Completely out coached again.

jamiezzz

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Wow we recovered an onside kick.  McD Coach of the Year!!!!!!😜

We get it the Bills won & I'm happy with a 6-2 record.  Not happy how they've got there.

If you were a Seahawks fan would you be happy how they got there? 

18 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

Coaching is the difference.  .... and our coach is not head coach material.  

McDermott is 25-23 with 2 playoff appearances in first 3 seasons as a HC

Belicheck is 20-28 with 0 playoffs in first 3 seasons as a HC

Give it a minute.

19 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Honestly take a look at the two Rosters and tell me that.  Give credit where credit is due.  Belichik squeezes a stone a blood comes out.  Part of coaching is what you get out of your players.

I'm not saying McDermott did a bad job, Belichik is just the GOAT.

Yet made multiple head-scratching decisions yesterday that likely cost them the game.

20 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

We’re completely outcoached weekly.  It’s absolutely disgusting.  Best talent in AFC East,  but still can’t play good ball.  Time for a coaching change.

Jamiezzz - 

I think your assertion would work better if you had a list of items to support your idea. 

Examples needed  - were you unhappy with McDermott not taking timeouts at the end? McDermott not going for 2 to make it a 2-score game (although if he doesn't make it New England wins the game), continuing to play AJ Klein for some reason. 

The 2020 Bills look like the 2019 Bills to me. They can beat bad teams and will struggle with good teams. They make the Playoffs and go out in the first round. 

19 hours ago, flmike said:

Things to remember:

The Bills are still rebuilding. The OL is finally "stabilized" but not yet dominating. The DL took an opt-out and retirement hit and guys haven't stepped up. The LB corps is mostly playing very banged up with no good depth (part of rebuilding). Josh started his career in Year -1 due to lack of experience and training. He is really a 2nd year player this year, I think. We need some more DBs, that's for sure. So, we are not the Chiefs at this point. Enjoy winning. I know it has been a while. 

Josh Allen has started 35 games now. 

This is who he is. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Jamiezzz - 

I think your assertion would work better if you had a list of items to support your idea. 

Examples needed  - were you unhappy with McDermott not taking timeouts at the end? McDermott not going for 2 to make it a 2-score game (although if he doesn't make it New England wins the game), continuing to play AJ Klein for some reason. 

The 2020 Bills look like the 2019 Bills to me. They can beat bad teams and will struggle with good teams. They make the Playoffs and go out in the first round. 

Josh Allen has started 35 games now. 

This is who he is. 

I think he still has more ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

If you were a Seahawks fan would you be happy how they got there? 

I'd be thrilled that the Offense has not slowed down one bit all season.

I'd be however very concerned about the Defense, that has been a hot mess since day 1.  

There is a difference vs. the Bills #3 ranked 2019 defense being lousy and somehow the Offense that was top 4 weeks 1-4, nowq is regressing.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'd be however very concerned about the Defense, that has been a hot mess since day 1.  

There is a difference vs. the Bills #3 ranked 2019 defense being lousy and somehow the Offense that was top 4 weeks 1-4, nowq is regressing.

I'd think, I have Russell Wilson and DK Metcalf. 

I'm never out of a game because I have the best offense in the league. 

20 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

We’re completely outcoached weekly.  It’s absolutely disgusting.  Best talent in AFC East,  but still can’t play good ball.  Time for a coaching change.

Pretty tough to go 6-2 while being completely outcoached every week.  

The best talent in the AFC East is 4-0 in the AFC East.  Imagine how good that record would be if the Bills had good coaching.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, McBean said:

Reality will sit in on McClappy whenever the Bills get blown out the next 2 weeks.

The guy has feasted on crap teams his entire career and exposed when he faced anybody worth a crap.

This team isn’t going anywhere LONG TERM until you fix the top.

Even if this is true, the Bills are married to Allen. 

So regardless of if McDermott is a great Coach, the FO has done enough to help Allen and this offense score points. 

It comes down to their selection of Allen. Is he going to turn the corner and become a Top 10ish QB?

18 minutes ago, flmike said:

I think he still has more ceiling. 

Honestly, I think we have not only seen Josh's ceiling, we've seen what he looks like playing above his ceiling (for large portions of Games 1-4).

The issue isn't how high his ceiling is.  The question is how frequently and reliably he can play near it.

When Straight Hucklebuck writes "This is who he is," I assumed he meant the inconsistency of his game.

I think that is who he is.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Even if this is true, the Bills are married to Allen. 

So regardless of if McDermott is a great Coach, the FO has done enough to help Allen and this offense score points. 

It comes down to their selection of Allen. Is he going to turn the corner and become a Top 10ish QB?

IMO, not under McClappy.

This seems to me as the same situation that Jared Goff was in with Jeff Fisher. Grant it, Goff still isn’t very good but he couldn’t throw the ball 5 yards under Fisher.

If the Pegulas’s were smart they would fire McDermott (like brass balls Jon Robinson did with Mularkey) and elevate Daboll or go after a bright offensive mind like Joe Brady.

It would work wonders for Allen. Unfortunately, McDermott is hiding behind his cupcake win loss record against crap teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Honestly, I think we have not only seen Josh's ceiling, we've seen what he looks like playing above his ceiling (for large portions of Games 1-4).

The issue isn't how high his ceiling is.  The question is how frequently and reliably he can play near it.

When Straight Hucklebuck writes "This is who he is," I assumed he meant the inconsistency of his game.

That's right.

After 2019, I don't want to hear about Wyoming anymore, or not enough weapons, or him being raw. 

He's had the same HC and OC for 3 years straight and the FO has made an effort to get him skill position players. 

He's started 35 games now. 

You're 2.5 years in now, so I think it's reasonable to think Allen is closer to his ceiling, than his floor. 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What I am getting at is the difference in perception.  The teams are similar.  Both have struggled to some mediocre teams.  Both have lost at least one game to a good team.

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And I'd put the Bills right there too, but McD still seems to not understand that and has not adapted since week 4.  Now it is vanilla offense, a lot of underneath and allowing the other team to dictate the play. 

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And I disagree....  We finally saw a peak as to what it can be and again McD has not helped the past 4 games.  18 passes yesterday in perfectly okay weather.  They tried all of one long pass (and that was too at the wrong time).