Tre White agrees to contract extension

FluffHead

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is the last year of Murphy's deal. He's gone next year no matter what. Probably wont trade him. But since we have the money, might as well keep him. I agree he's a "solid" DE.

I've been saying this the past couple years when half the board has been clamoring to get rid of him.  Why?  Why get rid of him when the team is not in a salary cap crunch and he still is good enough to be a part of the defensive line rotation?  It's insanely illogical.

• Like (+1) 6

Tre PAID baby....gotta love it :-)))))  I doubt we have to worry about a payday slump from this guy either

along the same vein Bills are doing what they said they'd do...draft and retain key positional talent. YES!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Culture is huge for lots of things.

Yogurt comes to mind ;)

6 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Who’s next?  Curious how they pay Milano, then Allen, and Edmunds.

Are they going to have $40m left for Josh ;)

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why only 4 years though? Usually teams give their star players 5 or 6 year deals. And does that 4 years count the one year he already had left on his deal plus the 5th year option we picked up? Because that woukd technically only make it a 2 year extension 

smart play by Tre. Cap will go up. He would have made generation changing money with this contract but can still take advantage of rising cap on his next deal. Not too bad for the Bills too - 6 years is a long time - anything can happen - so 4vyrs better for the Bills than 5 years. overall it is a win win

37 minutes ago, Maynard said:

This is truly a steal imo. 17.5 per year, huge guarantee for Tre which is awesome! Was thinking he might get up to 20 per year . Beane done real good. 

Best part is they can restructure to save cap space in a year or 2 to sign allen. 

8 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Who’s next?  Curious how they pay Milano, then Allen, and Edmunds.

There is a two year gap between Milano and the other two because of the 5th year option. I think they can get it done.

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You’re probably right I didn’t see the “through 2025” part yet and I’ve had a few at this point so I’ll find out tomorrow. 

Spotrac has the bones laid out for the contract.  It shows the years but not the yearly/bonus breakdown.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tredavious-white-21768/

Also for the sake of accuracy Spotrac shows contract is $69 million.