Imagine what the package would be for Josh?

Depends which team came in for him. Watson and Josh are close to a like-for-like so the team who instigated it may chuck in a draft pick as well. Mahomes would be a swap with us giving the Chiefs a few picks in return. Josh’d be unaffordable to anyone else, either because age (Brady, Rodgers, Wilson) or quality is in his favour.

Edit: Picks, not pucks!

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I know the thread is about what Josh might fetch in light of the Stafford trade, but to me it’s a moot point since it’s franchise suicide to trade a bonafide top 5 QB in the prime of his career.

In that regard, I still don’t believe Watson will be traded.  The Texans have to find a way to make that work.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4

Josh is worth more to us than anybody else because he fits in Buffalo.  I actually think WAtson’s trade value is probably slightly higher because he’s dominated from Day 1. Probably still some Josh doubters out there because he’s only played at this level for 1 year.  
That said, I wouldn’t take 5 first round picks for Josh. I’d consider a trade for Mahomes and that’s it. There’s no QB who’s a better fit for Buffalo than Josh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Let's face it folks threads like this one and the multi page threads on Watson & Stafford only confirm that Bills fans have a bad case of off season speculative syndrome.

For the last 25 years we have approached every off season like a gambleholic approaches a poker game.  We have months to scheme preseason moves that will finally land the Bills a franchise QB and a playoff birth.

But damn, this years Bills have spoiled that fun and now we have to exist in a world where we have a franchise QB and the Super Bowl is a legitimate goal.  Where's the fun in that?  I'm envious of Detroit fans who now can imagine all the pro-bowlers those 1st round picks will garner.  Or how Goff will return to his super bowl year.

And imagine how much fun the Rams fans are having as they speculate on how their almost elite new QB, who never won much in Detroit, will lead their elite defense (the one Allen and the Bills torched but I digress) to the Super Bowl.

And I can only guess at the ecstasy surging through Miami & Jets fans in anticipation of landing the Watson.  Who cares if they have to give up their first born child to get him.  Think of all the awesome scenarios for any team that lands a top 5 QB like Watson. The outcome is guaranteed just like when the Bills landed Bledsoe!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Let's face it folks threads like this one and the multi page threads on Watson & Stafford only confirm that Bills fans have a bad case of off season speculative syndrome.

For the last 25 years we have approached every off season like a gambleholic approaches a poker game.  We have months to scheme preseason moves that will finally land the Bills a franchise QB and a playoff birth.

But damn, this years Bills have spoiled that fun and now we have to exist in a world where we have a franchise QB and the Super Bowl is a legitimate goal.  Where's the fun in that?  I'm envious of Detroit fans who now can imagine all the pro-bowlers those 1st round picks will garner.  Or how Goff will return to his super bowl year.

And imagine how much fun the Rams fans are having as they speculate on how their almost elite new QB, who never won much in Detroit, will lead their elite defense (the one Allen and the Bills torched but I digress) to the Super Bowl.

And I can only guess at the ecstasy surging through Miami & Jets fans in anticipation of landing the Watson.  Who cares if they have to give up their first born child to get him.  Think of all the awesome scenarios for any team that lands a top 5 QB like Watson. The outcome is guaranteed just like when the Bills landed Bledsoe!

the only way that happens is if Detroit has an all pro RB who makes play action extremely credible.   Goff has problems generating plays on his own.

25 minutes ago, eball said:

I know the thread is about what Josh might fetch in light of the Stafford trade, but to me it’s a moot point since it’s franchise suicide to trade a bonafide top 5 QB in the prime of his career.

In that regard, I still don’t believe Watson will be traded.  The Texans have to find a way to make that work.

Well, it might be a way for the teams with upset franchise QBs to do something. 

While I wouldn't take Watson for JA, I think Beane would have to give some thought to a A Rodgers/ D Adams and a second for JA.

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’d trade Josh for Watson straight up.

I love Allen too btw, but I think DW is a a little better. 

I think you are probably right, maybe, can't say for sure. Though I don't think Watson would be as good of a fit in Buffalo, so I would stick with Allen.

3 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I think you are probably right, maybe, can't say for sure. Though I don't think Watson would be as good of a fit in Buffalo, so I would stick with Allen.

Personality is key as well; after what has happened at Houston you have to wonder when Deshaun might pitch a fit toward the administration, especially if things aren't going well. They have been no concerns about Josh on that score to date. But I agree, on balance, taking into account age and quality I'd say the current pecking order is Mahomes, Watson and Allen. However I'd say Watson has reached his ceiling (albeit he'd look better surrounded by a stronger offense) whilst Josh should still have room to grow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, McBean said:

It's not straight up though. You're losing cap space. We still have 2 years of Allen at bargain cap hits. About $10 million difference in cap space in 2021 and nearly $20 million in 2022. 

35 minutes ago, McBean said:

Not me. We would have to fire Beane, let Watson pick his guy which could be Doug Whaley  :thumbdown:

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2