Falcons fire HC Dan Quinn and GM Thomas Dimitroff

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That was my thought..........Georgia kid.........I am sure he and his family would love for him to be a Falcon.

If the Falcons are close I wouldn't be surprised to see him threaten to pull a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck and return to Clemson if he doesn't like the prospect of where he might have to go.

Maybe. But wouldn't he be passing up on 35 million dollars or somewhere close to it? I know nothing of his economic background. 

Also, if he signs with one of the New Jersey teams (a very strong possibility imo), I can't begin to imagine the amount of money he will make. Rogers and Manning make a few bucks in advertisements, no? Now I am talking about NY money, in addition to the women and the nightlife. We are talking about the next Joe Namath in terms of hype.

I'm curious.....do you think that the NFL DESPERATELY wants Trevor to play in NJ? I do and if I was betting on games I would bet accordingly. 

My guess is that he goes to the Jets but as always, JMO.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe. But wouldn't he be passing up on 35million dollars or somewhere close? I know nothing of his economic background. 

Also, if he signs with one of the New Jersey teams (a very strong possibility imo), I can't begin to imagine the amount of money he will make. Rogers and Manning make a few bucks in advertisements, no? Now I am talking about NY money, in addition to the women and the nightlife. We are talking about the next Joe Namath in terms of hype.

I'm curious.....do you think that the NFL DESPERATELY wants Trevor to play in NJ? I do and if I was betting on games I would bet accordingly. 

Haven't read the full thread so apologies if someone beat me to it. The Boston Globe c. March 2021:

Matt Ryan comes home to Boston! After One Transition Year with Cam Newton, Patriots' New QB Hopes to Restore Pats' Dynasty

The Falcons will definitely be the hottest open job. IMO, a much better ownership situation than Texans, Jets, Lions, etc.

Matt Ryan is barely standing on his last legs. But with a dead cap hit of $49M next year (and even $26M in 2022) I'm not sure how quickly the Falcons can move on from him.

I'd be happy to see Lawrence land there, and sit behind Ryan for a year. I'd be happy to see Daboll land there (if he is going to go anywhere). I'm not necessarily scared/worried about either of them, but I'd still rather see them out of the Division and even the Conference if possible.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Falcons will definitely be the hottest open job. IMO, a much better ownership situation than Texans, Jets, Lions, etc.

Except that the Texans have a very QB already to build around. Other teams on your list are going to need a long term QB (maybe not the jets)

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Except that the Texans have a very QB already to build around. Other teams on your list are going to need a long term QB (maybe not the jets)

Well that's why I specified ownership situation.

And I'd say it's about even between having Watson, and having (Ryan + Lawrence). But yes, if Falcons dont secure the #1 pick then Texans do edge out on existing roster.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Matt Ryan is barely standing on his last legs. But with a dead cap hit of $49M next year (and even $26M in 2022) I'm not sure how quickly the Falcons can move on from him.

I'd be happy to see Lawrence land there, and sit behind Ryan for a year. I'd be happy to see Daboll land there (if he is going to go anywhere). I'm not necessarily scared/worried about either of them, but I'd still rather see them out of the Division and even the Conference if possible.

The Falcons will win some games this year.

The Jets are going 1-15 or more probably, 0-16.

I see no way that Lawrence isn't a Jet next spring.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

It IS a very Falcons thing to do to squeak out a few stupid wins and take themselves out of the running. Everyone is already fully expecting that down here. :thumbsup:

I also think an Elway/Eli move is completely on the table to get himself out of going to the Jets. And I wouldnt blame him one bit.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I think the Jags may give them a run for their money. And don't rule out the Giants either ... their biggest problem is it will be hard not to get a couple wins playing other NFC East teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Have you watched Gardner Minshew play “quarterback”?  Also I think the Jags have lost like three in a row to winless teams.  They are strong competition for the top overall pick.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Have you watched Gardner Minshew play “quarterback”?  Also I think the Jags have lost like three in a row to winless teams.  They are strong competition for the top overall pick.

Well, let's put it this way: Josh Allen out (heaven forbid), we can pick up one of the following to start for us at QB the next 6 weeks:

- Minshew

- Darnold

- Flacco

- Daniel Jones

I'm going Minshew, Flacco, Darnold, Jones in that order.

