Confirmed: Moss benched after fumble

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

he had a near fumble that was overturned on review just a bit earlier. i think being a bit careless with the ball twice is what caused the benching

Yeah I mentioned that play earlier in the thread as a possible reason that McD held him out so long. But the fact is, he didn’t fumble earlier. The ball came out when it hit the ground. 

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Singletary picked up 3rd and 1 on a sweep at least 2x.  

The Bills got absolutely stuffed on at least 4 short yardage situations where Moss typically would have been in the game but wasn't.

Motor also took a holding penalty on a 3rd/goal where he shouldn't have even been on the field that likely cost the Bills 4 points.

Not having Moss available hurt the team on multiple occasions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

The Bills got absolutely stuffed on at least 4 short yardage situations where Moss typically would have been in the game but wasn't.

Motor also took a holding penalty on a 3rd/goal where he shouldn't have even been on the field that likely cost the Bills 4 points.

Not having him available hurt the team on multiple occasions.

I take it you are pretty high on Moss.

Hope you are right. I always want to see these kids do well and I have seen flashes from him.

I don't know what to make of these running backs. Last week I would have sworn on my life that Moss should be the #1 RB. Then yesterday Singletary has a steady and productive game while Moss almost gave it away. I think next year we should get a back with speed and play all 3 equally.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not having Moss available hurt the team on multiple occasions.

put me in the singletary > moss camp.  

hopefully he gets better with ball security and they can tag team it up 

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I take it you are pretty high on Moss.

Hope you are right. I always want to see these kids do well and I have seen flashes from him.

I like what I have seen out of Moss but he isn't this dominating power back just yet. I think most rookies entered the season behind the eight ball not having a typical training camp or off-season experience due to Covid. Very few rookies are having a huge impact right now. But Moss has considering the circumstances been OK. He has a 4.1 yards per carry (which is OK but given his short yardage use is pretty good) along with 3 TD's in a more limited role. 

I hope he finishes the year strong as I think he and Singletary are a great complement to one another but I think expectations have to be in check.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Sometimes "The Process" aint so fun, but you'll come out the best version of you.

Another page out of the Bill Belichick book of coaching for McDermott.  See:  Gillislee.

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

and yet in the official stats that fumble goes on Allen. smh @ nfl stats guys

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I saw 2 fumbles for Josh on the stat sheet and wondered where the other came from. Didn't know it got charged to Josh, SMH. .

So I've never quite understood this.  By way of being a mechanical error, a RB fumbing the ball is no worse a mistake than a WR dropping an easy catch or an OL missing on a block.  Sure, the stakes are obviously higher with the turnover but it's really no more egregious of a physical error.  So why is there a punitive benching in the case of fumbling and fumbling only?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

So I've never quite understood this.  By way of being a mechanical error, a RB fumbing the ball is no worse a mistake than a WR dropping an easy catch or an OL missing on a block.  Sure, the stakes are obviously higher with the turnover but it's really no more egregious of a physical error.  So why is there a punitive benching in the case of fumbling and fumbling only?

You answered your own question.

Losing concentration and dropping a routine pass = okay

Losing concentration and not securing the ball on your 5 yard line = not okay

9 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

those other scenarios do not hand the ball back to the other side maybe😀stakes higher - have to be extra careful

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

14 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I saw 2 fumbles for Josh on the stat sheet and wondered where the other came from. Didn't know it got charged to Josh, SMH. .

Yeah, back-to-back games Josh gets charged with a fumble on an exchange, and I don't think either was on him.  Snap by Morse outside Josh's hands and Moss not securing it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

You answered your own question.

Losing concentration and dropping a routine pass = okay

Losing concentration and not securing the ball on your 5 yard line = not okay

Just a weird paradigm to me.  Every other position makes mistakes and its "We're a team and we pick each other up" but RBs get banished to the shadow realm.  Even WRs fumbling don't usually seem to get benched.

• Like (+1) 1