Housch$$ released

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would I have to see all of his kicks?  He had one very good year in college.  His last season he made 71% of his kicks, which is poor.

Why do you say he has a stronger leg when he has made 2 of 4 over 50 in his career and his career accuracy at 40-49 is not better than Hauschka's last 2 seasons of decline?

You can't be serious.

• Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would I have to see all of his kicks?  He had one very good year in college.  His last season he made 71% of his kicks, which is poor.

Why do you say he has a stronger leg when he has made 2 of 4 over 50 in his career and his career accuracy at 40-49 is not better than Hauschka's last 2 seasons of decline?

I see you're in your argumentative mood today.  Jesus.  The dude has practice videos kicking 60 yarders.  Every reporter at camp said something along the lines of "the hype is real" when talking about his leg.

And the reason you would want to see the videos is to see how those misses occurred.  Were they short?  Blocked?

Just move on.  I'm sorry they cut your boy Hauschka.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I see you're in your argumentative mood today.  Jesus.  The dude has practice videos kicking 60 yarders.  Every reporter at camp said something along the lines of "the hype is real" when talking about his leg.

And the reason you would want to see the videos is to see how those misses occurred.  Were they short?  Blocked?

Just move on.  I'm sorry they cut your boy Hauschka.

lol---my boy!  He was a bum by the end of the year.  Adios!

Someone else reported 2 blocks.  A miss is a miss.  Hauschka was pushing and pulling long kicks too---they weren't all short.

Videos!!  Youtube is littered with guys kicking long FGs on an empty field.  High school kids are booming 75 yarders.  Yet in real NFL games, only 17 FGs of 60 or more yards have been made in 50 years.  In the past 5 years, only once have more than 5 kickers hit on 5 or more 50+yards.  

Big leg/low accuracy is no better than short leg low accuracy.  Why draw the distinction?  The kid had 1 season over 80%.  He has accuracy problems.  Are you going to claim that he, more than any other sub 80% kicker had disproportionate kicks blocked?

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol---my boy!  He was a bum by the end of the year.  Adios!

Someone else reported 2 blocks.  A miss is a miss.  Hauschka was pushing and pulling long kicks too---they weren't all short.

Videos!!  Youtube is littered with guys kicking long FGs on an empty field.  High school kids are booming 75 yarders.  Yet in real NFL games, only 17 FGs of 60 or more yards have been made in 50 years.  In the past 5 years, only once have more than 5 kickers hit on 5 or more 50+yards.  

Big leg/low accuracy is no better than short leg low accuracy.  Why draw the distinction?  The kid had 1 season over 80%.  He has accuracy problems.  Are you going to claim that he, more than any other sub 80% kicker had disproportionate kicks blocked?

I'm done here.  I have no idea what point you're trying to make.  Bass is the 81st most accurate kicker in the history of college football.  He has the talent and potential to be very good.  Kickers get better all the time, and they have to start somewhere.  If Bass gives us 80% as a rookie I'll be fine with that.

38 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Refresh my memory, when did he get cheap shotted?

32 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He's the same guy who put dirty hits on Josh Allen too. He's one of the biggest scum bags in the NFL. Seems only Bills fans have caught on to that, though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

You can't be serious.

Oh, he is... 

Has House even been invited to a workout since being released? 

There is a chance that he will sign onto a teams PS making a few 100k.  Maybe even the Bills (especially if Bass starts looks too shaky).

I see no need to worry about this at this point in time.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:54 PM, Mr. WEO said:

It's like watching an NBA shoot around, they make almost every one.  When the game starts, suddenly they can't.

Evidently Coach McDermott has a lot of faith in the kid. I hope he's right.  If you want to be a SB conteder, you gotta have a lights out kicker. Cheats always have one. Tom Landry always had one.  Peyton Manning's Colts did as well.

This does NOT seem like the year to roll with a rookie kicker.  But then again if it works Coach MCDermott will be a Coaching genius.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It's like watching an NBA shoot around, they make almost every one.  When the game starts, suddenly they can't.

Evidently Coach McDermott has a lot of faith in the kid. I hope he's right.  If you want to be a SB conteder, you gotta have a lights out kicker. Cheats always have one. Tom Landry always had one.  Peyton Manning's Colts did as well.

This does NOT seem like the year to roll with a rookie kicker.  But then again if it works Coach MCDermott will be a Coaching genius.

Cheats did have one until they got rid of gostkowski last year. He’s signing with the titans 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He missed 3 out of 15. 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

so he made 12/15 otherwise known as 80%

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That's better than Hauschka the past 2 seasons.

80%....in camp.  

Hauschka's worst was about that----in football games.

• Like (+1) 1

All respect to House money who has done some great things for us as a bill

What I will NOT miss is the offense punting in makeable FG range because they dont trust the kicker to make long FG

The rookie is gonna miss some......but I hate punting because we dont trust the kicker to have the leg

When we DRAFTED a kicker....you knew the writing was on the wall for what was going to happen

• Like (+1) 2