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yeah, I have and my statement remains. Lawrence will be a NY Jet next spring.

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Agree to disagree. He's had talent around him on and off. 

I don't think he's the problem there at all. Their defense is most of the problem. Having said that, he's 35, and they could consider bringing in the next guy.

He's not THE problem but I see him as a Ryan Tannehill in terms of skill. Just surrounded by more talent and asked to throw a lot more. Not bad but not good enough

Let's take a look at the "Sunshine Sweepstakes"

The Falcons might get 3 wins this year. Rd. 2 with Carolina, the Lions, and possibly Denver. The rest of those games are L's. They could lose them all though.

The Giants showed some signs of life yesterday. They could possibly end up with 2 to 5 wins looking at the remainder of their schedule. They have 5 more games in a putrid division, the Bengals, and a Jekyll/Hyde Arizona team. I think they will win 3 of those games. 

The Jets are the worst team in the NFL right now. Their schedule is also the toughest remaining of all the crappy teams vying for that #1 pick. This truly looks like a winless team right now. I can't see them stealing a game from anyone. 

How the Jaguars stole that week 1 game from Indy I'll never know. They too are a team devoid of talent on the field outside of a couple players and without a competent coaching staff. The game against the Lions will determine if they get another W or not. After that it's all L's on the schedule. 

Washington snuck up on Philly in the opener, play in a terrible division, and they have a solid defense. They also have a bunch of winnable games on deck. I think they will get 4 or 5 more wins and play themselves out of the Sunshine Sweepstakes. 

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, let's put it this way: Josh Allen out (heaven forbid), we can pick up one of the following to start for us at QB the next 6 weeks:

- Minshew

- Darnold

- Flacco

- Daniel Jones

Mishew tops your list? Kyle Orton Jr, really? :nana:

Give me Darnold or Jones out of that list. We can mold them into decent backups.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Mishew tops your list? Kyle Orton Jr, really? :nana:

Give me Darnold or Jones out of that list. We can mold them into decent backups.

I'm talking hypothetically about right now. Which guy could you plug into a good team without it's star QB for 6 games and hope to go 3-3 or even 4-2.

And yep, that would be a Kyle Orton Jr. guy!

If we're talking long term, I gotcha ...

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Team Ownership means everything when HC ing jobs come up, that’s why you don’t See the best guys jumping on the jets and WFT jobs, the only reason our Bills are doing good is because the owners are doing the right thing and letting Beane and McDermott run the show. Its imperative that this happens, the last time the Bills were good is when Ralph stfu and let Polian and Levy run the show, it just is what it is... 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

- Minshew

- Darnold

- Flacco

- Daniel Jones

That’s insane.  Minshew cannot play the position.  He’s AWFUL.  I can’t believe he has a starting job.  I saw him airmail more passes in two quarters yesterday than Allen has in his entire career.  Meanwhile, Darnold and Jones can win you games, and Flacco won a Super Bowl.  Odd take.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe. But wouldn't he be passing up on 35 million dollars or somewhere close to it? I know nothing of his economic background. 

I think the family is pretty well off..........I seem to remember some clips of him in one of those suburban McMansions with his family during the elite 11 show that year.    It was focused pretty heavy on Lawrence(Peyton Manning comp) and Fields(Tyrod Taylor was his comp😊) and Matt Corral(Brett Favre was his comp).

Anyway I think after seeing what has happened to Darnold and is happening to Jones.........the situation and people running the NJ organizations will be more important than the potential advertising income because a couple losing seasons and he will be persona non grata like Darnold is.    

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think the family is pretty well off..........I seem to remember some clips of him in one of those suburban McMansions with his family during the elite 11 show that year.    It was focused pretty heavy on Lawrence(Peyton Manning comp) and Fields(Tyrod Taylor was his comp😊) and Matt Corral(Brett Favre was his comp).

Anyway I think after seeing what has happened to Darnold and is happening to Jones.........the situation and people running the NJ organizations will be more important than the potential advertising income because a couple losing seasons and he will be persona non grata like Darnold is.    

OK. In that case he might want to stay down south.  Also, NYC at this time.....let me just say that NYC has seen better days and leave it at that. 

Otoh, I am unable to imagine the Jets winning a game. One thing is certain.....this will be quite the interesting off season.