Denver Bronco's seem to be the real deal

Kwai San

Don't know how many of you watched last nights game but holy smokes the Bronco's are NOT going to be an easy out.  Granted it was an interdivisional match up and all but that crazy man in the middle of that Orange D, Shelby Harris, knocking down pass after pass has me impressed.  I know the Bills have a few weeks to go before this game but between the running game and the D the Bills will have their hands full for sure.

Meanwhile as always - Go BILLS!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Don't know how many of you watched last nights game but holy smokes the Bronco's are NOT going to be an easy out.  Granted it was an interdivisional match up and all but that crazy man in the middle of that Orange D, Shelby Harris, knocking down pass after pass has me impressed.  I know the Bills have a few weeks to go before this game but between the running game and the D the Bills will have their hands full for sure.

Interdivisional game and I think the Chiefs are not at their best of late. 

There's no easy outs in the NFL but I think our Def can handle Lock.

• Like (+1) 1

Drew Lock was underwhelming...

All Chiefs did was throw underneath stuff - which for some reason was all beyond the first down line.....seemed like every pass was 1 yard far enough to get a first down. 

The Broncos are -- as they have been ever since Manning retires -- a very good team except at QB. (Decent in-game decisionmaking by the coaching staff wouldn't hurt either.)

Lock looked like he might be the guy at the end of last season (4-1 in 5 starts, and a couple of those were really good starts), but that fizzled this year. I still think he's nursing a bad throwing shoulder. 

But he is capable of a decent performance, the running game is starting to click, and the defense is still very good. Add in what I imagine (even with no fans) is a significant home field advantage at Mile High, and this game is one to be worried about.

Denver is a tough out, they upset the Fins and gave KC a one possession game. Granted I think the KC game was more of a product of KC being off but Denver's defense and ground game showed up. I am honestly not focused on Denver, just beat the 49ers and sort everything out afterwards.

• Like (+1) 1

The schedule as a whole has been a gauntlet this year, aside from the Jets/Chargers, and will be until the finish. Eight of our games have been against a team which now holds a .500 or better record. We are 5-3 in those games. 

Dolphins (8-4)W

Pats (6-6)W

Seahawks (8-4)W

Rams (8-4)W

Arizona (6-6)L

Raiders (7-5)W

Chiefs (11-1)L

Titans (8-4) L

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Drew Lock was underwhelming...

All Chiefs did was throw underneath stuff - which for some reason was all beyond the first down line.....seemed like every pass was 1 yard far enough to get a first down. 

I'm pretty sure I saw a Chiefs drive that had like five straight dump offs over the middle. They just kept chipping away, everything in the middle underneath was a freebie. 

37 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I came away feeling like they could have lost that game by 30.  They are just incapable of stringing together drives consistently.  One incompletion and the drive's basically over.  

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t know. I really like Vic. He has that defense playing at a very high level. If they had a decent GM and decent QB, they’d be a lot better. 

I think they will give the Bills Some problems. 

They run well and play decent D. 

Lock is very inconsistent.

Fangio doesn't seem to manage the clock or the field very well. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

KC won't always kick a bunch of fgs and make mistakes. 

Yeah, it’s a long season. Talented teams often hit rough spots once they get to this point in the season, but talent always wins out. They’ll find a way to turn it up come playoff time. 

32 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Interdivisional game and I think the Chiefs are not at their best of late. 

There's no easy outs in the NFL but I think our Def can handle Lock.

Not Lock that I am worried about though.....that D and the RB was gashing the Chefs altho your point of them being "off" lately does ring true.

29 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'll take the other view: KC is not that good & we're going to the Super Bowl. 

I like this view!  For sure!

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I came away feeling like they could have lost that game by 30.  They are just incapable of stringing together drives consistently.  One incompletion and the drive's basically over.  

They could have but they didn't and thats my point.  The beast called Shelby is a force....the horsies lead the league in knocked down passes....the run game is jelling.  Like a previous poster said Denver is similar to the 9ers........it will be a fight alllllll the way to the end as none of the teams left are laying down.

4 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

They could have but they didn't and thats my point.  The beast called Shelby is a force....the horsies lead the league in knocked down passes....the run game is jelling.  Like a previous poster said Denver is similar to the 9ers........it will be a fight alllllll the way to the end as none of the teams left are laying down.

They've scored more than 21 points, 4 times this year.  They've allowed 21 points or more 9 times this year.  Gotta be close to dead last in turnover diff.  

They lost to the chiefs by 27 the first meeting, to the raiders by 25, the saints by 28, the bucs by 18.  

They're a worse version of the bills from last year.  A worse rush defense, and a worse QB being the big 2 notables.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

KC won't always kick a bunch of fgs and make mistakes. 

They had to kick a bunch of field goals because Denver's D was good at going after Mahomes and forced him to rush the pass or hold the ball too long.    Not a lot of defenses can put pressure like that.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Donkeys have a formidable defense.  Their weakness is at QB.  Lock might be the most inconsistent QB in the league.  Their D can hold an offense in the high teens and when they're successful doing that, they'll have a chance to win games.  Their offense will generally not be able to put 20pts on the board.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They've scored more than 21 points, 4 times this year.  They've allowed 21 points or more 9 times this year.  Gotta be close to dead last in turnover diff.  

They lost to the chiefs by 27 the first meeting, to the raiders by 25, the saints by 28, the bucs by 18.  

They're a worse version of the bills from last year.  A worse rush defense, and a worse QB being the big 2 notables.  

Wow - interesting numbers!  Thanks for that....all I saw what what I saw last night and the looked none to shabby to me.  That Shelby guy was a beast.

17 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yup, and this game was close only because the Chiefs didn’t challenge that incompletion call on a clear and obvious td by Hill.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yup, and this game was close only because the Chiefs didn’t challenge that incompletion call on a clear and obvious td by Hill.

They did make plays in the red zone though I'd give them that.  But 400 something yards is a lot.  And it felt like between the 20s they were moving the ball at will.