Completely out coached again.

jamiezzz

Just now, MPT said:

Because that's our strength and they were missing their CB1. And because Belichick was often selling out to stop the run because he knows that our coaching staff would take such a simplistic approach to the gamelan.

And that gameplan won the game, did it not?

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

Sure, with a little help from a last second turnover. Go ahead and tell me that was part of the plan.

Yes, turnovers are part of the game. Teams do expect to get turnovers, yes. Are you really going to start the "well if it wasnt for that play, we wouldn't have won!" BS? 

Well if Josh wouldn't have thrown that one pick, we would have been up by six there, not three. I can play that game too. I can pick out random plays and say that if that play didn't happen, the outcome would have been different. 

I said it earlier in this thread - Welcome to the NFL, where 61% of games are won by one possession or less, and 28% are won by three points or less. The overwhelming majority of games in the NFL come down to the last drive, where one team makes a play. Today, it was our team that made that play.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MPT said:

Because that's our strength and they were missing their CB1. And because Belichick was often selling out to stop the run because he knows that our coaching staff would take such a simplistic approach to the gameplan.

Which series exactly are you referring to where our conservative run approach hurt us? 

1st series: TD

2nd series: Josh overthrows Davis on 2nd down and then misses Moss short. Punt.

3rd series: Josh loses yards in the "sack" running OB then misses to Diggs who was covered and short of the first down anyway. Punt.

4th series: INT

Second Half

1st series: TD

2nd series: Josh misses Diggs open on 2nd down and then bails on the pocket and runs OB short on 3rd and long. Punt.

3rd series: TD

4th series: FG. three of the four plays prior to the FG were passes including the drop in the EZ by Davis.

Sure seems like our non scoring drives ended because we didn't execute in the passing game. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Coaching is not always fully measured in wins and losses, though.

In 2017, the Bills traded away a bunch of star players. Watkins. Darby. Dareus. I remember most people on this board, and even in the media, say that the Bills were "tanking." McDermott took that talent-deficient roster, with Tyrod Taylor at QB, to our first playoff appearance in 17 years.

In 2018, the Bills had quite possibly the worst roster in football as they continued to shed contracts. Their top receiver was an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE. McDermott some how, some way, got 6 wins out of a team that had no business winning more than 3 from a talent perspective.

In 2019, we started to see the fruits of the rebuild. Another playoff appearance and a 10-win season. 

The point is, was his record "setting the league on fire" as you stated? No, but I would argue that McDermott, in his first three years, did more with less (from a talent perspective) than arguably any coach in the NFL. He's now 6-2 this year. Overall record is 31-25. Winning record, with 2 of his 3.5 seasons played with severely talent-deficient rosters.

Get outta here with all that truth! We don't want none!

LOL

I mean the plan on offense was to run the ball on a very poor run defense and it worked, Josh only had 18 attempts and should of had a touchdown to Davis. So to be fair the offense did get what they wanted for the most part. I feel if the defense started pressing up on receivers we may get more tipped passes and deflections in the secondary. For the life of me watching Trey play 5 or 6 yards off the Pats receivers today was quite frustrating. I can see that against a good recieving core but the one we played today was far from that. Giving free releases to them all day made for some easy throws to a QB who has been flat out bad the last few weeks.

6 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

We’re completely outcoached weekly.  It’s absolutely disgusting.  Best talent in AFC East,  but still can’t play good ball.  Time for a coaching change.

Please tell me who doesn't get out coached by Bill Belichik.  We are beat up and playing against the greatest coach of all time.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes, a lot of them were.  Have a look at the score prediction thread and don't just read the scores, read the comments.

Do not read the comments.  There are a ton of drunk and dumb people posting that we lost even though the Bills won.  Lots of confusion

3 hours ago, FLFan said:

I am on record in this thread as saying that the  premise of the OP is perhaps the dumbest thing I have heard all day.  The Bills were not out coached today.  They won the game.  They anticipated what  NE  was planning to do and had an appropriate  game plan.  They were ready for the completely idiotic onside kick. They dared Cam Newton to beat them and he could not.    This does not mean they are not subject to some criticism. We do not live in a black and white world. I hope this helps clarify things for you.  

the pats are hot trash though.    The plan was to get bailed out by a last second turnover 

that’s a reach.   

7 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

We’re completely outcoached weekly.  It’s absolutely disgusting.  Best talent in AFC East,  but still can’t play good ball.  Time for a coaching change.

7 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

Coaching is the difference.  .... and our coach is not head coach material.  

I wonder if OP has anything to add to the conversation.  As  best as I can tell these are OP's only two comments. 

I don't think it's coaching, I think it's predominantly execution. 

You can dial up the perfect game plan and it means nothing if it's not executed properly. 

There's a whole lot of very bad execution to go around in every phase of the game. 

Allen and the offense have disappeared this whole quarter of the season. 

The defense has been missing the whole year. 

Special teams and the kicking game have had some pretty piss poor weeks. 

Sloppy play, missed assignments, and general lack of execution compared to earlier in the year is what it seems to me. 

I'm glad to get the win and the monkey off the back, but I'm far from thrilled with today's game. 

This is the worst Patriots team in 20 years and to have to pull out a last second miracle to win is disheartening to say the least. It's highly likely without the FF the game goes to OT and likely...worse. 

3 hours ago, MPT said:

Because that's our strength and they were missing their CB1. And because Belichick was often selling out to stop the run because he knows that our coaching staff would take such a simplistic approach to the gameplan.

He knew it all, I guess, and still failed to stop it?

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

the pats are hot trash though.    The plan was to get bailed out by a last second turnover 

that’s a reach.   

The plan was to have more points than the other team when the clock read zero. Mission accomplished.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not really.  We won, but not because of implementing an effective game plan.

Did you get a chance to watch the game?

Did you??😳

Rhetorical question as it’s obvious you didn’t. No problem, I’ll fill you in -just cuz I’m a nice guy. The Bills gameplan all week (ask anybody who actually follows the team) had been to turn loose a rushing attack which had been quiet to date. Result: 190 yards rushing. By Wednesday, both teams knew November weather would dictate running the ball more and neither QB threw for 190 yards. Both QBs would likely figure prominently in the run game as well. They did. All week long, the Bills -to a man- said this would be a real battle -especially given how the perennial Division Champs were in a rare funk where another Division/Conference loss would likely doom them for the season. They were right on all these effective game plan measures. Then there’s ‘the OTHER ASPECT’. Josh Allen, with barely 2 full seasons of starting would probably have the outcome be on his shoulders late in the game. Already having posted eye-popping metrics with ‘game on the line production’, this is exactly what came to be. He looked to improve on his impressive 4th Quarter wins. He did. It’s now 10.

I readily admit to enjoy helping uniformed posters with facts and insights I believe they should already know. But I don’t like you enough to continue this. You make it routinely obvious you prefer instead to drop witless turd bombs and run.

Don’t know for sure, but you may want to step away (leave?) for a while and rethink why you’re here. You’re obviously not happy with this decision.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2