Ottoman Flip

18 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Actually no, it's normal for a human male with testoserone. The problems come in when trying to supress the anger.

you realize you can work through anger without breaking *****...you know...in a healthy way?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

Anger Management treatment will help.  First it's the ottoman, next think you know...it's the wife!  😂

20 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Most figure it out, some don't. Upbringing has a lot to do with it. The way parenting and academia are these days, I expect more issues going forward...

🙄

1 hour ago, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

Looks like we need you to flip some ottomans again when the games on the line

First Bills Superbowl.  I had a Marine Midland ceramic Bills helmet bank that had been on my dresser since I was a kid.  As Norwood's kick sailed wide right, the helmet sailed across the living room and shattered as it hit the wall.  The good news is I was also wide right of the television.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

OFC, that's part of growing up...

It's not being stupid, it's being a human male, and it should not be categorized negatively IMO. Today we're breeding more school shooters as opposed to kids punching stuff...

this is the stupidest ***** you've ever said on here, and that's saying something.

• Like (+1) 4

Never broke anything but, a bunch of us were at a friends house for The Bills v Washington 

Super Bowl Game.

The host had just purchased a new TV for the game. After a Bills interception we jumped up ,and when we hit the floor the tv(it’s was on a spring loaded base) flew out and landed on my foot.

Didnt feel it, but we sweated out the tv was broken, but it didn’t. No one cared about my foot.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I thought this would be about a Turkish Bouffant...

I too was not prepared for this line of thinking......

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I am generally able to not break stuff in the house, but I do scare the dog a lot. I watch a lot of games outside and I throw stuff all the time. After that "InTeRcEpTiOn" from the Rams game, my neighborhood is lucky I didn't set the entire thing on fire. I did throw my beer over my back fence from the house. 

NOW I know where that beer came from!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Halloween Land said:

I haven't broke anything while watching a bills game cause i'm not an idiot and i'm too cheap. 

That would be for me ha ha

Anyone saw the Cowboys fan punch and then SHOOT  his TV? 

Edited by Jerome007

Back to the original post....In my 20's we were playing the Broncos and lined up for what I believe was the winning FG.  As the ball was snapped, I stood up and went through the kicking motion, I proceeded to swing my foot forward and kicked the bottom of the couch.  Really hard.  I don't recall whether the (Bills') kick was good, but I do remember that I broke my toe (it might have even been 2).  In that instance, it was just the excitement of the moment, and not in anger. 

I definitely get emotionally involved in games.  These days, I am a bit calmer than my younger days, although I do yell and curse at the screen during games and sometimes will pound on the couch or chair after a bad play.   I don't break anything.  I also get excited and yell for positive plays too.  I often have my kids around, so that tempers me a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Unfortunately, I'm not a season ticket holder who attends every home game, so I'm not a real Bills fan.  Therefore, I don't get angry enough to break anything.

Wow that sux!!  Kidding.  Never broke anything but have more than overly excessively celebrated.  Sometimes I channel my inner Mc Clappy!  Really loudly!!