I will say it.... Am more worried about Indy then anything that comes after....

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I hear you and @Billsfan1972. We fans are just not used to such praise and optimistic predictions. We hence naturally start to worry and temper our own expectations in preparation for letdowns which have happened way too often over the past decade. I felt that way before the past 5 games but now have come to realize the composition and coaching of this team is far different than in the past. We are truly playing complementary football but led by the red hot offense. As others have commented, we also match up well so this should be a decisive win for the Bills.  

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

6 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

It's the playoffs and it is a pretty strong field in the AFC from top to bottom. I don't think there are any "easy wins." I believe they will be prepared, and if they play at the level they have been playing over the last five weeks or so, then they are capable of beating any team they face.  But I expect the games to be tough, starting with Indy.

This is spot on. I don't expect a blow out. Tough, hard fought game that the  Bills win 27 - 20.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe this team uses a true week to week philosophy.  Saw somewhere on here Bills are 13-1 on their regularly scheduled games - sole loss was the Hail Mary in AZ.   The Titans and KC losses were when routine prep was off for players and when Josh was dinged.

One has to trust the McDermott staff to prep the team as usual and have them ready with specific plans to get up early on O, stop Taylor and the run on D and limit the Colts return game on STs.   

6 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

It's the playoffs and it is a pretty strong field in the AFC from top to bottom. I don't think there are any "easy wins." I believe they will be prepared, and if they play at the level they have been playing over the last five weeks or so, then they are capable of beating any team they face.  But I expect the games to be tough, starting with Indy.

Thank you! Now is not the time to even consider anything that comes after the Colts. They are a playoff team. They are NEXT. They are the ONLY thing I can worry about right now! We CAN beat them, but they have to go out and do it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I will say it, I am more worried about every team BUT THE COLTS

I have a small amount of worry but I think it comes from all the heartbreaking losses I've suffered going back to the Ronny Harmon drop in Cleveland in 1989.

If this were the playoff format from 2019 the Colts would already be in their offseason so I should have more confidence.

It doesn't help that I breath a sigh of relief and celebrated when Allen/Diggs gave us the lead against the Cardinals with less than 50 seconds to play earlier this year. 

Forget about Indy's offense, that doesn't matter. In pass defense DVOA, Indy is ranked 8th, worse than Pitt, Miami, and San Fran. Denver is ranked 11th. If our offense plays the way it has over the past month, and I believe it will, Indy will be blown out. I'm not worried about this one.

To win the Super Bowl our offense will not be able to falter in a single game. It's a tall order but that's what it takes to be a champion.

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Not sure what you mean.

Indy has one of the leagues best defenses 

Indy

8th in defense (yards)

10th (pts.)

To show respect for Indy, Rivers is getting rid of the ball with 1.8 seconds.  They are not a push over, and they have a good run game, but we will beat them.  Not a good idea to disparage another team.  I respect them, but we will beat them.  There are only a couple of teams that can beat us.  That’s no disrespect to them Ir their fan base.

2 hours ago, sirebors said:

"I will say it.... Am more worried about Indy THEN anything that comes after...." 

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time taking serious any thoughts  not utilizing basic grammar. 

Than this must be a very challenging place for you to visit!  :)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I will say it, I am more worried about every team BUT THE COLTS

Yes, the Bills should beat the Colts, substantial favorites.  The nervousness is because if the Bills lose as prohibitive favorites to the Colts it mars, in a significant way, the overall view of the season.  This one loss has the most potential negative affect on Bills off-season.  The label of choker and underachiever will not be easy to erase.

• Like (+1) 1

I know I predicted Bills win by 1 point (21-20) but I won't be surprised if they have a heart breaking, soul crushing loss.

I worry that I expect Josh throws a pick 6 in the 1st half and will panic and try too hard and win the game by himself.

We might see a dumb, stupid, jittery Joshy like we witnessed in the 2nd half of the wild card game last year.

I know we haven't seen that kind of Joshy all year but we might see that on Saturday. This is a whole new ball game. Win or go home.

• Like (+1) 1

I do expect that any team in the AFC bracket can win an individual game.  Heck the Jags beat Indy.

However that is just normal in the NFL.

I am not nervous because the Indy pass defense is very suspect and the strength of the Bills offense  is passing.

I expect a good, hard fought game with the Bills prevailing.  What would make me nervous is if the Bills did not have a good team and were in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I know I predicted Bills win by 1 point (21-20) but I won't be surprised if they have a heart breaking, soul crushing loss.

I worry that I expect Josh throws a pick 6 in the 1st half and will panic and try too hard and win the game by himself.

We might see a dumb, stupid, jittery Joshy like we witnessed in the 2nd half of the wild card game last year.

I know we haven't seen that kind of Joshy all year but we might see that on Saturday. This is a whole new ball game. Win or go home.

I’m counting on the Frank Sinatra pre-game music to calm our fearless leader!  :)

It will be telling to see how we come out. Hopefully we learned from our playoff experience last year and can learn to play just like we have been playing in recent weeks. It’s the same game, do the same things. 

PLEASE!   🙏

EDIT: Some things I read above caused me to look up the Colts pass defense. They ranked 20th over the year allowing and average of 241 yards/game passing. The last 3 games, however, that average jumped to 301 yards/game. I’m not sure if that was related to injuries or opponents (I am FAR too lazy to dig that deep), but I did find it encouraging. Label more hopeful than cocky, or even confident. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1