Allen has stopped running??? Any reason

No I don't want him to be Lamar or Kyler, but not one run this week (QB sneak for TD notwithstanding), but wondering as to the reasoning.  

Seemed there were some opportunities and certainly understand being careful after the injury, however this too was evident in the LA game too.

Just now, teef said:

the team learned how strangely important 300 yard passing games are to you, and decided to tone back the running  

Just interesting that he hasn't run at all.....  And only 288 yesterday......😡  Expect more from Allen!!!!😜

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No I don't want him to be Lamar or Kyler, but not one run this week (QB sneak for TD notwithstanding), but wondering as to the reasoning.  

Seemed there were some opportunities and certainly understand being careful after the injury, however this too was evident in the LA game too.

To enjoy a long career it's better to play from the pocket and not expose himself to open field shots,  the threat of him running and being able to is enough.  I don't want him returning to the days of 100 plus yards running and have all the bumps and injuries that go along with it.

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Because Daboll finally realized he was a complete QB

Lightbulb GIFs | Tenor

Or maybe now that Allen has improved as a passer (and mad props to him for that), Daboll doesn’t need him to run as much in order to be successful.  If Allen keeps this up 🤞Daboll is going to be a serious HC candidate this offseason.  

Edited by BarleyNY

Maybe they realized that if he gets hurt the season is over?  Or maybe they now see he can fire the ball all over the field and make all of the throws?  I anticipate when the playoffs come all plays will be open and he will run more.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 3

I believe that the run heavy plan in game 1 was very intentional.  They want teams to know Josh can run well, and run at will.  They will continue to keep enough of it on tape to affect defensive play calling.  You won't see a run heavy game again until the defense stops guarding against it.

• Like (+1) 4