• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online t

You just dont care enough

Actually no, it's normal for a human male with testoserone. The problems come in when trying to supress the anger.

Posted Images

When watching football I max out at yelling profanities.

However, I recently was experience interference in Bluetooth and wireless USB signals that I had been unable to pinpoint and I lost my shat and repeatedly smashed my keyboard on my desk 4-5 times. Keys went flying everywhere. Honestly, it felt a bit therapeutic. Good thing I use the same $30 keyboard/mouse combo. Went and bought a new set at Office Depot and continued to troubleshoot. After cleaning up the mess of course...

I think the difference to me is that I cannot control what the Bills or their opponents do, but I should be able to control my own ability to troubleshoot a PC issue, so it bothered me more.

Logitech K360 in case anyone was interested. :)

At the end of the Tennessee illegal forward-lateral playoff game.  I kicked what I thought was a bag of garbage in my Queens apartment. Unbeknownst to me, it was actually filled with empty beer bottles, which broke through the bag and went sliding at a high velocity down a long hallway (wood floors) and into the feet of my roommate, who was working at his desk.  When he looked at me incredulously, I yelled at him for not understanding.  Then I stormed out of the apartment and wandered into a random bar on Ditmars blvd, where three downtrodden looking guys wearing Bills jerseys were sitting at the end of the bar .   

• Haha (+1) 1
1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Not allowing boys to mature naturally is bad for society in the long run. Evidence is all around us...

good call.  i'm going to have my 2 and a half year old son start randomly breaking things so he can become a decent man one day.  

• Haha (+1) 4
2 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

I have a Bills doll that I got as a gift one year.  It's arms, legs and head are velcroed on.  So...if something bad happens in a game, I rip off a limb and toss it across the room. They  get restored if the Bills do something good to recover.  I hang onto it...especially in close games.  I also have a rubberized/nerf "Bad Call Brick" that I throw when the refs get involved.  That has gotten a lot of use this year!

There's probably some sort of weird psychology involved (whaddya think Hammersticks?) but I only tend to be destructive when I'm celebrating.

A couple examples:

> When we took that late lead right before the Music City Miracle I grabbed a 'puter chair and fired it so hard that it cartwheeled at least 30', out of the living room, all the way through the dining room and still flew into the kitchen moving so fast that it put a big dent in the fridge.

> When Jim Kelly dove over the goalline on the last play of the game on that uncalled QB draw to beat the Dolphins I ran out of the living room onto the deck, right through a sliding screen door that ended up totally mangled.

> On the Mayday goal I flipped a coffee table hard enough that one of the empty beer cans on it flew up and broke a bulb in the light fixture on the ceiling.

The only time I can recall ever breaking anything in anger is tearing a remote in half once, at which point I was instantly madder at myself than at the game. :blush:

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve had 2 small Bills footballs for over 20 years. One is really soft like a marshmallow and can be launched at the tv, dog, my kid, etc with zero impact. That one gets a lot of use. The other has some mechanism in it that when dropped, it plays the Shout song, or has Van Miller yelling “Touchdown Bills!” I have no idea how this thing keeps going, but it does!

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Yeah.  Put a big sign on that reads "Mancave: No Girls Allowed!".

The he-man woman haters club!

you may not be old enough to have watched the little rascals.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve never broken anything over a Bills game, or is this even about the Bills or me. A friend of mine’s father, who was a NYC cop shot their TV during a Yankee’s game. Pretty drastic, I’m guessing alcohol was involved. When ever I’ve felt like breaking something over Bills game I think of this.

Edited by chris heff
3 hours ago, dneveu said:

I mean i may have yelled "fall on the F*****G ball!!!!!" to no one in particular as my wife was upstairs not watching the game.

I literally yelled the same thing. 😂

At that point in the game,  I was in my basement,  away from everybody and they know by now not to bother me until the game's over. 

Then 5 or so minutes later I'm screaming TRE DAY , TRE DAY at the top of my lungs as White baited the rookie and made an excellent break on the ball.

They definitely think I'm nuts😁😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Never broke anything but almost choked to death while watching Bills vs Jets game years ago. Watching with a friend who was a Jets fan I inhaled a chicken wing when someone fumbled or something thought I was done for sure. He gave me the Heimlich and saved my life. Darn JETS!!!    

Edited by ALLEN1QB