What winners look like

Buffalo716

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/bills-gabriel-davis-matt-milano-make-christmas-wish-come-true-for-young-boy-watch.html

This is it

We have built a team of some great young men, who have the ability to make lives better for other people.

You win off the field and then you win on Sundays. And this is what McDermott has preached since he stepped in the door

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 29

That’s an awesome story!

For those wondering why the prosthetics were a wish, insurance will typically only cover one set over a certain time period- so when a child is growing quickly, they typically have to do without.  

Kudos to our guys for making this happen.  Really great people.

I know someone working on 3-D printable prosthetics, which would be a game changer for kids.  They’re not as durable, but they don’t have to be, and they’re much cheaper.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Augie said:

This is AWESOME! These are guys on mid round rookie deals, not mega-millionaires. I absolutely LOVE this story! 

No doubt.  Gabe Davis has made how much at this point in his career?  

milano a minimalist 5th round pick. 

just love to hear this stuff. 

Class personified 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Great story! The Bar has been raised via ‘the Process’. Quality in Spades is the new Bills mantra, from off field to on. Following our 2nd of 3 straight playoff loses via a lateral in January (Houston, Jax, Houston), the jury was still out on McDermott, Beane & Allen. Could Beane improve signing FA’s and Draft picking? Could Sean improve game day decision making? Were Allen’s 1st 2 seasons seeds of hope or are we doomed to a knucklehead freak?

The answers have been delivered. Yes, Yes & Yes.

As fans, our off season hopes were to return to the playoffs with a home game, win the AFCE and win a playoff game. Lofty, but achievable. Now, 10 days before the gift of Christmas, winning the Division and playing multiple playoff games is anticipated- if not expected. Beane & McDermott have been extended and Josh Allen is -well, God!😉 

Down the Line somewhat was having a team we could truly be proud of with a plethora of great citizens and goodwill ambassadors who double as terrific pro players. McBeane’s methodical approach began in their 1st offseason, shedding undeserving salaries and malcontents while garnering Draft picks toward a goal now achieved. 

We have arrived in both aspects.

The new Bar, Super Bowl or Bust!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Great story! The Bar has been raised via ‘the Process’. Quality in Spades is the new Bills mantra, from off field to on. Following our 2nd of 3 straight playoff loses via a lateral in January (Houston, Jax, Houston), the jury was still out on McDermott, Beane & Allen. Could Beane improve signing FA’s and Draft picking? Could Sean improve game day decision making? Were Allen’s 1st 2 seasons seeds of hope or are we doomed to a knucklehead freak?

The answers have been delivered. Yes, Yes & Yes.

As fans, our off season hopes were to return to the playoffs with a home game, win the AFCE and win a playoff game. Lofty, but achievable. Now, 10 days before the gift of Christmas, winning the Division and playing multiple playoff games is anticipated- if not expected. Beane & McDermott have been extended and Josh Allen is -well, God!😉 

Down the Line somewhat was having a team we could truly be proud of with a plethora of great citizens and goodwill ambassadors who double as terrific pro players. McBeane’s methodical approach began in their 1st offseason, shedding undeserving salaries and malcontents while garnering Draft picks toward a goal now achieved. 

We have arrived in both aspects.

The new Bar, Super Bowl or Bust!

I think so.  I preach and preach "just stick to the process" of building the roster continually with quality players/people and combined with continuity of patient, quality coaching/staff the wins will simply take care of themselves.   Was thinking next year would be the year for a SB run, but the roster is pretty darn solid and very healthy relative to most of the rest the league, there appears to be harmony and continuity throughout... heck why not this year?    They could have a dozen key guys go on IR next year, who knows.   Go get it while the door is open.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/bills-gabriel-davis-matt-milano-make-christmas-wish-come-true-for-young-boy-watch.html

This is it

We have built a team of some great young men, who have the ability to make lives better for other people.

You win off the field and then you win on Sundays. And this is what McDermott has preached since he stepped in the door

For those on Instagram (or willing to subscribe) Gabedavis011 has this up in his story with video of the little boy running on his legs at Disneyworld.

It seems to have put something in my eyes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For those on Instagram (or willing to subscribe) Gabedavis011 has this up in his story with video of the little boy running on his legs at Disneyworld.

It seems to have put something in my eyes.

I'm not crying you're crying!

I knew Gabriel Davis was from the Central Florida area, but I had no idea Matt Milano lived and played high school football in the Orlando area as well.

Pretty cool thing they did for a Buffalo-area kid:

Christmas wish come true: NFL players cover cost of prosthetic legs, trip to Disney World for 8-year-old boy (wftv.com)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

• Special K changed the title to Matt Milano and Gabriel Davis make the local news in the Orlando area for helping a Buffalo child get new prosthetic legs!!
18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

thread on it

Oops....saw it on the news down here in Fl, and just wanted to share....I should have figured it would be covered in Buffalo as well.

Either way, a great story, and I’m glad they covered it in both cities!!

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/14/2020 at 10:06 PM, Augie said:

This is AWESOME! These are guys on mid round rookie deals, not mega-millionaires. I absolutely LOVE this story! 

Heck yeah. As a parent, I seriously teared up a tiny bit reading it and watching the video of the boy in Disney. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is so beautiful. I shared with my daughter last night and we were crying like babies. 

It wasn’t long ago that many here were complaining about McD wanting ‘choir boys’. Well, that wasn’t the intent, THIS was. Aggressive and tenacious on the field and kind and caring off the field while also caring for your teammates. 

You can have it all if you get to know these young men and then bring them into the fold. 

• Like (+1) 2

On December 14, 2020 at 10:00 PM, Buffalo716 said:

This is it

You said it all right there!! Way to represent our city

• Like (+1) 1