Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Love that Cosel loves Matt Milano! I found myself staunchly defending and arguing here for him early in his rookie season. Loved him from his very 1st game -picking off deep sideline passes to preserve wins. His health history has been challenging, but we HAVE to give him a 2nd contract! He’s a difference maker.

Louis Riddick on mnf was drooling over Milano ... seeing as he’s interviewing for several GM jobs, Milano likely won’t lack for suitors in FA 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Louis Riddick on mnf was drooling over Milano ... seeing as he’s interviewing for several GM jobs, Milano likely won’t lack for suitors in FA 

Milano absolutely needs to be retained. The guy makes a huge difference in this defense. There are plenty of ways to get creative with the cap. He’s a LB. Not a QB/LT/CB. The money won’t be ridiculous. The injury should help knock a bit of the money off. 

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Hope 21 gets an early pick! He's been worth every penny 

Better put him in the box then because Tua doesn’t try a pass beyond 6 air yards.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Milano absolutely needs to be retained. The guy makes a huge difference in this defense. There are plenty of ways to get creative with the cap. He’s a LB. Not a QB/LT/CB. The money won’t be ridiculous. The injury should help knock a bit of the money off. 

Better put him in the box then because Tua doesn’t try a pass beyond 6 air yards.

I think Tua is going to be handing the ball of ALOT today , I think Miami will go run heavy today if we can stop it Tua is toast 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So weird to me that they didn’t elevate Davis Webb. 

Davis, and also a WR.  Good thing I'm not coaching the Bills!

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Not to me.  He's not an NFL QB.  I'd rather see Fromm.  Rookie versus rookie.

The thing is, that would go 100% against what the Bills have been doing with him all season, unless they are making a change (which McDermott said they wouldn't)

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, that would go 100% against what the Bills have been doing with him all season, unless they are making a change (which McDermott said they wouldn't)

I think that plan was for the regular season.  In the playoffs if Josh +/- Barkley get the 'rona, it's over.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Not to me.  He's not an NFL QB.  I'd rather see Fromm.  Rookie versus rookie.

I’d much rather see Fromm start today. There’s no reason to not see what he has. All you have to do, is get him to test negative and he can go right back to the isolation role. I’m just not expecting it. I’m expecting a head scratcher where Allen is a bit away from re-entry to the game

Just now, Doc said:

I think that plan was for the regular season.  In the playoffs if Josh +/- Barkley get the 'rona, it's over.

They still don't want to play without a QB like Denver did.  That was just embarassing.

McDermott was specificially asked that question about Fromm and specifically answered.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d much rather see Fromm start today. There’s no reason to not see what he has. All you have to do, is get him to test negative and he can go right back to the isolation role. I’m just not expecting it. I’m expecting a head scratcher where Allen is a bit away from re-entry to the game

This is not how it works, though this is not the place to discuss it.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I'd like to see Josh get his 40 yards, Diggs add to his stats to put the receiving title away, and then seen Fromm.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They still don't want to play without a QB like Denver did.  That was just embarassing.

McDermott was specificially asked that question about Fromm and specifically answered.

Then isolate Webb.

5. Miami Dolphins (10-5)

Following a dramatic victory over the Las Vegas Raiders on Saturday, the Dolphins need to beat the Bills or hope the Browns lose to the Steelers and either the Colts lose to the Jaguars or the Ravens lose to the Bengals. The bad news? All three of those results are pretty unlikely. The good news? Buffalo might take its foot off the gas pedal  Sunday. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2924347-breaking-down-playoff-clinching-scenarios-and-the-most-likely-wild-card-matchups?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Edited by ALF

So if the other teams win and the Dols lose, who do the Bills face in the 1st round?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless McDermott was lying to everyone, Fromm is continuing as quarantine QB. That’s why I’m surprised. 

Did he recently say that Fromm will continue in isolation?  If so, then never mind.

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Seems crazy that he would take huge pay cut to just practice. 

Turns out I was somewhat off on my estimation of the financials here but he probably did take a ~40% pay cut, or thereabouts, to chase the NFL dream. Still making $143K per year as others have pointed out. Folks have also pointed out he has an American partner so perhaps the personal life considerations are more important as well if he wanted to be in the US. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/29/2020 at 4:55 PM, balln said:

where is all this davis webb love from? literally didnt know he was on the team until they made him active this week? Is he gonna see the field week 17?

For no rational reason I can think of I would like to see D Webb play ahead of Barkley , but I can be that way sometimes...😜

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is McD was asked if they were going to make a change at isolation QB and he said “no”

Also if you isolate Webb today, you can be confident he’s available only some time out (>1 week)

Thanks for the info. But IMHO they’re wasting a golden opportunity here.  Unless they plan on playing the starters all game, or at least until it’s out of reach.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:16 PM, Norcalbillsfan said:

From watching his pre draft videos it seems like tua is an extremely hard worker and puts in the time I'd be willing to bet he finds his groove.

Only if he regains his former ability to rotate his hips in his throwing motion, that hip injury is currently effecting him in a negative manor, looks like he has to use his entire body to throw the ball, and still lacks velocity at any distance.  Time will tell as they say, but at present he isn’t looking particularly good.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 8:32 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not a poke, just curious if the Phins fan gestalt is really to still blame Tannehill?  I mean, he's QBing the league's #3 offense on points right now, and while he doesn't have huge passing attempts or yards, he is pretty durn efficient - 65% completions, 240 ypg, 12 ypc, 32 TD 7 INT.  He was pretty good last year too when he won comeback player of the year.  Which sort of says to me maybe it was some other factor amiss in Miami (I personally give it 4 letters ,starts with "G")

We knew he was good. But like I said, our front office and coaching staff were beyond pathetic. They did tanne no favors. We all knew he needed a team like Tennessee to be good. Basically, a perfect situation all around him. 

On 12/31/2020 at 10:32 PM, RunTheBall said:

I think he meant the GM Tannenbaum unless you are asking about Tannehill as an aside

Yes that is what I meant

On 12/31/2020 at 10:51 PM, MJS said:

They do seem to be on the right track. I'm looking forward to a good rivalry between the Bills and Dolphins.

That being said, I can not sold on Tua at all. He seems ... underwhelming to me, but he's a rookie. We'll see if he improved.

You and me both. I honestly think we need to pull an AZ with Rosen. Im just not sold. But I believe in flo&co to do the right thing.