Falcons fire HC Dan Quinn and GM Thomas Dimitroff

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Arthur Blank is probably too nice of a man to be a great owner.  

An a-hole like Bob Kraft would have fired Quinn and not let Kyle Shanahan out of the building.

He waited about 2 years too long on both Mike Smith and Dan Quinn.

As systems get so much easier to implement I think head coaching changes will happen even more frequently in the NFL............it's not quite like the NHL where they take the coach's temp every day and can fire them at any time........but the automatic 3 years and multiple down years after a good year before firing thing is probably going to be a thing of the past.

A certain former Bills owner used to avoid buying out coaches contracts similarly 

Living in Atlanta I can say..............nobody I know cares or is even aware. I’ll wait at the park tomorrow to see if it comes up, but I don’t have ALL DAY!  

NOW, if UGA or Georgia Tech makes a move, THAT would be news, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

A certain former Bills owner used to avoid buying out coaches contracts similarly 

True about Ralph.   But I don't think that's the case with Blank........he has just been let down by a lot of people in that organization.

3 hours ago, unclepete said:

Matt Ryan has been surrounded by so much talent but has always underperformed. I live in ATL and have been constantly telling people that the Falcons have a QB problem

Agree to disagree. He's had talent around him on and off. 

I don't think he's the problem there at all. Their defense is most of the problem. Having said that, he's 35, and they could consider bringing in the next guy.

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Matt Ryan to SF would Make sense to me.

He is better than jimmy G.

History with Kyle shanahan. (Let’s try to forget the SB collapse)

Another possibility would be the Raiders. Mayock is a believer in Ryan, and Chucky can’t stop himself from collecting QBs.

Having said that, Carr is currently playing pretty well for them. I see no Peterman sightings in the immediate future, barring injury 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buddo said:

Another possibility would be the Raiders. Mayock is a believer in Ryan, and Chucky can’t stop himself from collecting QBs.

Having said that, Carr is currently playing pretty well for them. I see no Peterman sightings in the immediate future, barring injury 

I don't know what else they expect Carr to do to keep the job in LV. He's completing 73% of his passes, has thrown for 1,442 yds, 11 TD's, and 1 INT through 5 games. He also just led them to their 1st win against the Chiefs in Arrowhead since 2012. He's turning into Gruden's new Rich Gannon. 

12 hours ago, stuvian said:

Had the Falcons not blown that Super Bowl to the Patriots in that 4th quarter with some insane play calling then he most likely is given more time.  Owner had no choice and this was the right decision.

26 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Gase will go.  Patricia still has the right stuff imho. 

Patricia is completely inept. The dude took over a 9-7 team and has destroyed them with no signs of turning it around. He just ended an 11 game losing streak only to start another one...

His teams set records for consecutive games of losing after having double digit leads. They did it again in the Saints game turning an early 14-0 lead into another L.