Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

A 5PM weekday game is the worst NFL game time I have ever seen. Chiefs and Bills; two 5-0 teams. A regular season ratings monster potential game. And you pick a time slot that alienates the entire west coast, mountain time zone, central time zone and even day shift workers on the east coast. What brilliant decision was this. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

A 5PM weekday game is the worst NFL game time I have ever seen. Chiefs and Bills; two 5-0 teams. A regular season ratings monster potential game. And you pick a time slot that alienates the entire west coast, mountain time zone, central time zone and even day shift workers on the east coast. What brilliant decision was this. 

Makes no sense... Patriots MNF was at 7 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Makes no sense... Patriots MNF was at 7 

C’mon ! You know how crazy Bills fans get with night games.  The NFL is just trying to keep people from hurting themselves jumping off their roofs into flaming tables. Probably Allstate, State Farm and other insurance companies are behind this. 

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, it works great for me, but that's because my work schedule is stupid. 5 pm EST is 4 pm CST, which makes it terrible for the Chiefs fans.

I can't believe the NFL would put it on this time, but not just say "screw it, the Titans brought this upon themselves"

I wonder if ESPN/Disney decided to raise a stink and protest having a rescheduled game overlapping their MNF game.

Because the game is at 5hpm on a Monday afternoon, tv ratings nationwide will be extremely low. Then they will use the numbers to not showcase the Bills in the future in primetime because they will say that they don't attract enough viewers.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

Because the game is at 5hpm on a Monday afternoon, tv ratings nationwide will be extremely low. Then they will use the numbers to not showcase the Bills in the future in primetime because they will say that they don't attract enough viewers.

You know this is nonsense, right? What makes you think the NFL and the networks' don't understand the impact air times (and other factors) have on ratings?

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I can’t agree with that. Imagine the two most popular teams in the league playing in that 5pm EDT Monday slot. Now imagine the Bills vs anyone in the prime time 8pm slot. The Bills game would blow away the earlier game in the ratings. Hell, reruns of Gilligans Island in the prime time slot would blow away a 5pm EDT football game. 

5 minutes ago, The Dean said:

You know this is nonsense, right? What makes you think the NFL and the networks' don't understand the impact air times (and other factors) have on ratings?

What makes him think that? A persecution complex, haha.

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

that's your take? Poor poor Buffalo...that gets old

30 minutes ago, Curt said:

No it won’t.  If the Bills become winners, they will get prime time games period.  Especially if Allen continues playing at an MVP level.