Ottoman Flip

I finally read this thread, and enjoyed it.  Thanks, OP!  This reminds me of the time that a fellow Bills fan and I were going to do a little bit of (adult, buzzed) Wii bowling before the game and then he sheepishly fessed up that he'd thrown all of his Wii controllers into the wood stove in a rage after the previous week's loss.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The worst I do now is startle my sleeping dogs.

It was 1993....Sabres we’re playing the Canadiens in the playoffs and were down bad in the series. They were facing elimination and down a goal with not much time left.I can’t remember the Sabre that scored but I jumped up and yelled like a maniac. My dog got scared and ***** on the carpet.

The Sabres lost in OT and were eliminated soon after the poop was cleaned up.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:29 PM, dneveu said:

My brother ripped down all his bills stuff when they lost the 3rd super bowl i think?  I was only like 6 and he was like 16 at the time... He still doesn't trust the bills.

Also last year when they lost the playoff game I may have continued drinking into the wee hours and repeatedly said - this is the worst day of my life, why does this happen?!

I smoked myself into a coma last year after that loss. 3 days later I was better

Hi Chris. I feel you.

My outbursts tend to be after good plays. 

1) JP Losman hit Peerless for a game winning TD forever ago....fist went through the wall.

2) Tyrod hit Goodwin for an 84 yard td vs the Jets on Thursday night here a few years back and I chucked my prescription glasses into the 100 level bowl in celebration. Alcohol was a factor. I couldn't see a damn thing the rest of the game lol

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:05 AM, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

I may have damaged my relationship with some of my neighbors earlier in the season when the weather was nice and we all had our doors and windows open. I’m pretty sure they had heard all those words before.....but some of them have been looking at me a bit funny. Hard to say for sure.....

I'm actually surprised there's not more tales of serious destruction in in this thread - I always tell my wife my cursing and screming is nothing compared to what "other" fans do 😛   

I've beaten the crap out of a lot of couch cushions and pillows over the years.  After Music City Throwback I was watching in a bedroom in an apt we were renting at the time - I went into a blind rage and somehow I found myself in a closet furiously punching clothes - an image that is seared into my brain is after I had thrashed to exhaustion I turned around and my then 2 yr old twins were standing there staring at me - I will never forget the shocked look on their face - "Who the hell are you?  And what the hell is wrong with you?".

Edited by stevewin

On 11/30/2020 at 9:05 AM, Chris from Rochester said:

After a Josh turnover yesterday, I was extra annoyed, flipped my ottoman and it ended up breaking the screen on my fireplace. My stupidity caused me to miss the pick by White as I had to look online to find a replacement screen.

This got me thinking, over the years what have you broken because of over emotion during games, or is it just me and if so the names of any good anger management places would be appreciated :) 

LOL this is a funny thread.  I haven’t broken anything for a while.  I have thrown stuff like a couch pillow against a wall - most recently last January after Matt Milano bounced off Watson.  Also have kicked stuff or punched the floor but thankfully no damage.  

It is crazy how a game which, in most cases, has very impact on our everyday life can make us lose our shizznit

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:29 AM, 947 said:

When the Music City Forward Lateral happened, I took my Bills hat off & fired it at my tv. The hat stuck in the gap between the tv & the entertainment center (pre-flatscreen). Hours later when I'd stopped fuming, I took the hat out, the bill was cracked in half.

Same here. Was on the phone with my friend making plans to go to the next playoff game as the lateral took place. His next experience was dead air as I launched the phone across the room and watched it explode. 

I may hit a pillow with my hand when the Bills do something dumb. But after all these years I haven’t broken anything. After Hopkins caught that TD I just turned the TV off and explained to my family I didn’t want to talk about it. It’s the Bills, things like that happen sometimes. I’ll still tune in every game day. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, H2o said:

Can't really remember having broken anything in anger over a Bills game. The 4 SB's made me pretty much immune to anything in that manner.

This, and add the Music City robbery. .... So, the answer => Just my heart.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2020 at 10:40 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

After so many years of getting burned by the Bills, I mostly watch the game in a vegetated state, showing almost no emotion. I almost never cheer, because I am so worried about the late flag flying in to negate a big play.  At most, I wait a full 10 seconds almost after a play, and then do a subdued arm raise or mimed McDermott clap.

My wife yells at me whenever I’m watching any of my sports teams. I was watching a soccer match a few weeks ago and Chelsea scores a goal and my wife is walking by, she asks isn’t that your team? I answer yes, she’s like you don’t even cheer clap or show any emotion. That’s what the Bills and Sabres have done to me, I literally don’t believe we will win till five minutes after the game is over for any of my teams, it’s hard to enjoy a score thinking about the possibility of impending failure. I think us long term fans need time with a psychologist 😢😢😢

• Like (+1) 1