1/24/21 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Bills @ Chiefs PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

just a title...they don't know much more than anyone else...they are still guessing and just repeat same stuff...

That’s why I would love to get an actual analyst break it down on one of these shows and say “hell Tre white just isn’t fast enough to contain Tyreek” or “Feleciano won’t be able to block Chris Jones because of xyz” or “if the Bills think Matt Milano will make a difference this time, here’s why Kelce will overcome that” or “Allen won’t be able to connect with Diggs like he has all year because KC’s corners will do this...” to back up why this matchup is such a no brainer. Maybe I just missed it. I’m not saying the chiefs won’t do all those things. I just went to hear/see this actually analyzed.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Picking the chiefs to win is not disrespectful to the Bills. Doing so while predicting a one sided affair and no analysis of why you are picking the chiefs other than ...because they are the chiefs is what is annoying. If someone breaks down the matchup and explains why they think it is such a big mismatch that’s fine. Not the week 6 game. This game. And I’ve heard plenty of “analysts” this week act like the Bills have to play some kind of superhuman  version of themselves to have a chance ... but no one has said why. The chiefs are a browns WR gaffe away from watching this game on their couches. The chiefs need to play their best game of the year to beat this team. Something I’ve not heard at all. 

I hear ya, but I can also say the Bills are a poor pass from Rivers to Pittman away from watching on the couch.

I guess since I don't pay attention to who people are picking, I don't get upset about it. Why is this such a big deal, I've never understood why anyone feels like it's a new story when anyone makes a prediction. Who cares? They're just guessing.  I used to laugh back in the day when all the Buffalo News sports reporters made their picks each week, like it was a big deal. It's a dumb thing and it's even more of a dumb thing to get upset when they don't pick the team you want to win.

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

but they are not analysts...they are former players and just guessing like the rest of us

he changed it to 15-2....do you still get the point?

Not really because he was using records to justify opinions without knowing what the Chiefs record actually was.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I hear ya, but I can also say the Bills are a poor pass from Rivers to Pittman away from watching on the couch.

I guess since I don't pay attention to who people are picking, I don't get upset about it. Why is this such a big deal, I've never understood why anyone feels like it's a new story when anyone makes a prediction. Who cares? They're just guessing.  I used to laugh back in the day when all the Buffalo News sports reporters made their picks each week, like it was a big deal. It's a dumb thing and it's even more of a dumb thing to get upset when they don't pick the team you want to win.

That’s been brought up plenty (colts game)

Just now, Turbo44 said:

And we won like 56-27 when we weren’t really trying to win....

So everyone should pick against Kansas City?

I totally expect the Bills to win, but the offense taken by so many when people don't pick us is laughable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Folks here will probably laugh at this, but it just occurred to me right now that our game is on CBS today.  I normally don't really tune into that sort of thing.

So I guess we get Nantz and Romo, and that's going to make the game that much more enjoyable for me.

I love Romo! 

Thank God we avoid Buck and Aikman doing the other conference.  That's a blessing.

Romo has gotten way too full of himself. He’s a full on cheerleader for the guys he likes and has been making more mistakes lately (I think it’s just a cramp, Jim!). I fully expect him to be jizzing all over the press box every time Mahomes takes a heroic step with his injured big toe. He will be flat out cheering for the Chiefs all game long. Gonna be hard to listen to unless we are kicking butt and we get to listen to him try and make excuses for Mahomes or cheer an attempted comeback.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s why I would love to get an actual analyst break it down on one of these shows and say “hell Tre white just isn’t fast enough to contain Tyreek” or “Feleciano won’t be able to block Chris Jones because of xyz” or “if the Bills think Matt Milano will make a difference this time, here’s why Kelce will overcome that” or “Allen won’t be able to connect with Diggs like he has all year because KC’s corners will do this...” to back up why this matchup is such a no brainer. Maybe I just missed it. I’m not saying the chiefs won’t do all those things. I just went to hear/see this actually analyzed.

I concur but probably only coaches  can do this properly

3 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Romo has gotten way too full of himself. He’s a full on cheerleader for the guys he likes and has been making more mistakes lately (I think it’s just a cramp, Jim!). I fully expect him to be jizzing all over the press box every time Mahomes takes a heroic step with his injured big toe.

CBS is gonna need several mops!

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

So everyone should pick against Kansas City?

I totally expect the Bills to win, but the offense taken by so many when people don't pick us is laughable.

Again, I picked the chiefs to win. But it wasn’t an easy pick. The two teams are very closely matched. Not who I want to win obviously. I prefer that everyone picks them to win. The team feeds off of it. It was a huge thing after the game last week that they felt they were the underdog. They were actually favored in the game! THEY prefer to not be picked to win. Again, it’s not that. i want to know *why* certain things are said along with it pertaining to it being a no brainer etc. I haven’t seen that. Even when they say the Bills don’t run the ball well enough, they fail to mention the chiefs don’t either. 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I concur but probably only coaches  can do this properly

And even those are just very educated guesses. These Championship games are often intriguing because of their ability to surprise us as football fans. No one knows what will happen, what strategies will be employed and what players will rise to the occasion that may not be household names. Go Bills!!