Chris Brown suspended [Mod edited] from all Bills platforms

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Uuuuhhhh... wtf...?

He was a pretty darn loyal team reporter... so much so that I would go elsewhere.

I feel bad for the guy.

I mean all the media people have been acknowledging the restrictions the Bills placed on them and from that chunk of the Athletic article he really did step in it. I mean if you're going to have these restrictions there have to be repercussions for breaking them especially if it's one affiliated with the organization.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

The Bills are taking this secrecy thing way too far.  They are gonna cut a bunch of guys before the opener who will have tons of information much closer to game day.

Then after opening Sunday every team is going to have film and information on every other team.  

Lighten up you guys, please.

If Beane is truly investing in people to scour social media to find information, then he can just bring in one of the 27 Jets players cut on Sept 5th and get their entire playbook.  In fact, there will be over 600 guys across the NFL waiver wire that will be cut by 9/5, every team's camp activity will be transparent anyway within a few days because of all the information out there and the opposing teams bringing in guys to "evaluate' them.

Do they really think Chris Brown, who is a true blue Bills fan, is going to impact a game a month from now by talking about where some non-starting rookie is going to rotate in at Dline?  Cmon man.  

I think one of the primary reasons for letting limited information out is to conceal how certain players are performing or progressing. If teams see a player has been running with the one and twos, and they have a need there, they might be inclined to claim him. Meanwhile the Bills may be trying to get them on their taxi squad without having other teams see what they are seeing. This year especially with the expanded squads. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah. I can see that now. I guess I've just gotten so used to hearing that kind of stuff. It sucks that he got in trouble for it because I'm sure he wasn't trying to break the rules, but hey, rules are rules and it is his job to know what he can and can't say.

Edit: Tasker should have told him to shut up instead of asking for more information. He should know the rules too.

agree on the Tasker point.  he may have just cost Brown his job.  

• Like (+1) 4

Is that why you can’t even find out when they scrimmage and whether they will even have a single view of it anywhere ?? Are they afraid the Jets might gameplay from it. I mean we have the same offense and defense. We aren’t coming out running some crazy new formations. 

So are we going to play vanilla week 1 because we know the Jets stink just so we can save our good stuff for he following weeks. My god this is such a joke. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is weird. CB is a buttoned-up dude. I wouldn’t expect him to flagrantly ignore team rules. Then the marketing staff quits? Weird. Really weird. Especially when we all like to think OBD behind closed doors is harmonious and professionally run. 

3 person Marketing team is done too - 

In another brow-raising development unrelated to Brown’s suspension, the Bills’ three-person marketing staff has quit or will be gone by the end of the week. Vice president of marketing Shaena Kershner resigned two weeks ago. Marketing coordinator Alex Compton followed. Marketing manager Kelly Baker remains in the club directory, but sources say her last day is this week.

Sources added these are voluntary departures, peculiar considering Buffalo’s season is scheduled to begin in 18 days and the current job market is impacted by COVID-19.

Pegula Sports and Entertainment properties have jettisoned dozens of employees, including several executives, since November. Many of the moves were planned before the pandemic. Current and former PSE, Bills or Sabres employees described a “toxic culture” that worsened with downsizing and furloughs.

The Bills have posted two marketing positions on LinkedIn’s jobs board.

Kershner joined the Bills in 2017 as marketing director and last year was promoted to vice president. She declined to comment. (Full disclosure: Kershner’s husband, Gene Kershner, is a partner at CTBK accounting and business consultants, a sponsor of my radio show.)

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He has never been the smartest. No surprise he managed to break the rules despite being employed by the Bills. 

Yeah, no.  Brownie is not a stupid guy by any stretch.  Diligent, hardworking, honest, smart, sincere.  All around great guy.  Take it from someone who's known him professionally for more than half of his own life. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sounds like the environment is difficult, and I feel bad for CB.  I’ve always thought for being a Bills employee, he did a good job.  It’s apparent they are censored, but that is not the employees fault.

Yolo brings up a good point that he is only suspended so as long as he can keep his job and get back to normal in two weeks, that’s not too bad.  It makes me wonder if Mehta and Brown is a common thread, how many others are going to get the same Suspensions.  The rules are a little excessive, but I understand if all teams are this strict, you can’t be the team that lets information pass.  One of the reasons I hope these reporters get their jobs retained.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

The Bills are taking this secrecy thing way too far.  They are gonna cut a bunch of guys before the opener who will have tons of information much closer to game day.

Then after opening Sunday every team is going to have film and information on every other team.  

Lighten up you guys, please.

If Beane is truly investing in people to scour social media to find information, then he can just bring in one of the 27 Jets players cut on Sept 5th and get their entire playbook.  In fact, there will be over 600 guys across the NFL waiver wire that will be cut by 9/5, every team's camp activity will be transparent anyway within a few days because of all the information out there and the opposing teams bringing in guys to "evaluate' them.

Do they really think Chris Brown, who is a true blue Bills fan, is going to impact a game a month from now by talking about where some non-starting rookie is going to rotate in at Dline?  Cmon man.  

You messed up Chris. Take your suspension like a big boy and go back to your room. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He has never been the smartest. No surprise he managed to break the rules despite being employed by the Bills. 

Agreed, I was never a fan.  Besides just toeing the company line, his “interviews” were painful.  He’s the type of interviewer who asks a 5-minute question and answers it himself in the process.  Sort of glad he’s out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1