Can someone explain QBR & Allen's 75.2% QBR vs. SF???

375, 4 TD's no picks, 80% completions and 139.1% Rating I get.

Also somehow on ESPN they claimed he fumbled not Moss.

I'd love to see all those posts I defended him in 2018 & 2019, blaming it on Daboll and the play calling holding him back and now we see how being aggressive and paying playmakers actually works in the NFL..... Who would have thought that????😜😉

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Josh fumbled an Dion recovered it.  Maybe they mixed that up.

The announcers had a few mixups too, called Matt- Mike, Brandon- Jeff and said the Bills started in good field position when they started at their own 10.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

The announcers had a few mixups too, called Matt- Mike, Brandon- Jeff and said the Bills started in good field position when they started at their own 10.  

Thought I heard a “Ryan” McDermott, too

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Botched handoffs are credited to the QB by default, as they were the last to "control" the ball.  Also the "fumble" recovered by Dion only stood that way because it wasn't a turnover and no use challenging.  It would have been better for his stat line if Dion doesn't jump on it, so the fumble could have been removed on review as down by contact.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Yes I laughed at that (<1:00 left in the half).  Another 5-6 seconds on the clock & they could have thrown one to the endzone.  

Yes one fumble, but the first one was certainly Moss, not Josh.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'd love to see all those posts I defended him in 2018 & 2019, blaming it on Daboll and the play calling holding him back and now we see how being aggressive and paying playmakers actually works in the NFL..... Who would have thought that????😜😉

The playcalling wasn't holding him back. It was exposing him to stuff to develop him. The Bills didn't slim anything back in 2019 they ran a full playbook and Josh made some mistakes.... but that is how I believe you develop an NFL QB. You don't hide him with a run game and the odd play action pass. You expose him to stuff let him make his mistakes and hope he goes away and learns. They were plenty aggressive in the playcalling in 2019 indeed there was an ardent crowd here who believed they were too aggressive and Josh should hand it off more. Daboll deserves a lot of credit for what they have done with Josh and his playcalling last night was excellent. Two of those touchdowns he schemed receivers wide open. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

the botched hand off was never in his Moss' hands ergo Josh gets the fumble 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The playcalling wasn't holding him back. It was exposing him to stuff to develop him. The Bills didn't slim anything back in 2019 they ran a full playbook and Josh made some mistakes.... but that is how I believe you develop an NFL QB. You don't hide him with a run game and the odd play action pass. You expose him to stuff let him make his mistakes and hope he goes away and learns. They were plenty aggressive in the playcalling in 2019 indeed there was an ardent crowd here who believed they were too aggressive and Josh should hand it off more. Daboll deserves a lot of credit for what they have done with Josh and his playcalling last night was excellent. Two of those touchdowns he schemed receivers wide open. 

Again agree to disagree.....  The fact the Bills under McD, went 48 games unabale to throw for 300 yards a single time speaks volumes.  

And every once in a while we see the offeinse regress and play "scared" i.e. vs. KC & NE.  

An interesting comment during the game was noting that the Bills finally spent on offense and realized you can't win scoring <20 points/game.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again agree to disagree.....  The fact the Bills under McD, went 48 games unabale to throw for 300 yards a single time speaks volumes.  

And every once in a while we see the offeinse regress and play "scared" i.e. vs. KC & NE.  

An interesting comment during the game was noting that the Bills finally spent on offense and realized you can't win scoring <20 points/game.

On personnel I agree with you. And so does Brandon Beane. He admitted it himself in January that he did a "horrible job" with offensive personnel in 2018 and that while 2019 was better he still "needed to do a better job of giving Josh pieces." Stefon Diggs changes so much about the offense. That is what true #1 receivers do. They make everyone else's job easier. But the reason we didn't have the 300 yard games wasn't because we weren't aggressive. It was because our personnel wasn't up to it and Josh remained a work in progress. Josh was not capable of being who he is today right off the campus at Wyoming. He has developed brilliantly and to just say "ah well that has nothing to do with coaching" is nonsensical. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

80% is more impressive when you see he had 3 throw aways too.

Hate that they credited the fumble to him and not Moss.
Stud Game!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

80% is more impressive when you see he had 3 throw aways too.

Hate that they credited the fumble to him and not Moss.
Stud Game!

I think there is confusion on the fumble. Josh had 1 fumble, on the sack. Dawkins recovered. The fumble inside the 5 went down on Moss. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

The announcers seemed to be junior league.  

