Jump to content
nucci

Game Attendance decided by team

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, teef said:

i'm surprised there's not a league policy being set here.  

 

Chargers are pushing for a number under 20,000

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mickey said:

 

Agreed. Sure, some of them might contract the disease and then spread it to people who did not go to the game, did not sign a liability waiver and who obeyed all the rules about large gatherings but those people should just shut up and die, or recover or whatever because we need football. While we are at it, why not let drunk drivers decide for themselves if they want to drive drunk? Sure, some people might get hurt or killed or whatever but c'mon, freedom has a price.

It's sad how many don't realize that you often have to protect people from themselves.  A wise alien hunter once described how a person is smart while people are stupid.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

For any of us who have been to games in Jacksonville, we know you are exactly correct.  Sad but true

 

I’ve been to some Bills games in Jax. It will hurt the Bills fans more than those few strangers who wander in accidentally. I think they are technically the Jag fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in April a saw an article about how they were trying to train dogs to sniff out the virus and I joked with a friend that they should just plant 20 or 30 of them outside the stadium and let them sniff through ticket lines to weed out the infected. 
 

well I just saw results from the trial and their 8 dogs were more than 95% accurate in smelling it out. 4 of the 8 dogs were 100% accurate. So I stand by my idea!!! Release the hounds.... 
 

 

just kidding..... kinda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Seems like an unfair advantage to Rams and Chargers fans they can put a fan in each corner of the stadium and have there entire fanbase present for their games.

Starting the wave would be challenging...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mickey said:

 

Agreed. Sure, some of them might contract the disease and then spread it to people who did not go to the game, did not sign a liability waiver and who obeyed all the rules about large gatherings but those people should just shut up and die, or recover or whatever because we need football. While we are at it, why not let drunk drivers decide for themselves if they want to drive drunk? Sure, some people might get hurt or killed or whatever but c'mon, freedom has a price.

If we care so much about everyone’s wellbeing ( players/ fans ) then why even have games when there’s a possibility that someone might get sick ? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, H2o said:

If anything, I think they should let the fans themselves decide. Offer a waiver of liability and let in as many as want to come. Don't allow any kind of fan, player interactions like we see so often, but let them choose for themselves whether they want to be there. 

 

I think they should let medical professionals and first responders decide... that way the people who actually would HAVE TO TREAT THOSE COVID-19 POSITIVE IDIOTS get the final say. The risk is more than just the person going!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MJS said:

 

Maybe look up all of the negative consequences of economic collapse and quarentine, including rising suicide and death rates, increased domestic violence rates, decreased mental health, etc.

 

For every 1% increase in unemployment there is an increase of 37,000 deaths (including 20,000 heart attacks), 920 suicides, 650 homicides, 4,000 state mental hospital admissions and 3,300 state prison admissions. Unemployment has increased by about 8-10 percent, so we are talking 300,000 to 400,000 deaths due to shutting down the economy and people losing their jobs. What's the death toll for COVID-19 so far?

 

And I want to watch football.

 

 

Are you saying scientists and doctors have finally come to a consensus? For every one of them claiming one thing, there are three claiming the opposite.


We need to get this thing under control and the way to do that is social distancing and contact tracing. 
 

I know it sucks, but do you want to see half a million people dead at the end of this? 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all of the people going on about this, how many times have you been sick, went to the doctor, and the response you get from them is, "You have a virus and it will just have to run it's course" as the result of your visit? Who honestly knows what the heck most of us have contracted over the years? Out of the 9,273,773 who've contracted it there have been 477,807 deaths. That is death rate for the infected of 5.1%. That is with 40% of those deaths coming from nursing homes and assisted living facilities, even with the numbers being skewed all over. This lines more up with a flu like situation due the age range of the typically more critical cases. To compare letting people go out in public to that of drunk driving is completely dumb. This is the first time in the history of man the world has been shut down by a virus as such. Fear for your lives, don't interact with people, wear a mask, you're selfish for wanting to go about a normal life, you could be the reason someone dies, you can't be in the hospital with a sick loved one, if said loved one dies you can't have a proper funeral where everyone gets to pay their respects, businesses need to be shut down, people's livelihoods destroyed, but this is all necessary, right? Seems legit. At the same time "peaceful protests" and gatherings of thousands in the street standing shoulder to shoulder screaming like a bunch of idiots is alright though. You can't open that business, but it's alright for people to run around burning businesses to the ground. You can't have a proper funeral for your loved one who died of cancer, alone, because the doctors wouldn't let his family be by his side, but we can have a huge gathering that is nationally televised for the funeral of some. Normal people, yes, you law abiding citizens, shouldn't be going out to hang in groups larger than X amount of people, but it's cool if you take over X amount of blocks in a city and have thousands all hang around each other because it a "love fest" for the summer of 2020. If you can't see through all of this I can't help you. Is the Coronavirus real? Absolutely. I know people who've had it. Some had no idea they had it, while others were actually sick. Sars, Mers, H1N1, Ebola, Malaria, Influenza, and a host of others are all real as well. People have died from those all over the world. None of these have ever shut the world down so to speak. We went from flatten the curve, to we need a cure for everything to go back to normal. Riiiiight. Things can't be the same until we have worldwide vaccination. Riiiiiight. You need to have some kind of mark or carry papers that prove you have been vaccinated. Riiiiiight. We're going to install this Covid-19 tracker app on your phones, and not tell you about it when we do it, but use it so we can track every person's whereabouts who is stupid enough to activate it. Seems normal, right? Like I said before, I love football and the Bills. The more this drags though, and with all of the rest of this stuff going on, the less and less I care about any kind of sports in general. If people want to go to games then so be it. If you want to walk around with a measuring tape making sure people are exactly 6ft away while wearing a cloth mask, which actually protects you from nothing, then so be it. To each their own, but don't try to demonize others by acting like what you have chosen to believe should be gospel for everyone.  

