Gameday Thread PreGame Bills @ Titans

Chandler#81

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I feel the same way.  Something tells me the Bills will come out flat tonight.  God I hope I’m wrong....

Yup.  Too many fans, media, etc.. have pounded on the Titans and inferred that they won't be ready to play and will be missing too many guys.  Some of that stuff seeps into Bills players ears.

When the game kicks off, it will look like any other game, and Tenn will be hungry.  Their key players will be there.  I'll be disappointed if the Bills lose, but I don't expect them to jump out to a 7-0, 14-0 lead every week either.  At some point they will be chasing from behind early.  We'll see.

6 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I feel the same way.  Something tells me the Bills will come out flat tonight.  God I hope I’m wrong....

Coming out flat is ok, provided they pick it up in the end. They've been doing the opposite all year. I'm not worried about being down in the 4th.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm not feeling good about this game, I'm really not.

Please somebody help?  Please talk me off the ledge?

Thank you in advance.

Snap out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know.  I am actually a little embarrassed, MJS, but I can't help it.  

Even if the Bills lose they are still in a good spot. They aren't going to win 16 games this season. They will lose a game. And if they do tonight, it doesn't mean the season won't be great.

So enjoy the ride, the ups and the downs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dubs said:

the line opened at -8??  Wow. Titans as 3.5 point favorites sounds about right. 

Line opened Bills -8. Now Bills -3.5. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Never saw a -8 line, it was off the board until just recently and opened at -3.5

According to this site, it opened at 6.5. I know I saw 8 on another. 

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

By the time 7pm kickoff happens, the Bills have basically had 9 days rest (assuming they don't kill each other in practice).  Anyway, I'm expecting a solid game... all the nicks and bruises from Vegas should have healed up a bit.

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you in advance.

I've felt like this for the past 2 games... Just have to get used to us being good.  When you think about the players (opposing team X) have, remember we have a potentially elite QB, good OL, stud RB and one of the best WR rooms in the NFL.  Not to mention good coaching and a defense, that on paper, should be better than exactly league average.  

• Like (+1) 1

It's been mentioned a lot already, but if we can get an early lead and force Tannehill to throw more aggressively than he would like, I think we can get the edge.

Force him to throw a lot; I think it's a key to the game.

I think the defense scores and the Bills win big.  Years past this would be the let down.  I dont think thats the case with this team and Qb.  They seem focused on making names for themselves.  First primetime game this Bills team is for real.

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yup.  Too many fans, media, etc.. have pounded on the Titans and inferred that they won't be ready to play and will be missing too many guys.  Some of that stuff seeps into Bills players ears.

When the game kicks off, it will look like any other game, and Tenn will be hungry.  Their key players will be there.  I'll be disappointed if the Bills lose, but I don't expect them to jump out to a 7-0, 14-0 lead every week either.  At some point they will be chasing from behind early.  We'll see.

The bills have control over how much this affects the game. Stay disciplined and execute early, the emotional crap the titans are harboring will eventually fizzle. If they can’t do that, that’s on them. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you in advance.

Sorry.   I'm probably worse than you.

It's a classic trap game, IMO.    I expect a meteor shower or swam of locusts to upset the "feel good" apple cart we've been experiencing...

image.jpeg.fea15963b5810a0e214566c335ea89a6.jpeg

Edited by Lurker
  • Haha (+1) 3

Really hoping this team is pissed off at what the Covid Titans have put them through in regards to their schedule and health.  I just want us to go in there and put them down hard and fast and take out every frustration we have on them.  I just want to completely bury them.  Something like 40-10. 

Not sure it will happen, but I hope this team is amped up to make it happen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Can the Bills lose? Of course...it's the NFL, the ultimate 'week to week' league. But for those worried about a loss or having 'a bad feeling', relax. If the Bills play up to their abilities, especially on offense, they win this contest. If not, they deserve to lose. Look at Tennessee to date. They are 3-0 against teams with a combined 3-9 record:

Week 1 (A): Beat the Broncos, 16-14, with a FG in the waning seconds of the game (0:17). Yes, Stephen Gostkowski was 0-3 prior to that so it shouldn't have been quite that close, but still. Denver is currently 1-3.

Week 2 (H): Beat the Jaguars, 33-30, after making a FG with 1:36 to go...this after allowing the Jags to score two 4th quarter TDs to tie the game. Jacksonville is currently 1-3.

Week 3 (A): Beat the Vikings, 31-30, after making a FG with 1:44 to go and trailing for much of the game. Minnesota is currently 1-3 and, arguably, the only decent opponent Tennessee has faced.

This is not the same team that made the AFC Championship Game last year...at least not yet. They have been brutal on D. If they let the Jags and Vikes both hang 30 on them even with Derrick Henry to 'control the clock', the Bills can, too. If the Bills lose, it's because they either come out flat due to all of the changes/distractions (don't think McDermott will let that happen) or they beat themselves. Given everything leading up to this game, and the players the Titans will be missing, Buffalo should win, IMO. They are road favorites against an unbeaten team for a reason.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

man....I got to go get a cap put on....I'll have to ask my dentist if I can drink tonight as the novocaine wears off, and then when he says "sure a beer is fine" I'll have to say "tonight it won't be A beer..." and I'm gonna look like an alcoholic.

I need a good non judgmental, alcoholic dentist.

Maybe one that wears a tuxedo.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1