Jets tell Gase he will be fired after next week's game

Big Turk

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Seems to be a curious way to do business, but this is the Jets we are talking about.

Seems to happen quite a bit, usually give the coach the option to keep coaching or quit effective immediately.  Thought they did that with Rex and he decided to leave.  Seems I've heard about it other times too.

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

He's the worst coach in the NFL. This can't be a surprise. The only recent guy that I can think of that was worse is Hue Jackson.

Is he a good coach? No.

But I feel he got a raw deal a little bit. All the Jets free agent money was used in getting Leveon Bell, which Gase objected to. We all know how that worked out. 

The GM at the time was awful. The Jets roster is total garbage.

like I said. Is he a good coach? No. 

but you have to be a miracle worker to win with the Jets. 

Edited by Nick the Greek

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Seems to happen quite a bit, usually give the coach the option to keep coaching or quit effective immediately.  Thought they did that with Rex and he decided to leave.  Seems I've heard about it other times too.

The Rex situation is not really analogous as that was all done behind closed doors and only came out after the team and coach parted ways.

The Jets have come out and formally announced the termination of their coach, but only after the season ends.

That's f-ed up.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

The Rex situation is not really analogous as that was all done behind closed doors and only came out after the team and coach parted ways.

The Jets have come out and formally announced the termination of their coach, but only after the season ends.

That's f-ed up.

Well that's true, usually you only hear about it when the coach decides to walk.

Hey it could be worse, they could be bringing in new guys to interview!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Not the same thing.

Jets told Gase intentionally.

Bills told Rex only after he figured it out and asked.

Yeah, I'm sure Gase hasn't figured it out yet lol.

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's f-ed up.

No they haven't.