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, H2o said:

If anything, I think they should let the fans themselves decide. Offer a waiver of liability and let in as many as want to come. Don't allow any kind of fan, player interactions like we see so often, but let them choose for themselves whether they want to be there. 


H2O, I understand personal choice, and if it were only you’re health, ok as many people do dumb things and place their health at risk, but just like you can’t drink and drive because it’s not just you hurting yourself, you can kill someone else.  Well, the analogy is simply you could get sick and pass it to dozens of others later and yes, if you hug you’re mom or dad, you could get them killed.  I simply mean why place yourself and others at risk being in such close proximity.  Here is FL, they have lifted even more restrictions than in NYS and our cases are rising dramatically.

 

I hate this as much as you in more ways than you know as it affects our social lives, entertainment, and importantly financially as Unemployment is still nuts down here.  Restrictions aren’t going away until they get through phase 3 clinical trials, which is at least 12 weeks surveillance post vaccine, then 5 weeks to present to the FDA by medical researchers, then 9-12 months PMA filing as it is a new medical breakthrough.  They can’t do a 510K filing without an advance to an existing medical device, biotech product, or rare disease orphan drug medication.  I know as I’ve done this work for over twenty years.  The. We have to wait for whichever company can produce 350 million doses for the US alone.  I will only speak for myself and I will not attend any major sporting event in close proximity to others until I’m vaccinated.  That is my choice, but hopeful my fellow Bills friends don’t place themselves at risk either or spread to others.

 

I hate this new normal, and I know everyone on this board does as well.  It sucks, but if we don’t take drastic measures, this crap will never end.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MJS said:

 

Maybe look up all of the negative consequences of economic collapse and quarentine, including rising suicide and death rates, increased domestic violence rates, decreased mental health, etc.

 

For every 1% increase in unemployment there is an increase of 37,000 deaths (including 20,000 heart attacks), 920 suicides, 650 homicides, 4,000 state mental hospital admissions and 3,300 state prison admissions. Unemployment has increased by about 8-10 percent, so we are talking 300,000 to 400,000 deaths due to shutting down the economy and people losing their jobs. What's the death toll for COVID-19 so far?

 

 

Can you cite those sources? Honestly all those numbers seem high to me

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:


H2O, I understand personal choice, and if it were only you’re health, ok as many people do dumb things and place their health at risk, but just like you can’t drink and drive because it’s not just you hurting yourself, you can kill someone else.  Well, the analogy is simply you could get sick and pass it to dozens of others later and yes, if you hug you’re mom or dad, you could get them killed.  I simply mean why place yourself and others at risk being in such close proximity.  Here is FL, they have lifted even more restrictions than in NYS and our cases are rising dramatically.

 

I hate this as much as you in more ways than you know as it affects our social lives, entertainment, and importantly financially as Unemployment is still nuts down here.  Restrictions aren’t going away until they get through phase 3 clinical trials, which is at least 12 weeks surveillance post vaccine, then 5 weeks to present to the FDA by medical researchers, then 9-12 months PMA filing as it is a new medical breakthrough.  They can’t do a 510K filing without an advance to an existing medical device, biotech product, or rare disease orphan drug medication.  I know as I’ve done this work for over twenty years.  The. We have to wait for whichever company can produce 350 million doses for the US alone.  I will only speak for myself and I will not attend any major sporting event in close proximity to others until I’m vaccinated.  That is my choice, but hopeful my fellow Bills friends don’t place themselves at risk either or spread to others.

 

I hate this new normal, and I know everyone on this board does as well.  It sucks, but if we don’t take drastic measures, this crap will never end.

