Congrats from a Jets fan

JetsFan20

Great to see someone finally stick a nail in NEs coffin with regards to division titles.

It looks like the Bills and Dolphins are on the right track with Tua and Allen. Hopefully the Fields or Lawrence will join the party for the Jets.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 14

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I hope Gase gets a chance to develop the next QB

Gase is hardworking guy and I do think he is bright. However he needs to take a year off and watch NFL and college offenses for a year. 

His system is completely exposed at this point. Darnold essentially admitted that teams are just playing man and blitzing every play and the Jets can’t do anything to stop it. 

His entire offense run through the slot receiver (no matter who it is). Braxton Berrios got 11 targets today!

Just now, JetsFan20 said:

Gase is hardworking guy and I do think he is bright. However he needs to take a year off and watch NFL and college offenses for a year. 

His system is completely exposed at this point. Darnold essentially admitted that teams are just playing man and blitzing every play and the Jets can’t do anything to stop it. 

His entire offense run through the slot receiver (no matter who it is). Braxton Berrios got 11 targets today!

Gase has never had success as a HC, and likely won’t get another chance. 

We did the same thing with Rex. Let it go! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Gase has never had success as a HC, and likely won’t get another chance. 

We did the same thing with Rex. Let it go! 

Not talking about HC. If he wants an OC position he needs to completely revamp his system. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Not talking about HC. If he wants an OC position he needs to completely revamp his system. 

I guess, I’m just not holding my breath. 

The guy rode the coattails of Peyton Manning to his first HC gig, bombed with the development of Tannehill and is doing the same to Darnold.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Idk I think Fields is a nice consolation prize. 

He is talented.. Reminds me a lot of Dak Prescott.. And he can do a lot of the things Josh Allen does.. Not as strong a arm, but more accurate.. but he can do the QB sweep plays and QB draw plays that we like to run.. very talented kid.. should be a good player.

I’d still like to see Darnold under another coach before you guys just throw him away. He showed so much promise early in his career but now he looks like a shell of his former self. No confidence. Constantly seeing ghosts. He needs an NFL caliber coach (which Gase is not, IMO). How Adam Gase still has a job as the jets head coach is beyond me. You have to ask if the jets are tanking at this point. The stuff Chris Johnson said about not wanting to screw up Darnold’s development by changing coaches is just laughable. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

He needs to lay off the pills.  

49 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You better hope they fire Gase ASAP and somehow convince Sunshine to come to the big apple 

Sunshine Ronnie Bass?? He would probably do better than Darnold...although he might not be too good with the veer pitch...been a while since Rev taught him.

Edited by matter2003

53 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Curious - what is the general Jets fan take on Greggo Williams - is anyone wanting him to be HC or do people see him for the douchebag fraud that he is

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

Idk I think Fields is a nice consolation prize. 

Thanks for the nice post.  It’s great to see the NE fans experience what it’s like to have their season over at the half way mark.

Even the Jets won’t find a way to screw up by not taking Lawrence.  Although I hope they do.

53 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Curious - what is the general Jets fan take on Greggo Williams - is anyone wanting him to be HC or do people see him for the douchebag fraud that he is

I think at this point the fan base is numb. It’s all about losing out and securing the number 1 pick. There is a significant portion of the fan base who believes the team will screw it up  and win a meaningless game. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Great to see someone finally stick a nail in NEs coffin with regards to division titles.

It looks like the Bills and Dolphins are on the right track with Tua and Allen. Hopefully the Fields or Lawrence will join the party for the Jets.

You need a coach first

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’d still like to see Darnold under another coach before you guys just throw him away. He showed so much promise early in his career but now he looks like a shell of his former self. No confidence. Constantly seeing ghosts. He needs an NFL caliber coach (which Gase is not, IMO). How Adam Gase still has a job as the jets head coach is beyond me. You have to ask if the jets are tanking at this point. The stuff Chris Johnson said about not wanting to screw up Darnold’s development by changing coaches is just laughable. 

I want to keep Darnold and trade out for a haul if we get the 1st overall pick. Its a crime what has been done to him. Give him one more year and then move on if we have too.

21 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Bright?? Are we watching the same coach? He got his job because of Peyton. If he was bright he would be using his rookies, not Gore and Berrios. The guy has been figured out.

• Like (+1) 1

I do hate the Jets more than any other team, for sole reason. Having Greggo there really solidifies that. And that Anderson guy who is always taking cheap shots at our players.

But I do like Darnold. I think he will be the next Tannehill. He'll go to another team and actually be pretty decent as long as he has a good coach and some weapons.

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm curious about this too.  @Bleedingreennc?

