Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I doubt this. It’s likely McKenzie, IMO, who’d fill in for Beasley. 

Brown has an entirely different skill set 

I suspect we are gonna see more of Diggs in the slot than McKenzie. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't really know what McDermott's plan is, but he better be playing for the #2 seed.  Now that fans are allowed in the stadium for playoff games, it would be a crime against WNYers not to ensure you get 2 home games.

I don't care if he designates someone to scoreboard watch and puts Josh & co. on the bench once it's clear Cleveland will beat Pittsburgh, but you definitely need to make sure you don't lose Sunday and watch Pittsburgh win.  

And yes, Pittsburgh can win even with Rudolph at QB.  Remember these are the same Browns who just lost to the Jets.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't really know what McDermott's plan is, but he better be playing for the #2 seed.  Now that fans are allowed in the stadium for playoff games, it would be a crime against WNYers not to ensure you get 2 home games.

I don't care if he designates someone to scoreboard watch and puts Josh & co. on the bench once it's clear Cleveland will beat Pittsburgh, but you definitely need to make sure you don't lose Sunday and watch Pittsburgh win.  

And yes, Pittsburgh can win even with Rudolph at QB.  Remember these are the same Browns who just lost to the Jets.

McDermott will do what’s best for the team and going forward with playoffs having fans is nice but a bigger picture here. 

11 minutes ago, 97bills said:

McDermott will do what’s best for the team and going forward with playoffs having fans is nice but a bigger picture here. 

Homefield advantage.  It's what you play for.  On top of that, winning the #2 seed all but guarantees you don't see the Ravens in the 1st round.  They're the other "hottest team in the NFL" right now along with Buffalo.

Make sure homefield is locked up.  That's what's best.  Rest your starters once that's clearly happened.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hyde said some stuff about this in his postgame presser that I thought were interesting giving the player's perspective.  7:50 in.  Basically that for himself, rest is good but he wants to play because there are plays he wants back, and in the NFL the next team will try those things against you so he has some things to work on and he would love to play.

Thanks for sharing this, Hap!

I’m among the crowd that wants us to play for the #2 seed. It’s really cool to hear MH’s reasons on why he wants to play. Such a good perspective as a player.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah, bro, I agree.

I hope that they’re playing for the number two seed as well.

Go Bills!

The big question as well:

If bills do play their starters, do they play their A game plan knowing they may play the Dolphins again in the wild card round?

I don’t think they play their starters all game, but if they do it will be interesting to see how they approach it.