Jessica Pegula on ESPN2

Giuseppe Tognarelli

8 hours ago, zonabb said:

Does fandom have to extend to what the owners' kids do? Who cares, honestly. She is a mediocre tennis player basically playing professional tennis as a hobby because her parents can support her financially. Anyone her age, with the inability to climb to any substantial position in the rankings, would have retired into a real job by now. In other words, who cares. I don't. And I don't care about the other garbage they do, shops they open, businesses they buy. The hero worship is astounding.

This post should be poster child for mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This post should be poster child for mediocrity.

If she’s top 100, approaching top 50 in the world, she is truly elite. This post would have to be MUCH better to approach mediocrity. JMO

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, Blackkat19 said:

I don't care because I'm not a tennis fan so it doesn't matter who's playing.   

Yet you posted anyway. Interesting.

Kind of like looking at the questions/answers on an Amazon listing . Someone asks a question and then another person responds "I have no idea. I didn't buy this product." Did that person think all the questions were directed specifically to them? 

Jessica is ranked #86 according to WTA. Good for her! I had no idea she was even that competitive. Nothing to do with "hero worship"--which was really an idiotic thing to say in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

Yet you posted anyway. Interesting.

Kind of like looking at the questions/answers on an Amazon listing . Someone asks a question and then another person responds "I have no idea. I didn't buy this product." Did that person think all the questions were directed specifically to them? 

Jessica is ranked #86 according to WTA. Good for her! I had no idea she was even that competitive. Nothing to do with "hero worship"--which was really an idiotic thing to say in the first place.

HUH!! What are you even talking about? All I said is that I'm not a fan of tennis. It was a poster named zonabb that said the " hero worship" thing on 8/26/2020 at 12 : 04 PM. I think you might have me confused with that person because I never said anything about hero worship.

Edited by Blackkat19

2 hours ago, Blackkat19 said:

HUH!! What are you even talking about? All I said is that I'm not a fan of tennis. It was a poster named zonabb that said the " hero worship" thing on 8/26/2020 at 12 : 04 PM. I think you might have me confused with that person because I never said anything about hero worship.

The first two paragraphs were directed to you. The last  paragraph was not. 

5 hours ago, Blackkat19 said:

Get a life will ya. The whole thread is nonsense anyway. 

download (1).jpg

THAT was my point, you putz. Why post in a thread you think is not worth anything? It shows something about you. I'm not sure what that is, but I suspect it is nothing good.

Either celebrate this young woman, or take your shot. Your post was utterly worthless. You realize you can simply ignore a thread, right?

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/26/2020 at 11:04 AM, zonabb said:

Does fandom have to extend to what the owners' kids do? Who cares, honestly. She is a mediocre tennis player basically playing professional tennis as a hobby because her parents can support her financially. Anyone her age, with the inability to climb to any substantial position in the rankings, would have retired into a real job by now. In other words, who cares. I don't. And I don't care about the other garbage they do, shops they open, businesses they buy. The hero worship is astounding.

LOL

She has won two in a row?

So far this year she has won $165k, did you make that when you were 26? Yeah she is doing it as a hobby, LOL.

Attached is a Washington Post article on Jessica Pegula written by Ava Wallace. Whether a person comes from a rich background or a poor background the effort and dedication to get to this tennis level is the same. Because she has been so dedicated to her sport she is getting results and moving up the ranks. She should be admired for what she has accomplished in this highly competitive sport. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/tennis/us-open-jessica-pegula/2020/09/02/919d56c6-ed57-11ea-b4bc-3a2098fc73d4_story.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/26/2020 at 11:04 AM, zonabb said:

Whoa...at least she's not pretending to be the co-president of the United States!

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Friday, 2/12/21, 8:00 PM ET

Jessica Pegula (USA)

Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)

Third Round

Up 3-1 in the first and had a break point, but let it slip away. Still, serving at 3-2 in the first set of the third round of a Major means you are LEGIT. Congrats! 

UPDATE: She won the first 6-2 and is up 5-1 in the second. I would never jinx things by saying it looks good for the FOURTH round of a major

OK, on to the FOURTH ROUND! The round of 16 appearance is reportedly going to move her up to #41 in the world. If you don’t follow tennis much, that is pretty amazing! Very impressive performance! Congrats to ALL the Pegulas! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 2/12/2021 at 8:24 PM, Bferra13 said:

She wrote go bills go sabres on the camera after her second round win. Pretty cool.

cut.jpg

Thanks to missy's misguided cheerleading, they just awarded two conditional draft pick to the New England Patriots...and one was from the NHL! 🤨

😁 Seriously, good luck to her in the quarterfinals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.