Completely out coached again.

jamiezzz

1 hour ago, MJS said:

What specifically was bad about the coaching? I don't get it...

McDermott trying that stupid onside kick.  Oh wait that was Belichick.  I think the OP meant to post this on the Patriots message board & is too drunk to know the difference.

5 minutes ago, MPT said:

We didn't have any significant scratches except John Brown. The Patriots were missing about 20% of their players. This was a blowout on paper. The only reason we almost lost is because we got out-coached again.

Brown played. I guess you missed his catch.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

More negative threads when the Bills win then when they lose, I understand for allot of people in the drought years winning was a word you didn't hear much, but anytime you can beat a team who has owned you for years and years, it feels good. Analyze everything you want but at the end of the day we won! 

They didn't cover. The angry fans are the ones who lost $. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Nothing is going to change and I've been warning folks what to expect in the coming weeks.

In fact looking at the last eight games we are only likely going to be favored in the Chargers one, possibly Denver as well.

Still think this team is going to completely fall apart though and finish 7-9 or 8-8 at very best.

You should call Sean up, and let him in on all of your knowledge,  Hell he will likely hire you on the spot to run the whole Shabang....wouldn’t that be cool.. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jamiezzz said:

We’re completely outcoached weekly.  It’s absolutely disgusting.  Best talent in AFC East,  but still can’t play good ball.  Time for a coaching change.

LOL this plays much better...when we lose.

Item: Pundits told us this week "the Pats can run and stop the run.  The Bills can do neither".

Response: We gained more rush yards than the Pats, albeit not by much.  We held them to fewer rush yards than we gained

Item: the Pats are noted for forced fumbles, especially in crap weather

Response: We had no fumbles.  We forced one fumble.

Item: We were told the bills can't play ball control offense

Response: TOP almost dead heat

I'm happy with the Dub

You do you. 

PS the guys may have a point here.  what happened, you bet the spread and lose?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MPT said:

We didn't have any significant scratches except John Brown. The Patriots were missing about 20% of their players. This was a blowout on paper. The only reason we almost lost is because we got out-coached again.

it wasn’t a blow out on paper, the spread was 4 points. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You should call Sean up, and let him in on all of your knowledge,  Hell he will likely hire you on the spot to run the whole Shabang....wouldn’t that be cool.. 

Go Bills!!!

I put him on ignore and I am a happier person for it.  I need to adjust the Settings so I do not have to be exposed to his “ high football IQ” even on replies.  

14 minutes ago, MPT said:

Yeah you're one of the guys who thought we were going to the super bowl in 2008. The record doesn't matter as much as the quality of play when it comes down to the wire.

You would be wrong, but that’s okay, no one with any sense thought that, and no one with any sense truly believes in their heart of hearts we will win it all this year either. All I want is the AFCE title and with some luck, a playoff win, if we get that I’ll be happy, after almost two decades of the bills being a complete and utter scsh-t show, this is a god send. So my fellow fan, cheer TFU and enjoy the wins when they come. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I have seen some clueless posts today but the OP takes the lead thus far on clueless post of the day.  What’s even worse, he felt compelled to post this gem while the game was still going on, against the rules I believe.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I put him on ignore and I am a happier person for it.  I need to adjust the Settings so I do not have to be exposed to his “ high football IQ” even on replies.  

Yup, he is a piece of work isn’t he... 😂

55 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Coaching can only go so far. Throughout the day I thought they called a decent game, but that only goes so far when your players aren't executing. The DL had some good moments in the first half but got shoved around in the second. They're trying all sorts of different combinations with the DL so I can't say that's bad coaching, they're attempting to find a formula that works. They miss Star and don't really have a natural 1-tech DT, Oliver is way better at 3T and so is Phillips. They're trying to make it work with what they got.

Offensively, this has been a team that dials up 40+ throws a game. Today, Singletary and Moss were clicking to the tune of 6.1 YPC for 26 and 5.8 for 20. And Josh threw it 18 times. So to me, that shows decent coaching as it would've been easy for Daboll to say, "Yeah, we've run it alright but we're a passing team, lemme dial up a buncha throws cause that's our identity, darn it!" But they didn't, they kept running and they did it well. Gabe Davis also dropped a touchdown, you want me to go chew out Chad Hall for that?

I understand some people are frustrated, I am as well, the game shouldn't have been that close. But what's the alternative? Fire the coaching staff and start all over again? That's the thing I don't understand about the knee-jerk reactions. People want change but they don't know what the alternative would be. From my perspective, they're trying, they're tinkering with the DL lineup and I'm sure Beane is on the horn and has his eyes on the trade deadline this week. They're not complacent, they're always trying to work and improve. This season is odd, no one had a pre-season to better evaluate things so teams have been forced to figure things out as the regular season has played out. But some of the comments I see sometimes are just wild, yeah, let's dump the staff that's turned the team around and taken them to the playoffs in two outta three seasons. 🙄

I don’t know how many times I’ve heard, “it’s about the players not coaching”.

I do understand the players need to execute. But the bills were by far the superior team today, especially with Gilmore and Edelman out.

They coached scared. BB dictated what he wanted to do, and the bills played too that. 

I am not saying fire MCD as I’m not calling for his head.

But I don’t think he’s going to be the coach to take us over the edge.

17 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I’ve only used that once, but man some of these so called fans just aren’t happy unless they are miserable... I’ve been wondering about going on an ignore spree to improve the content of the board. 

The NFL is elite. All theses dude spend all day everyday working on the next opponent.   The margin between these organizations is small. 

There are so many that don’t understand what they are watching and refuse to try and educate themselves and just want to grouse about everything. It takes away from the real fans around here that enjoy the game, love the team and appreciate that they are finally moving in a better direction. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve only used that once, but man some of these so called fans just aren’t happy unless they are miserable... I’ve been wondering about going on an ignore spree to improve the content of the board. 

The NFL is elite. All theses dude spend all day everyday working on the next opponent.   

There are so many that don’t understand what they are watching and refuse to try and educate themselves and just want to grouse about everything. It takes away from the real fans around here that enjoy the game, love the team and appreciate that they are finally moving in a better direction. 

I could not agree more with your sentiments.  The largely pointless negativity around here this afternoon is just depressing.  What happened to enjoying a hard fought win over a long time nemesis?  Personally, I intend to enjoy the ride.  That’s the whole point to me.  

I have used ignore sparingly over the years but the poster in question is just a pointless troll and I refuse to even be exposed to his nonsense.  Many of the others are just know nothings, who while annoying, do not tick me off as much as the troll types.  After today, I will be looking at several others for the list though.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Brown played. I guess you missed his catch.

My bad. I thought he was inactive again. I guess his one catch means we did a great job getting our receivers the ball.

42 minutes ago, MPT said:

umm, Morse went down on the 3 rd plat. Hyde was out. Edmunds is still hurt, but playing. Milano is still on a pitch count. Norman is out. Knox is out. Ford is out. That’s significant. 

• Like (+1) 1