Excellent question, and very happy to be back Hapless! My apologies for my past issues. I think Williams is gone as well. I think that the players are playing hard, but we do not have the talent to do what Williams wants done. We need to erase the chalkboard and start over. My first choice for HC would be Joe Brady, we have gone with retread coaches in the past and it hasnt worked. Let Brady be the OC as well. Maybe keep Williams, reload with our draft picks and cap space and see how that works. We have a lot of 1 year deals and most will be gone next season.

14 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Excellent question, and very happy to be back Hapless! My apologies for my past issues.

No worries, past is past

I think Williams is gone as well. I think that the players are playing hard, but we do not have the talent to do what Williams wants done. We need to erase the chalkboard and start over. My first choice for HC would be Joe Brady, we have gone with retread coaches in the past and it hasnt worked. Let Brady be the OC as well. Maybe keep Williams, reload with our draft picks and cap space and see how that works. We have a lot of 1 year deals and most will be gone next season.

I was pretty impressed, actually, at how hard the defense was going at us.  He has them playing pretty hard for reals.

Interesting choice in Joe Brady.  Doesn't have a lot of experience? 

Why not someone like Eric Bienienmy?  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not see him on your sidelines, but he seems like someone who's put in the time and worked his way up.  He knows the grind from his background as a player, and it seems as though Andy Reid's coaching tree is pretty good - seems like he mentors his assistants and tries to prepare them to move up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No worries, All past

I was pretty impressed, actually, at how hard the defense was going at us.  He has them playing pretty hard for reals.

Interesting choice in Joe Brady.  Doesn't have a lot of experience? 

Why not someone like Eric Bienienmy?  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not see him on your sidelines, but he seems like someone who's put in the time and worked his way up.  He knows the grind from his background as a player, and it seems as though Andy Reid's coaching tree is pretty good - seems like he mentors his assistants and tries to prepare them to move up.

Brady has been able to adjust with McCaffrey going out and plays to his players strengths, unlike Gase. I do not want EB only due to the fact that he has the title, Reid calls the plays and is the OC. I think more outside the box thinking needs to go into the next coaching staff hiring and our owners need to stay out of this and let Douglas do his job.

51 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Mathematically eliminated?

When they figure they can find a coach who can correct this mess?

Unfortunately we will trade Darnold once we have the #1 pick locked up. The next coaching staff will have a lot of draft picks and a great cap situation going forward. Douglas saw this coming and handed out multiple 1 year deals which think were prove it deals. We signed Douglas to 6 years for a reason, this may be part of the process. I hope it shadows the process the Bills had.

7 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Brady has been able to adjust with McCaffrey going out and plays to his players strengths, unlike Gase. I do not want EB only due to the fact that he has the title, Reid calls the plays and is the OC. I think more outside the box thinking needs to go into the next coaching staff hiring and our owners need to stay out of this and let Douglas do his job.

Fair enough, the same question around Kubiak/Denison "just how much of the OC is he, really?"

Of course I'd just as soon the owners keep meddling 😈

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

LOL Flores is a fantastic coach. I want him out of the division, ASAP

Fantastic HC? The guy is 9-14 with a .391 win%. He was never a OC or DC, more special teams and positions coach on defense. He has made some very questionable calls and moves. Like I said I hope Gase and Flores sign 4 year deals tomorrow. Plus we are 3-0 vs Flores and most likely 4-0. Like I said after this year he will be on the hot seat and next year with another bad record he will probably be fired at the end of the season. I’m hoping for a new 4 year deal though.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

12 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Fantastic HC? The guy is 9-14 with a .391 win%. He was never a OC or DC, more special teams and positions coach on defense. He has made some very questionable calls and moves. Like I said I hope Gase and Flores sign 4 year deals tomorrow. Plus we are 3-0 vs Flores and most likely 4-0. Like I said after this year he will be on the hot seat and next year with another bad record he will probably be fired at the end of the season. I’m hoping for a new 4 year deal though.

He took over a team from Gase that was an absolute train wreck. That team last year had zero talent and shouldn’t have won more than 2 games. They knocked off a team in week 17 that was fighting for the 1 seed. You using his current record but not understanding the body of work going into the rebuild is weird. 

They have drafted and developed well and still have quite a bit of ammo coming up in this draft. They currently have a winning record in his second year and again, I don’t think that team is that talented. I would have to believe that you’re in the minority in thinking he’s not a good head coach. 

If him going to Tua is the “questionable call,” that’s fair. However, that was a move for future and letting the team develop instead of using Fitzpatrick as a QB to build around. 

Marv Levy, John Harbaugh, Dick Vermeil, Ditka , etc came from special teams backgrounds. That means nothing. 

Yes, a fantastic HC.

I'd rather see him out of here. Won't happen, though, unfortunately. He has that team looking better every day.

Oh and the dolphins defense leads the league in points against at 18.6 ppg 

Last year they were last in the NFL. Coaching / developing may have something to do with that.