Jets tell Gase he will be fired after next week's game

Big Turk

7 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Gase was such an awful hire.

It is amazing that they would hire a coach who had just fired for failing miserably

I mean hey, after all, he's "coaching to where football is going." So there's that.

16 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Yes, but he was replaced with Anthony Lynn as an interim coach for the last game.  They didn't have him coach as a lame duck.  Totally different situation.

Didnt rex let his brother basically manage the team for a week after he found this out? Help him "build his resume" kind of thing

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Didnt rex let his brother basically manage the team for a week after he found this out? Help him "build his resume" kind of thing

No. Rex told them, "Just fire me now," so they did and then named Anthony Lynn as interim HC. Not sure if Rob was even around for the final game.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

🤣

You sometimes wonder if Bill Belichick's nose doesn't grow longer like Pinocchio during these pressers.

But maybe he's sincere.  Fro this https://nypost.com/2020/12/29/sudden-adam-gase-to-patriots-buzz-is-ignoring-big-issue/

Bill Belichick is always very complimentary of Gase, too, as he was again Tuesday during a conference call with Jets reporters.

“I think Adam’s done a great job this year of continuing to improve the team with coaching,” Belichick said. “As usual, his excellent game plan and play-calling are problems for the defense. This is a team that’s gotten better.”

I mean, I guess they've gotten better because they've now won a couple games.  But I don't see how you can look at Tannehill BG and AG (before Gase, and after Gase) and look at Sam Darnold's first year and next two years, and say "Wow, that Gase, whatta QB development genius"

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

'Skip the Dishes' receipts are not considered resume builders...unless you're the driver.

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've been onto one of my contacts at the UK Foreign Office today. Hoping to get a direct line to the US Embassy. I can still talk Woody out of it folks!

Do you have any drag with Goodell and the Pegulas?  Some of the TSW members want to see Christian Wade. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You sometimes wonder if Bill Belichick's nose doesn't grow longer like Pinocchio during these pressers.

But maybe he's sincere.  Fro this https://nypost.com/2020/12/29/sudden-adam-gase-to-patriots-buzz-is-ignoring-big-issue/

Bill Belichick is always very complimentary of Gase, too, as he was again Tuesday during a conference call with Jets reporters.

“I think Adam’s done a great job this year of continuing to improve the team with coaching,” Belichick said. “As usual, his excellent game plan and play-calling are problems for the defense. This is a team that’s gotten better.”

BB wants Gase to continue coaching the Jets just as much as we want Gase to continue coaching the Jets, for the exact same reason.

• Thank you (+1) 1