Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Looking like wind won't be much of an issue tomorrow night. 8-10pmh at kick-off and dropping as the game goes on. That's good news. Chance of precipitation is only about 20%.

That’s good. Didn’t want the weather to spoil this bobby dazzler of a game 👍 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen is the best QB in the league against top-16 defenses according to EPA (expected points added per play).

But the Rams werent good yet....  the 49ers were over rated....  blah blah blah

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, the Jets figured out our tendencies enough to hold us to 422 yards of offense, including 307 passing yards by Allen, and nearly 35 minutes of possession time. True, we didn’t find the end zone and I give the Jets credit for that, but we shot ourselves in the foot time after time with 11 penalties for over 100 yards as well. 

Yeah, I don't think the Jets can exactly claim credit for all those penalties.

Love the 5-man OL configuration they used in the 49ers game

LT Dion Dawkins

LG Ike Boettger

C Mitch Morse

RG Jon Feliciano

RT Daryl Williams

Big massive long wide-body Guards and Tackles. This is the best possible Pass Blocking unit the Bills have. Beautiful pockets created by these guys. Everybody is a better Pass blocker than Run blocker. I was very impressed with the UDFA 6'6" LG Boettger rewatching the tape; he's a keeper. They finally got liability RG Brian Winters out of the lineup. If they stick with this OL the rest of the way, Allen will dominate.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

LT Dion Dawkins

LG Ike Boettger

C Mitch Morse

RG Jon Feliciano

RT Daryl Williams

Big massive long wide-body Guards and Tackles. This is the best possible Pass Blocking unit the Bills have. Beautiful pockets created by these guys. Everybody is a better Pass blocker than Run blocker. I was very impressed with the UDFA 6'6" LG Boettger rewatching the tape; he's a keeper. They finally got liability RG Brian Winters out of the lineup. If they stick with this OL the rest of the way, Allen will dominate.

Yup. Stay healthy and keep this unit together! Let Allen sling it all over the yard.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Part of why Bosa blew us up, from what I saw, was that Josh had guys open in the short, quick pass game and didn't take them.

One of the thing I liked best about the 49ers game was that Josh did take some of them. 

And it was the difference in the game at times , to move the chains and keep driving.

But there were still more to be taken.  One of the things that jumped out at me on film is how often, when Josh extended the play and launched a hair-raising tight window laser, there was an open receiver with a much easier throw available much earlier, sometimes on the same side of the field.  Example, there was a secondary route laser to Beasley down the R sideline where Diggs had been standing wide open about 5 yds downfield for, like EVER.  "Josh!  Gathering cobwebs here!  Hey kid!  Show a bro some love!"  When Josh rolled out right, Diggs even repositioned and crouched a bit, he was expecting the throw.

If Josh adjusts his mindset and takes more of those short quick passes that are being schemed into Daboll's plays (and are there for the taking), the ball will be gone before Watt arrives and we will be carving the Steelers up...dare I say...like roast duck?

Anyway, several have commented here that those short quick throws and screens are effectively an extension of the run game, and for us probably a more successful extension.  IF Josh will take them.  The Gunslinger is neither dead, nor is he sleeping.

Except I think the same was true of SF last week...weren't most of Cole's receptions outside the hashes?  He even made a quick double toe-drag move I hadn't seen him flash before.

This post made me go back and read the "in your head" post.  I thought along similar lines after the LAC game (at leaast I believe that was the one), that he can be his own worst enemy.  Interestingly, I caught part of the Pitt-Ravens game where Big Ben was dinking and dunking most of the time, wondering if Allen could ever get to that point?

I thought the 49er game showed some of that, "some."  He is still so young and raw, which means he's got so much more room to grow.  While he will never lose that gunslinger mentality, it looks like he is learning to be more patient and taking what's given sometimes.  Sunday night will be a very good test, and I hope he passes...   

Lastly, I've made this point a few times in posts where people lament not taking Mahomes: given he has so much more room to grow, if Allen CAN harness himself (and I believe he can), I believe one day soon the Mahomes Lament will go the way of the Dodo... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

LT Dion Dawkins

LG Ike Boettger

C Mitch Morse

RG Jon Feliciano

RT Daryl Williams

I've been asking for this all season!! Check the tape