Tre White agrees to contract extension

FluffHead

Team friendly deals happen when you create a amazing culture where players want to continue playing.

I believe players are now wanting to stay in B-Lo, so they can see this thing (winning) through. That is what happens when they get high character football players that just want to play to win. Not for the paycheck.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll "duck and cover" after this question:

People still think that Milano will ask for 14 million per?

Milano will take his cue from Tre and get a fair deal for both sides.

If Tre wanted to he could of held out for a lot more $s and asked for the 5th year option to be dropped.

I cant see it either. Not after the team friendly deals that both Dawkins and White have signed. If the LT and #1CB arent holding out for max deals, Milano isnt getting one. Although he's free to go after his max value somewhere else if he sees fit. Good luck to him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Side note, how is Murphy still on the team and I guess that puts an end to the dream of Clowney on a one year deal

I think Murphy is a solid NFL DE and if we have the cap space to keep him this year we should.  If we release Murphy he is on another team's roster in less that 24 hours.  Beane can always move him later for picks or a player or release him next year to free up space for a Milano deal.  I didn't expect Tre, Dawkins, and Milano to all get extended this year.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think Murphy is a solid NFL DE and if we have the cap space to keep him this year we should.  If we release Murphy he is on another team's roster in less that 24 hours.  Beane can always move him later for picks or a player or release him next year to free up space for a Milano deal.  I didn't expect Tre, Dawkins, and Milano to all get extended this year.  

This is the last year of Murphy's deal. He's gone next year no matter what. Probably wont trade him. But since we have the money, might as well keep him. I agree he's a "solid" DE.

• Thank you (+1) 1

They didn't make arguably their best player beg. That is the sign of a good organization. They are rewarding their own. It encourages other players when they do that too. We have competent leadership and an  ownership that'll write checks. It's encouraging

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is the last year of Murphy's deal. He's gone next year no matter what. Probably wont trade him. But since we have the money, might as well keep him. I agree he's a "solid" DE.

Didn't know it was Murphy's last year.  Thanks for the info.

56 minutes ago, Chemical said:

they probably put some money into this upcoming season similar to Dawkins’ extension 

That's my thoughts as well.

Beane is managing this cap for the long haul and so that he doesn't have to bust up the team when they have to do Josh Allen's contract.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The team is trying to win the Super Bowl this year, we are a better team with him than without him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I cant see it either. Not after the team friendly deals that both Dawkins and White have signed. If the LT and #1CB arent holding out for max deals, Milano isnt getting one. Although he's free to go after his max value somewhere else if he sees fit. Good luck to him.

The players and OBD seem to have a good thing going.

The thing with Milano is if he stays he knows he fits in and will likely make it thru his total contract.

If he moves it down the road for a little more $s in the contract he better make sure it's a fit and he stays with the new team for the whole contract.

I still believe that McDermott's D fits him very well.  He might not get that somewhere else.

Tre getting the deal done now helps answer all these future questions so much!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

The players and OBD seem to have a good thing going.

The thing with Milano is if he stays he knows he fits in and will likely make it thru his total contract.

If he moves it down the road for a little more $s in the contract he better make sure it's a fit and he stays with the new team for the whole contract.

I still believe that McDermott's D fits him very well.  He might not get that somewhere else.

Tre getting the deal done now helps answer all these future questions so much!

After 2021-22 season Hughes, Poyer, Hyde, Brown , Beasley, Kroft, Addison.... likely gone, a lot of money will be freed up.

If they want to sign Milano, they'll probably be able to without issue.

38 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll "duck and cover" after this question:

People still think that Milano will ask for 14 million per?

Milano will take his cue from Tre and get a fair deal for both sides.

If Tre wanted to he could of held out for a lot more $s and asked for the 5th year option to be dropped.

I think the Bills will try to re up with Milano but most likely won't put the full court press on him.   I'd be shocked if they pay him $14 m per year.  I'm thinking they will offer him a 4 year $40 million contract with $30M or so guaranteed.    Milano is the kind of player they want, he fits the defense perfectly.  But, there is only so much money to go around with a team full of up and coming stars.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Team friendly deals happen when you create a amazing culture where players want to continue playing.

I've been told that "culture" is this mythological buzz word that only exists once you become a champion.

or something like that.

• Thank you (+1) 1