Housch$$ released

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Bass needs to work on becoming a little more consistent, but the Bills had to go with him because of his big leg.  A few decades ago, Buffalo drafted a promising place kicker.  He had a terrible training camp and the Bills got rid of him.  Gary Anderson went on to have a Hall of Fame career.  I'm glad the Bills took a chance on the kid.

They got rid of him because he deliberately shanked every kick.  He purposely missed 5 field goal attempts for the Bills so he could get cut and picked up by Steelers, who had initially said they were going to draft him.  Do you think he would have better if they kept him on roster?

I was laughing in 1998 NFC Championship Game where he missed 38-yard field goal.  It is considered by NFL.com to be one of the greatest plays in playoff history and only one for opposition.

I'm relieved the Bills won't be releasing another promising rookie.

Recently, they let Dustin Hopkins go, and he's proven to be a good kicker for Washington.

Last year, they let Chase McLaughlin go, and he's proven to be pretty decent, as well.

I'm thankful for Hauschka's contributions. I'm also ready to see if Bass can be this team's kicker for the next decade+.

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

They got rid of him because he deliberately shanked every kick.  He purposely missed 5 field goal attempts for the Bills so he could get cut and picked up by Steelers,

Aaah, this is the first “confirmation” I’ve heard for my nearly 30 year old theory! Not that I don’t trust you, but is there a link or something you can share?

The Gary Anderson saga is among many “theories” I’ve had over the years and one of the few that have been confirmed or proven false.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What about a kicker who always hits under 50? Three misses under 50 in camp for the Bass. 

Hauschka missed an XP today. Let's not pretend he has been automatic for the last two years.  Yes he kicked well in the playoff game.  He also kicked really poorly in a couple games that cost them.

• Like (+1) 1