Fortunately I did not hear them since TV is in bedroom and my wife was sleeping I left sound off.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Thought I heard a “Ryan” McDermott, too

It was Brian, they were talking about the offensive play calling...”And what a job by Brian McDermott calling plays on that drive” or something along those lines.

Edited by Dirtyd415
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think there is confusion on the fumble. Josh had 1 fumble, on the sack. Dawkins recovered. The fumble inside the 5 went down on Moss. 

see Pro Football Reference. 

the Stat sheet says different.  Josh had possession last not Moss. 

Look at it like a pass.   A bobbled ball bouncing off of the hands is an INT and not a fumble. the QB gets the INT

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

see Pro Football Reference. 

the Stat sheet says different.  Josh had possession last not Moss. 

Look at it like a pass.   A bobbled ball bouncing off of the hands is an INT and not a fumble. the QB gets the INT

Huh. Looks like Moss had enough of it to me to be "credited" with the fumble. 

Why split hairs? Josh had an amazing game on MNF. Kudos to you for pointing out how great your assessment has been. Your medal is in the mail, sir 😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Looks can be deceiving my friend. 

Possession ...  did he have it?  he fumbled the hand off but never had possession. 

Josh placed the ball perfectly, Moss closed his arms too quick and did not allot the rock to find its place in the bread basket- thats football 101.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

On personnel I agree with you. And so does Brandon Beane. He admitted it himself in January that he did a "horrible job" with offensive personnel in 2018 and that while 2019 was better he still "needed to do a better job of giving Josh pieces." Stefon Diggs changes so much about the offense. That is what true #1 receivers do. They make everyone else's job easier. But the reason we didn't have the 300 yard games wasn't because we weren't aggressive. It was because our personnel wasn't up to it and Josh remained a work in progress. Josh was not capable of being who he is today right off the campus at Wyoming. He has developed brilliantly and to just say "ah well that has nothing to do with coaching" is nonsensical. 

I am coming around, however McD was just so conservative that regardless of the situation he just couldn't figure out the need for offense years 1-3.....  We have scrubs all over the place throwing for 300 & many very early in their careers.  

This is a special year (to date), but look at just how many games the Bills were blown out 2017-19 and there were many chances to see better #'s.

However the past is the past & nothing can be done, however to pretend like some do that everything was done as part of a plan and they hit on every decisionthe coaches made is wrong.

I was on in 2018 & 2019 (oh & 2017) continaully upset about the offenses #'s and why they just were atrocious and accepted by many here.

Now we'll here complaints about the run game, which is the plight of being a Bills fan......😉

8 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Josh placed the ball perfectly, Moss closed his arms too quick and did not allot the rock to find its place in the bread basket- thats football 101.

I get the stat sucks for Josh to get the fumble. 

We all know Moss screwed up.

As the stat sheet says - Again by the rule Josh had full possession last. 

Which is F'd up because a botched snap is a fumble by the QB.

Maybe the NFL will update the Fumble when they correct the INT that never happened!!!! ???

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am coming around, however McD was just so conservative that regardless of the situation he just couldn't figure out the need for offense years 1-3.....  We have scrubs all over the place throwing for 300 & many very early in their careers.  

This is a special year (to date), but look at just how many games the Bills were blown out 2017-19 and there were many chances to see better #'s.

However the past is the past & nothing can be done, however to pretend like some do that everything was done as part of a plan and they hit on every decisionthe coaches made is wrong.

I was on in 2018 & 2019 (oh & 2017) continaully upset about the offenses #'s and why they just were atrocious and accepted by many here.

Now we'll here complaints about the run game, which is the plight of being a Bills fan......😉

Good coaches coach to their talent. The Bills had a lot of talent on defense and not much on offense. That is why they coached that way. Look at Belichick. He is 6-6 with a paper thin roster and Cam Newton not putting up many big numbers. For years he won with Brady throwing all over the yard. He knows if he tried that with his current roster they'd be 1-11 (still beat the Jets :D). You coach to your talent. McDermott now has an offense that he can trust. His Quarterback has developed, he has an elite playmaker.... it makes the difference. If McDermott had rookie Josh throwing 45 times to Andre Holmes and Zay Jones there wouldn't have been 300 yard games it would have been beyond ugly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with you mostly but it is still an anomaly that he didn't have a single 300 yard game first two seasons. Random dudes in random teams with random offensive personnel have 300y games quite often. Allen not having a single one last year was bizarre.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

BINGO!!! We have a winner. This is the best worded concise answers that I have seen that explains how this team was developed the past 3 seasons.