Denver Bronco's seem to be the real deal

Kwai San

Meh

They got up for a divisional opponent.  The Jets do that too.

Drew Lock is never going to be much more than the 25th rated QB in the league.  I don't see him beating us.

Vic Fangio is certainly not out-coaching anybody on game days

I get it - any given Sunday, but I'm pretty confident about beating this version of the Broncos

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Broncos are -- as they have been ever since Manning retires -- a very good team except at QB. (Decent in-game decisionmaking by the coaching staff wouldn't hurt either.)

Lock looked like he might be the guy at the end of last season (4-1 in 5 starts, and a couple of those were really good starts), but that fizzled this year. I still think he's nursing a bad throwing shoulder. 

But he is capable of a decent performance, the running game is starting to click, and the defense is still very good. Add in what I imagine (even with no fans) is a significant home field advantage at Mile High, and this game is one to be worried about.

How pissed are Bronco fans they didn't draft Josh Allen!? Whenever I think of the Broncos that's the first thought that pops into my mind

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

How pissed are Bronco fans they didn't draft Josh Allen!? Whenever I think of the Broncos that's the first thought that pops into my mind

Pretty pissed. Given that Lock looked pretty promising last year while Allen was still inconsistent, the volume of the "shoulda drafted Josh" didn't really get turned up until the middle of this season. But it's picking up week by week.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Weren't the Chargers the "real deal" as well, before the Bills played them?

Don't get me wrong, the Bills should beat the Broncos. Just pointing out that the Broncos have the talent to make it a little too interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

They are not the real deal. But if you looked up trap game in the dictionary it would show a preview of the Bills Broncos game. 

On the road verse a bad team with sneaky talent. Right after two big prime time games, including directly after a SNF game vs the conference leading undefeated steelers. Right before two division games, including directly before a MNF game against the hated Patriots. 

It definitely has the potential for a big let down 

44 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Meh

They got up for a divisional opponent.  The Jets do that too.

Drew Lock is never going to be much more than the 25th rated QB in the league.  I don't see him beating us.

Vic Fangio is certainly not out-coaching anybody on game days

I get it - any given Sunday, but I'm pretty confident about beating this version of the Broncos

Drew Lock, career (14 starts): 7-7, 74.9 QB rating.

Josh Allen, first 2 seasons: 15-12, 78.2

I haven't liked what I've seen from Lock this year, but it's way too early to be putting a ceiling of 25th best on him. Unless you were doing the same with Allen after 14 starts.

In what way? They average like 18 points a game. Not going to win very many games like that.

33 minutes ago, Process said:

They are not the real deal. But if you looked up trap game in the dictionary it would show a preview of the Bills Broncos game. 

On the road verse a bad team with sneaky talent. Right after two big prime time games, including directly after a SNF game vs the conference leading undefeated steelers. Right before two division games, including directly before a MNF game against the hated Patriots. 

It definitely has the potential for a big let down 

If you looked up trap game in the dictionary you wouldn't find it because despite people's insistence they exist, they actually don't.

I only watched a few bits and imagined this board if instead of the 8-3 Seahawks it would have been the 8-3 Bills losing... One week of fire Daboll, fire Beane, fire McD, fire Frazier, Josh sucks and so on ha ha.

Yes. Even the Jets could beat someone this year. Any given Sunday is a saying for a reason.

13 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I only watched a few bits and imagined this board if instead of the 8-3 Seahawks it would have been the 8-3 Bills losing... One week of fire Daboll, fire Beane, fire McD, fire Frazier, Josh sucks and so on ha ha.

Yes. Even the Jets could beat someone this year. Any given Sunday is a saying for a reason.

There's more parity in the NFL now than ever in my opinion.  It truly is a week to week league in this era.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Defense is outstanding, Drew Lock is Sam Darnold at best. Not that impressed. 

Darnold can only wish he had weapons on Offense like Denver.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Great defense, but bad offense. Lock does not look very good at all.

Bad offense, but that's coaching and scheme, not on the players. Lindsey, Gordon, Fant, Sutton, Kamler, Bolles, Patrick. That's quite the base.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Broncos are actually a very similar team to the 49ers team we see tonight. 

Bend not break type D. Give you the little stuff and then clamp down if you get in the RZ. Remind you of one team in particular?😄

12 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Darnold can only wish he had weapons on Offense like Denver.

Bad offense, but that's coaching and scheme, not on the players. Lindsey, Gordon, Fant, Sutton, Kamler, Bolles, Patrick. That's quite the base.

Bend not break type D. Give you the little stuff and then clamp down if you get in the RZ. Remind you of one team in particular?😄

Nearly 20% of their Offensive drives end in turnovers (worst in the NFL).  That's the players, not the coaches.

Coversely, their Defense is awful at creating turnovers (29th)--their TO ratio is -17 (dead last by a mile!  For reference, the Jags at 29th are -7).  

This team has lost 4 of their last 5.    They stink.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Their Offense sucks because their passing game absolutely sucks.

Their D has given up 28 or more points 7 times already.

They have already been "outed" 8 times---why wouldn't it be the same when the Bills play them?

Stop making sense!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nearly 20% of their Offensive drives end in turnovers (worst in the NFL).  That's the players, not the coaches.

Coversely, their Defense is awful at creating turnovers (29th)--their TO ratio is -17 (dead last by a mile!  For reference, the Jags at 29th are -7).  

This team has lost 4 of their last 5.    They stink.

I feel with their playoff lives on the line they may very well show otherwise tonight. 

But, I hope you're right. Bills need this win.

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Don't know how many of you watched last nights game but holy smokes the Bronco's are NOT going to be an easy out.  Granted it was an interdivisional match up and all but that crazy man in the middle of that Orange D, Shelby Harris, knocking down pass after pass has me impressed.  I know the Bills have a few weeks to go before this game but between the running game and the D the Bills will have their hands full for sure.

Meanwhile as always - Go BILLS!!!

denver is a young qb team that’s still learning how to win. They had 4 one score losses.   Last game was against a division rival so they can be close games.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't worry that much about the Broncos. They are far from being a "real deal" right now. Might be one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL right now.

Feel bad for Lindsay. If he's ever available, and I feel like he will be as soon as next year, Bills needs to look at him. Quicker than our backs and has Buffalo written all over him.

Edited by Nelius