Tre White agrees to contract extension

FluffHead

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Why only 4 years though? Usually teams give their star players 5 or 6 year deals. And does that 4 years count the one year he already had left on his deal plus the 5th year option we picked up? Because that woukd technically only make it a 2 year extension 

This is an extension so the next 2 years stay the same.   So he is here 6 more years

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, CircleTheWagonsNC said:

Brandon Beane deserves an extension!!

Wasn’t there a thread on that... 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s a team friendly deal on  the overall money but the guaranteed is high..

Stay healthy Tre..

The Pegulas invested a lot of money into world class facilities to help in that regard.  Plus don't we also no longer have the strength and conditioning guy who was in charge during all those injury-riddled years?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

The Pegulas invested a lot of money into world class facilities to help in that regard.  Plus don't we also no longer have the strength and conditioning guy who was in charge during all those injury-riddled years?

Right great facilities, great training staff, and great and stable coaching can do wonders for bringing and retaining talent.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What a GREAT deal for the Bills!! We have a star and paid him as such but below what he should have gotten. Love this!!!

I don’t follow this as closely as some others do, but I was expecting a bigger total number. I love this, and as @Inigo Montoya posted, Beane needs to get his extension soon. He’s proven he’s worth every penny. I feel like we have a solid organization for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME. 

• Like (+1) 2

Good deal all around! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This is just a fantastic deal.  The value, knowing what others are going to get, very soon, is amazing.

I'm very curious to know the logic behind both sides of this deal, as I agree it's surprising to see a deal after only 3 years.  

Tre - Get the guaranteed money now, before a possible cap reduction next year and have another shot at FA?  If he waited until next year, assuming the cap doesn't drop, he could have probably gotten 2-3 more a year and more guaranteed.  Also, does he know the big plan and is trying to help the team sign everyone?  Milano this year, other guys next year, etc...

Bills - Why pay him this year when they still have Milano to lock up, if he's even in the plans?  They won't franchise Milano next year have no leverage to retain him.  Does the money of this deal actually free more money up?  I'm curious to know how this structure affects the big plan.

Side note, how is Murphy still on the team and I guess that puts an end to the dream of Clowney on a one year deal

• Like (+1) 2