Gameday Thread PreGame Bills @ Titans

Chandler#81

Crazy things happen in the NFL every week. No doubt the Bills “should” win this game but... the Titans are well coached, very disciplined and they know who they are as a team. This is the type of game the great teams from the 90’s would lose because a lot of those players would lose focus with this kind of schedule delay. Some players back then would stay out and party and just assume their superior talent would get them through. It always seemed like there was a game or two each season where they would just get whacked (Chiefs, Bears, & Dolphins games come to mind) when no one really saw it coming. 
Again, to me that was a lack of team discipline. 
so far my impression of the 2020 Buffalo Bills is one that says the players are united as a reflection of their Coach and they want to win together and for each other. They seem to genuinely love one another and no one wants to let the TEAM down. 
We will see tonight how strong that bond is.

if they come out with missed assignments, stupid penalties, bad turnovers, and frustrated body language we’ll know they haven’t fully matured yet as team. However, as a previous contributor to this thread has already said... 4-1 is still a great record. If that translates to a 12-4 season... not one of us is gonna be disappointed with that. 
of course, both teams could play really well tonight and the Titans come out with the dub because they played a little better. Who knows... 
it simply comes down to this...
After all the distractions... can they make this a successful business trip and close the deal?

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Any given Sunday. They have great skill players, but thankfully missing some tonight. Hopefully Tannehill doesn't get hot, either. I don't think he's ever played too well against Buffalo.

Good thing today is Tuesday ;)

Bills win! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just have a really bad feeling about it. I think Tennessee and the Bills are well matched I expect another really tight game and the last 3 times we have just edged them out. One of these times the ball is gonna bounce their way. 27-26 Titans. 

Obviously I hope my gut is wrong. 

I hear you. I guess I see it differently in that this Bills team is so more adept at scoring than in years past. I trust them for 17-21 points in the first half, much less of a third quarter lull and all will be well!

The best thing for me personally, for the first time in my Bills fandom, is that if I’m entertained, all is well. I want them to win but still rest easy if they don’t. New place for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tuel Time said:

They have their QB, RB, and Oline intact? Then this will be a tough game.

IDK why people always look past the Titans. They've beat the Chiefs, the Ravens, and just about everyone else the last couple years.

Last couple years hahahahaha....

Has to be rough mentally on the Bills--- will they play, or not, concern about safety. Also, I don't know who the two CB's are, if White is out. Milano is out, OL is banged up, Brown a question. Titans taking players off the covid-list. 

I still think this game should have been cancelled, for health concerns.

Really think its going to be the tale of two halves.

While everyone thinks its close in the first half and we pull away due to conditioning in the second, I think its going to be the other way around. I think per usual this season we are going to come out of the gates hot and go up 10-0 or 14-0 quick. TN really hasn't practiced and likely will have to work out a few kinks. They will likely try to establish a run game early, which like last week, I think we sellout to stop. The second half concerns me though. With Tre likely out and Milano definitely out I think Tennessee will make the adjustments and start attacking us with their tight ends over the middle of the field or swing RB out to the flat and dare our CBs and LBs to make a play. 

Ultimately, I think the Bills pull it out late due to the experience of playing in tight games and the conditioning ultimately being a factor, but it is not going to be a blowout.

Edited by ytownblofan

I billieve in positive thinking. I get why many longtime Bills fans are nervous today. But I do Billieve the Bills are going to pull this one off tonight.

Yeah, the Titans are 3-0 going into tonight, but keep in mind they won those three games by a combined six points.

Titans 16 - Broncos 14 (Denver is 1-4, with their only win coming against the Jests)
Jaguars 30 - Titans 33 (Jacksonville is 1-4, losing to CIncy, Houston and the Fish)
Titans 31 - Vikings 30 (Minny is 1-4, only beating Houston)

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1