Jets tell Gase he will be fired after next week's game

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except per the topic of this thread, that Ship has Already Sailed

I know, but he had spoken favorably about Gase before that.

As I recall, BB had good things to say about Jauron when he was here.

18 hours ago, MJS said:

I think if my boss told me they were going to fire me, not today but next week, I would sleep in and just not go to work.

Not if you had a guaranteed contract that says you'll still get paid after you're fired.  Coaching is very different than most other jobs.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except per the topic of this thread, that Ship has Already Sailed

Now hold it right there, Destry.  If there's one franchise in this league that a 180 degree reversal could occur at, it's the Christopher Johnson owned New Jersey Jets. 🤡🚗🤡

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Artwork.

Maybe he will join fellow JEST refuge in New England.

Could Adam Gase join Bill Belichick’s coaching staff next season?

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-adam-gase-join-bill-163036068.html

While speaking with reporters on Wednesday, Bill Belichick showed much praise for Gase and Jets starting quarterback Sam Darnold.

“Adam’s always had an offensive system that really gave the quarterbacks all the opportunities to have tools that they need to be successful, so I don’t think you could have anybody better coaching (Darnold) than where he’s at,” Belichick said. He’s progressing as you expect he would.”

Gase is an offensive mind and the Patriots just lost quarterback coach Jedd Fisch, with the potential of also losing offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. Gase worked under McDaniels and Nick Saban, while maintaining a solid relationship with Belichick. The Jets coach even mentioned that Belichick called to ask about his future plans following his tenure with the Dolphins.

“After I left Miami, he called me and we had a discussion about that ending and seeing what I was going to do moving forward,” Gase said, transcribed by NESN. “That was kind of the starting point there. We just had a conversation to kind of just see what my next steps were going to be.

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Not if you had a guaranteed contract that says you'll still get paid after you're fired.  Coaching is very different than most other jobs.  

I would especially do that then.

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Did anyone else catch this?

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/157265-bills-apparently-want-adam-gase-to-stay-with-jets/

Apparently the Bills’ account deleted it shortly after posting.  But it might be #fakenews, unless someone on here can confirm.

......  and what would be the ramifications on that confirmation? lol🤞

On 12/29/2020 at 2:52 PM, Bruffalo said:

He's the worst coach in the NFL. This can't be a surprise. The only recent guy that I can think of that was worse is Hue Jackson.

Freddie kitchens probably moreso.  all the  talent  and it was a  train  wreck .    Which  makes  me  wonder  too .  kitchens  was  hired as  hc      under mayfields   endorsement and direction. ownership  bought in because of mayfields  success in his  rookie  year.  Much  the  same  is  happening in SD   with     anthony lynn and  an  endorsement  from  justin  herbert. I  wonder if  the same  will  happen.  who knows?  herberts endorsement  might  have  saved  Dabol going to SD.

15 minutes ago, singlezero said:

Freddie kitchens probably moreso.  all the  talent  and it was a  train  wreck .    Which  makes  me  wonder  too .  kitchens  was  hired as  hc      under mayfields   endorsement and direction. ownership  bought in because of mayfields  success in his  rookie  year.  Much  the  same  is  happening in SD   with     anthony lynn and  an  endorsement  from  justin  herbert. I  wonder if  the same  will  happen.  who knows?  herberts endorsement  might  have  saved  Dabol going to SD.

It's never a good sign when your QB is lobbying for a head coach to keep his job.  Kitchens was an unknown as a HC when Baker endorsed him.  Lynn isn't a good head coach and they need to move on.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's never a good sign when your QB is lobbying for a head coach to keep his job.  Kitchens was an unknown as a HC when Baker endorsed him.  Lynn isn't a good head coach and they need to move on.

I still think they will. Lynn will be done after Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, MJS said:

I think if my boss told me they were going to fire me, not today but next week, I would sleep in and just not go to work.

The difference is that there are 31 other bosses who talk to your boss, and you’d still like to work for one of them.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think they will. Lynn will be done after Sunday.

A few very self-important posters on this forum were certain the Pegulas made a mistake letting Lynn go and hiring McD.  They conveniently forget that now, though.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, eball said:

A few very self-important posters on this forum were certain the Pegulas made a mistake letting Lynn go and hiring McD.  They conveniently forget that now, though.

Yep they did. I was always team McDermott. I was as right about Sean as I was wrong about Josh. :D