Jon, and Dion. None for Okafor or Jones' punch---none for KC at all. Yes, refs tend to hold onto their flags more during the playoffs, but I am dubious that the Bills could have gotten away with as much as KC did in that game.

I absolutely do not blame the loss on the refs or KC playing a little dirty...but it does make me not want to root for them. Sorry if that bothers you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Bills definitely need to turn games like AFC Champ at KC into a street fight. Instead of focusing on improving the DL & OL two units that were thoroughly outplayed the buzz word coming out of KC was “speed”. The Bills didn’t lose because they were the slower team. They lost because they could not generate a pass rush with 3 or 4 DL, and they lost because their running game stunk outside of Josh Allen scrambling for 88 yards. The Bills need to go get some dogs. Sucks a guy like Wyatt Teller is playing at a Pro Bowl level, while we saw Feliciano 6’8” 330 get manhandled by Chris Jones. Not acceptable. Ike also got dominated.

21 hours ago, Sweats said:

We lost....can we just let it go already 

We can, but I hope the players don't.  They need to realize what it takes to win at this level. Watch hockey playoffs and the hitting and behind the scenes stuff... the amount of guys tripped up behind the play.  Bills need to know you have to play for keeps.  Do what you need until the refs call it.

3 hours ago, folz said:

Look, KC was the better team and they won. No one is debating that.

But I don't see how anyone could watch that game and not see it as anything but the definition of unsportsmanlike behavior. Late hits, punches, unnecessary roughness, taunting, rubbing the opponents faces in it, sheer arrogance. There is a huge difference between playing aggressive, through the whistle, hitting hard, and celebrating a win and then how KC acted. I don't know, maybe respect and sportsmanship isn't important to some fans anymore. Maybe that's the Patriots factor. They have been cheating, arrogant champions for so many years that maybe that is just acceptable behavior now. I'm not saying the Chiefs were cheating---just a bit aggressive beyond the rules, which of course is really the NFL and referees faults for not keeping them in the lines---inconsistent refereeing to me is a huge problem with the league. They should call every game, every team the same all year (playoffs or not), no matter what. It just evens the playing field if you truly want integrity in the game. The rules should be the rules---but obviously, the NFL doesn't want their most watched games to be slowed down by a bunch of flags. KC knows that, they've been there before. So, I think they pulled a Seattle Legion of Boom play, by daring the refs to have to throw a flag on every play. The refs just aren't going to do that in a Championship game. The refs did go over to the sideline at one point to tell the Chiefs to reign in the over aggressive play (how many teams get that courtesy), but they never really enforced it, so KC kept it up to the last whistle.

It's not whining to point this out, it just is what it is. And it is a perfectly good reason for someone not wanting to root for that team---not that the alternative (for the Super Bowl at least) is any better. It's like playing a casual game of football in the neighborhood when you were younger. Everyone is just having fun, but there is the one kid who thinks he's playing in an NFL game, hitting everyone as hard as he can, talking smack, spiking the ball in someone's face when he scores, rubbing the win your face, etc. I'm sorry, but it is perfectly ok after the game to turn to one of your friends and say, "that kid is a dick." Well, KC were *****. Plain and simple. Not whining about it, just pointing it out.

And as for the people that are saying that the Bills should have just played the same way---matched KC's level of intensity/roughness. Well (tinfoil hat firmly on), I'm not so sure that the Bills get away with as much as KC did. If Tre suplexed Tyreek Hill, would Hill have had to beg for a penalty, or would the flag have been out instantaneously. If Jerry punched Osemele to the ground, do you think he would have gotten away with it, with no flag, ejection, or at least a fine? I find it interesting that the only fines issued in that game were to Josh, Jon, and Dion. None for Okafor or Jones' punch---none for KC at all. Yes, refs tend to hold onto their flags more during the playoffs, but I am dubious that the Bills could have gotten away with as much as KC did in that game.

I absolutely do not blame the loss on the refs or KC playing a little dirty...but it does make me not want to root for them. Sorry if that bothers you.

Exactly.

Did the Chiefs do enough to win? Yes.

But as Marv used to say, “act like you’ve been there before”.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2021 at 3:15 AM, JerseyBills said:

I seen the banter on here about KC being too chippy.  

Then I go on Twitter tonight and I see 3 videos by Bills fans saying they won't root for KC because of these plays!

A trip to the SUPERBOWL was on the line. I'd expect the game to get a bit chippy.  I'm just tired of the whining.  This is football.

If the shoe was on the other foot and our guys on D are feeling confident enough to act like that, I'd be thrilled and would have spent last week researching tickets to a Bills SB game.

They were better and more physical and deserved the W. 

I'm tired of Bills fans whining about these type of plays!

Edit - Only dirty play i saw was Jones punching Mongo.

I would've loved to see our D slam Hill and hit Mahomes like that. Fair play to them,  our Bills will get revenge next year. 

Bills went out there and got manhandled/played like pussies. I hope the coaches and players learned something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/4/2021 at 3:15 AM, JerseyBills said:

I seen the banter on here about KC being too chippy.  

Then I go on Twitter tonight and I see 3 videos by Bills fans saying they won't root for KC because of these plays!

A trip to the SUPERBOWL was on the line. I'd expect the game to get a bit chippy.  I'm just tired of the whining.  This is football.

If the shoe was on the other foot and our guys on D are feeling confident enough to act like that, I'd be thrilled and would have spent last week researching tickets to a Bills SB game.

They were better and more physical and deserved the W. 

I'm tired of Bills fans whining about these type of plays!

Edit - Only dirty play i saw was Jones punching Mongo.

I would've loved to see our D slam Hill and hit Mahomes like that. Fair play to them,  our Bills will get revenge next year. 

Bills fans don't need to hold back their contempt for late hits on their passport to success for the next decade. The shoe wasn't on the other foot because our guys didn't look to hurt Mahomes after the game was sealed. Mongo and Dawkins should have exacted retribution a play earlier. Do you think anyone would have tolerated this crap if it was the GOAT. His O-lineman would have been cut after the game, if they didn't stand up for their guy.Going forward, no cheap shots will go unpunished on our franchise. Sorry  if it upsets your sensitivities.