Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Sounds like cutting Kumerow was a front office "oops".  And Jake played special teams.  Duke for a week? or longer if Beasley is a DNP, big body and target.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if they had a do-over, all things being equal, they'd hang on to that guy.  Just like the players have "a few plays they'd like back" I'm sure the FO has some and cutting Kumerow might just be one of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if they had a do-over, all things being equal, they'd hang on to that guy.  Just like the players have "a few plays they'd like back" I'm sure the FO has some and cutting Kumerow might just be one of them.

Jake is a taller [6-4] Duke Williams with 4.54 40 time and plays teams

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed.  They were bringing Brown back.  He went to the covid list instead. Not a course changing move just like you said they wanted to keep him around. 

I suspect that this burst of WR activity is less about Brown & Beasley's availability and more a reaction to the Cleveland Browns effect. 

Given how dependent the Bills offense is on having 4 & 5 WR sets they couldn't afford to have a covid catastrophe wipe out half their receiving core. So Beane may be assembling a shadow WR group just in case.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

John brown worries me 

feel like he isn’t close to being 100% yet and the fact they might sign Stills is a troubling sign considering we don’t make moves like that 

Why would they activate him last week if he wasn't ready?  They don't really do that.

11 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

ESPNs gamecast site says he is “OUT”. 

Is that thing alway right?

hard to say

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/fantasy-wr-injury-report-week-17-deandre-hopkins-2020/

John Brown's status for Week 17 remains in question

After John Brown sat out several weeks due to an ankle injury and landing on injuredreserve, he's been cleared for return but will remain inactive. ..

CBS 2 days ago 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bills-john-brown-not-expected-to-play-monday/amp/

The Bills are not expected to activate Brown (ankle) from IR in time for Monday's road game against the Patriots, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports.

Brown resumed practicing Dec. 15, but it sounds as though he has a better chance to retake the field Week 17 than during Monday night's divisional matchup. If Brown indeed remains out Monday, Gabriel Davis will continue to work alongside Stefon Diggs and Cole Beasley in three-receiver sets.

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

CBS 2 days ago 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bills-john-brown-not-expected-to-play-monday/amp/

The Bills are not expected to activate Brown (ankle) from IR in time for Monday's road game against the Patriots, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports.

Brown resumed practicing Dec. 15, but it sounds as though he has a better chance to retake the field Week 17 than during Monday night's divisional matchup. If Brown indeed remains out Monday, Gabriel Davis will continue to work alongside Stefon Diggs and Cole Beasley in three-receiver sets.

Why are you posting something from last week's status?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

Why are you so afraid of the colts and titans???

First off I don't have a fear of any team the Bills will play in the Wildcard Round.

Second I was replying about a question as to who the MIAMI DOLPHINS will play IF they win on Sunday.

The answer I gave was they will lock a #5 seed with a win and THUS WILL PLAY THE AFCS DIVISION WINNER.

Third I don't care if the Bills play the starters or not but in either case I want the Bills to win on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

CBS 2 days ago 

In one of the postgame interviews it certainly sounded like Brown was part of the gameplan.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think it's obvious (to me anyways) that Beasley sits out the Fins game. And they may just be bringing in and extra WR just for that game, also there's a spot on the PS if I'm not mistaken.

In any event I fully expect Beasley to play 1st game of playoffs.

I hope your right.  He’s a big part of the machine and a great security blanket for Josh when Diggs is two manned