Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jets game he had 1 catch. Offense moved the ball but 18 vs the Jets is pretty bad. 

And Beasley ate that day with 11.

Diggs only had 6 receptions for 48.

Yes he needs to do better than 1 catch this weekend but I'm not expecting him to have 8-10 catches for 100+.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the "terrible" nature of the Titans defense is being exaggerated here.

But there were other factors in both games beyond the lack of John Brown.

That's irony, right?  Tell you what, You First and show us how it's done. 

Again, as an unironic brainiac such as yourself must realize, there are other factors than John Brown involved in a win, such as we had against the Jets.

I find your predictions amusing, and I now feel better about the Chargers game.

Predictions are pointless without money behind them. I'm glad they amuse someone, that's what I was going for. 

I love the idea of throwing away negative data because it doesn't fit your narrative but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Gabriel Davis has yet to show he can fill in for Brown. 

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yes he needs to do better than 1 catch this weekend but I'm not expecting him to have 8-10 catches for 100+.

You need more when you have 40+ attempts. Someone else has to step up. 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

In the 2 games John Brown was ruled out the Bills faced 2 terrible defenses and averaged 17 points. 

Try to use your brain instead of calling people out. 

The Bills offense has struggled without John Brown. Predicting wins and losses whatever, some of it is to get people like you worked up. But facts remain the Bills offense isn't the same without John Brown. 

Obviously we would love to have him in the line up this week and next. But big picture it's more important to have him in January. Their are at least 22 players on the field every Sunday. Brown would only be a small reason why the Bills don't win.

It was a half glass full/empty day for the Bills offense against the Jets. They didn't punt all day. Two would be TD's were taken off the board that majority of the time would have been scores 90% of the time. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Obviously we would love to have him in the line up this week and next. But big picture it's more important to have him in January. Their are at least 22 players on the field every Sunday. Brown would only be a small reason why the Bills don't win.

It was a half glass full/empty day for the Bills offense against the Jets. They didn't punt all day. Two would be TD's were taken off the board that majority of the time would have been scores 90% of the time. 

They moved the football vs the Jets as they should. The point was they faced 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL without John Brown. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You need more when you have 40+ attempts. Someone else has to step up. 

And my point was that Beasley did. 11/12 for 112. His best game of the season so far. Other than last week, he's had 7 or less targets in each game. 

Edited by The Wiz

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Beas stepped up Big Time against 'Zona as well, WITH Brown playing 75% of the snaps.

I think another player will "enter the chat" this weekend.  I have two candidates (not thinking Isaiah Hodges or Duke Williams)

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I love the idea of throwing away negative data because it doesn't fit your narrative

No one is "throwing away negative data', we are pointing out that YOU are the one with a narrative and ignoring all the other things that were going on in the games where he was out.

So back atcha.

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Gabriel Davis has yet to show he can fill in for Brown.

Gabriel Davis is a completely different type of WR than Brown, not a "fill in" for him.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Rarely does anything come down to tiebreakers. The fan emphasis on conference/out-of-conference games is puzzling to me.

Wild cards come down to tie breakers all the time.  2017 playoff drought was snapped on tie breakers. We are currently the 3 seed in the conference because of tie breakers. 

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They moved the football vs the Jets as they should. The point was they faced 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL without John Brown. 

"Two of the worst" The Titans D is currently #18 on points and #20 against the run.  (I think they were actually ranked better than that at the point where we played them, Week 5)  That's not saying they're a top D, but they aren't "one of the worst" either.

And what's being pointed out to YOU is that John Brown was far from the sole factor influencing those games.  You're keying on him as though nothing else matters.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And a 3rd coming on sunday

Chargers D?  It's not that bad.  Points given up 24th, but 11th on yards - means turnovers/field position big factor.  12th vs pass, 15th vs run.

Depends a lot on who's in there though. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Two of the worst" The Titans D is currently #18 on points and #20 against the run.  (I think they were actually ranked better than that at the point where we played them, Week 5)  That's not saying they're a top D, but they aren't "one of the worst" either.

And what's being pointed out to YOU is that John Brown was far from the sole factor influencing those games.  You're keying on him as though nothing else matters.

Chargers D?  It's not that bad.  Points given up 24th, but 11th on yards - means turnovers/field position big factor.  12th vs pass, 15th vs run.

Depends a lot on who's in there though. 

They look really bad on pass D and run D. Give up 4.6 ypc. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I’m expecting a lot of creative blitz packages against the rook.

I was telling my son yesterday - this is when good coaching can really win a game - dial up things that confuse the rookie QB and make it a very long day for him

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They look really bad on pass D and run D. Give up 4.6 ypc. 

Yeah Chargers not bad on rush YPG because 5th lowest # of attempts in the league

They are pretty bad on YPA....taking out the rounding and recalculating, they're 27th there.....

....one slot above us, at 4.82.  We're worse!

They're 12th on pass ypg and 14th on pass attempts though.  Doesn't seem like a bad pass D

I'm looking for TOP stats.  Something not adding up to me.

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Diggs will get a lot of use here. Cam Heyward may be out and Harris in the slot will be a tough matchup against Beasley. 

They don’t really have anyone who can cover Diggs. Even heyward if he plays has lost a step and not having a good year. Jets abused him. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So assuming ford to IR soon will open up another roster spot... that would allow both Dodson and Dane Jackson if healthy to be on the 53 before Sunday 

image.thumb.png.751997696cec183109c9a01c0ab32817.png

Wonder what is Lee Smith's "illness"?   Too much pie or ??

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So assuming ford to IR soon will open up another roster spot... that would allow both Dodson and Dane Jackson if healthy to be on the 53 before Sunday 

I approve of this message.

Edit: thinking about it though, if they have the full complement of DBs healthy, not sure why they would elevate Jackson.

Think they would wait and see what Norman and Wallace look like for them.

The player I'm keeping an eye on is Kumerow, because he was apparently taking some snaps with the 1's earlier this week, and John Brown is out.  In his presser, McDermott mentioned McKenzie and Roberts having to step up but IMO we already did that experiment.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have until 4:00 tomorrow to activate him from IR. So we should know tomorrow.

I figured that would be the case that they are waiting until the last possible minute to activate him. Based on Lynn's comment about him "handling more than he thought he would be able to" feels like they might be activating him. 

Edited by The Wiz

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have until 4:00 tomorrow to activate him from IR. So we should know tomorrow.

I doubt he plays.  First week of practice in 6 weeks?  Hes an important peice for them.  I think the front office steps in before they have him play after 3 days of practice.  

17 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I doubt he plays.  First week of practice in 6 weeks?  Hes an important peice for them.  I think the front office steps in before they have him play after 3 days of practice.  

They just paid him a ton of money so it could probably go either way. Pressure to get him on the field or pressure to take the long term view. They likely aren’t making the playoffs, so no need to rush. But if he’s ready he’s ready i guess. When Singletary came back from his hamstring last year, the bills really eased him in slowly.