Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Makes me wonder if Beasley is more hurt than they’re letting on.

I don't know yeah, but one thing about beane and McDermott is they are very cautious about covering their backs just in case

Edited by Comebackkid

@DolFAN93 as a few others have said, opposing fans who can provide some reasonable analysis are always welcome here. You guys have had a pretty nice season so far, Gesicki is a stud and that defense is a tough match up. Hopefully the Bills and Dolphins revive the old rivalry and are the main teams fighting for the division again with the Pats going back to the basement where they truly belong, we can only dream. 

As for all the Tua discussion, I think the jury is out on him and he has some strengths and weaknesses like any rookie. The game is moving a bit fast for him at the moment understandably and I don't know if Gailey has trusted him with the entire playbook yet, but he throws an accurate ball, shows some decent mobility and awareness in the pocket, and I like his intangibles (leadership and work ethic). His injury history is concerning so we'll see how that goes.

Regarding the arm strength argument, we're used to seeing Josh Allen throw the ball around here who has an absolute howitzer for a right arm so it's tough not to notice the difference when other QBs throw sometimes. I think Tua's arm strength is about average, but Gailey's offense doesn't push the ball downfield too much so he doesn't get to throw many deep balls anyways. In summary, if he hadn't played for Alabama and now our division rivals, Tua is probably a guy I'd find easy enough to root for in the league and he deserves some time (and more skilled players around him) to develop like most rookies. 

Here's to hoping that both teams stay healthy on Sunday and that we will meet again in the playoffs (anyone but the Ravens and Titans)!

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

What are the chances the chiefs stumble? They only have 1 chance to "stumble" and vs who?? Ravens? Who they smacked this year? 

The Chiefs have won their last 7 games by 6 or fewer points - the only such streak in NFL history.  They would have lost to the Falcons last week if a sure interception late in the game by Mahomes wasn't dropped.  Mahomes has the NFL record for most dropped ints this year which would have turned some of those other games.  Everyone knows that Balt is a completely diff team at this point of the season - considered by many to be one of scariest teams entering the playoffs.  It's wrong to think there is no possibility for the Chiefs to lose their first game. 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

That’s just what I was thinking too. Hope I’m just paranoid

I think it's obvious (to me anyways) that Beasley sits out the Fins game. And they may just be bringing in and extra WR just for that game, also there's a spot on the PS if I'm not mistaken.

In any event I fully expect Beasley to play 1st game of playoffs.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

19 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Dolphins have a good football team.

Only thing holding them back right now is Tua.

If he progresses next year, they are going to be a threat to the bills for many years. (I am not saying they will be better than the bills)

I'm not sure he's the only thing holding them back, but they have a stout D with an excellent secondary and they're a well-coached team with Flores.

Adding some offensive talent will make them very dangerous.

Interesting assessment of Tua from a DPT on Twitter:

In other parts of his twitter thread, he compares film at 'Bama and at Miami pointing out that Tua's throwing motion seems to have changed from using his right leg, hip, torso, and arm to throwing only with his torso and arm.  Now this can be a residual of "bad habits" picked up during rehab...and it's possible that a year where he can work offseason, he could get his throwing motion mapped and work to get it back in sync and get back on track.

I think he seems like a good kid and you hate to have a promising player get derailed by a gruesome injury, so when he's not playing the Bills I'm pulling for him.  But I'd much rather face Tua than Fitz at this point.  Our defense can screw with most young QB's minds, but Fitzy typically has our Kryptonite tucked in his trous (until we pick him)

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I posted in virgil's "a few thoughts about the game" thread saying that I haven't seen someone sell a fake like that since Jay Cutler in the wildcat formation.

I think by the time any "sales job" by Bojo would have helped, the ball was already enroute to Neal and everything else was candy

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think by the time any "sales job" by Bojo would have helped, the ball was already enroute to Neal and everything else was candy

I agree. But he didn't move until the play was over which I thought was funny.

Just now, Penfield45 said:

John brown worries me 

feel like he isn’t close to being 100% yet and the fact they might sign Stills is a troubling sign considering we don’t make moves like that 

He was going to play against the Pats if it wasn't for the Covid adjacent IR.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Former Giants QB. Been on our PS since week 2 I think.  Selfishly I would LOVE a Davis Webb led Bills to knock out the Fish in the playoffs. 

Earlier.  He also helped organize Florida Offense Summer Practice including being extra arm and I heard also catching balls.

Many players have complemented him.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard a national analyst today (Nate Davis from USA Today) say that Allen has been looking good against bad teams. he didn’t do his research. 

Wow! Thanks for sharing, Yolo.

It’s so encouraging to see how good he is against good competition.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard a national analyst today (Nate Davis from USA Today) say that Allen has been looking good against bad teams. he didn’t do his research. 

For good reason, Allen has made these teams look bad by beating their ***.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1