And I can totally respect your response. On my end, I won't be getting a vaccine. I've never even had a flu shot in all of my years. The only time my children ever got one was when they were 5 & 3 because of my ex-wife. They both got the flu within a month, my 3 year old's turned into a viral pneumonia, and he almost died. PICU for 4 days at a local hospital. They won't be getting the vaccine either. I miss sports somewhat, as they were a form of escape, but I don't need them for as much as I would like to watch them. My point in all of this is this may be exactly like the flu. It may pop up every single year, shot or no shot. The flu shot doesn't even protect those who decide to get one every year. What if the vaccine doesn't work and what exactly are they putting into this vaccine? It may never end. The answer may also be herd immunity. Just like when they start out in school, little kids seem to be catching something all of the time. As they get older it slows down. Why? Because they have caught many of these viruses going around already and their body has adapted to them. Maybe that's the true answer to all of this? Who knows? I just know that neither you, nor I, nor everyone else in this world can survive in a plastic bubble. There is no such thing as never ending handouts. At some point you have to take your chances or watch this whole place turn into one, big anarchist free-for-all. In this regard I am not talking about sports, I'm talking about making it in life in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:


H2O, I understand personal choice, and if it were only you’re health, ok as many people do dumb things and place their health at risk, but just like you can’t drink and drive because it’s not just you hurting yourself, you can kill someone else.  Well, the analogy is simply you could get sick and pass it to dozens of others later and yes, if you hug you’re mom or dad, you could get them killed.  I simply mean why place yourself and others at risk being in such close proximity.  Here is FL, they have lifted even more restrictions than in NYS and our cases are rising dramatically.

 

I hate this as much as you in more ways than you know as it affects our social lives, entertainment, and importantly financially as Unemployment is still nuts down here.  Restrictions aren’t going away until they get through phase 3 clinical trials, which is at least 12 weeks surveillance post vaccine, then 5 weeks to present to the FDA by medical researchers, then 9-12 months PMA filing as it is a new medical breakthrough.  They can’t do a 510K filing without an advance to an existing medical device, biotech product, or rare disease orphan drug medication.  I know as I’ve done this work for over twenty years.  The. We have to wait for whichever company can produce 350 million doses for the US alone.  I will only speak for myself and I will not attend any major sporting event in close proximity to others until I’m vaccinated.  That is my choice, but hopeful my fellow Bills friends don’t place themselves at risk either or spread to others.

 

I hate this new normal, and I know everyone on this board does as well.  It sucks, but if we don’t take drastic measures, this crap will never end.

this is very well put.  we all hate the new normal.  over the last few months, i've lost a lot, (and continue to lose) of income.  i'm lucky to have a job to come back to at all, so i don't complain, but we've all taken some lumps. it's ok to want the world to move forward which i'm on board with 100%, but it's also ok, and necessary to still be somewhat cautious.

 

i'm not personally worried about getting sick myself, but i'm extremely concerned about getting my 80 year old parents sick,getting the people that come into my building sick, getting my employees sick, etc. it's just common consideration.  it's not hard for me to wear a mask and avoid huge gatherings, so i do it.  i've been out to dinner, gone shopping, and had my hair cut, but i've been cautious and taken the basic measures suggested to us.  why not?

 

no one is asking anyone to halt their lives, or live "in a bubble".  to say that is just not being honest.  just be courteous to people around you.  at this point, when i see people not caring, i just assume they're selfish d-bags.

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H2O, I’m so sorry one of you’re children was so ill.  From an understanding standpoint, my middle son who was born at 28 weeks (he’s great and just graduated from high school) had pneumonia 5 times at age 4-5 and by rights cheated death again from when he was born, but it was from him not getting a series of vaccinations as a newborn.  Both are unique examples, and were just glad he is ok as I’m glad you’re child is ok.  It’s a misnomer the flu can cause the flu.  You can have a small reaction to it and as stated before the yearly flu virus only protects against a certain strain, but you ca; contract another strain less common.  You not getting a flu vaccine, I understand completely.  I have to working in OR’s. and ASC’s as its part of vendor Credentialing To gain access to protected areas.

 

The Covid 19 is not actually a virus, or the flu.  It’s a protein surrounded by a layer of fat. That’s why the purel works as the 66% + isopropyl alcohol basically melts the fat layer so the protein dies quickly.  Again, a personal choice for any vaccination so no argument from me.  The real problem for game attendance is not in the spacing of seats as they can figure that one out. The problem is the bathrooms, the halls traveling to the seats, the concessions, almost absolutely impossible to social distance.  Social distancing is the only way to kill this thing.  Treatment options are much better and a vaccine for us who want it is on the way too, but it just won’t change quickly.  Sucks so I’m empathizing with you.  I hate this crap just like you and others.

7 minutes ago, teef said:

this is very well put.  we all hate the new normal.  over the last few months, i've lost a lot, (and continue to lose) of income.  i'm lucky to have a job to come back to at all, so i don't complain, but we've all taken some lumps. it's ok to want the world to move forward which i'm on board with 100%, but it's also ok, and necessary to still be somewhat cautious.

 

i'm not personally worried about getting sick myself, but i'm extremely concerned about getting my 80 year old parents sick,getting the people that come into my building sick, getting my employees sick, etc. it's just common consideration.  it's not hard for me to wear a mask and avoid huge gatherings, so i do it.  i've been out to dinner, gone shopping, and had my hair cut, but i've been cautious and taken the basic measures suggested to us.  why not?

 

no one is asking anyone to halt their lives, or live "in a bubble".  to say that is just not being honest.  just be courteous to people around you.  at this point, when i see people not caring, i just assume they're selfish d-bags.


Thanks Teef and we’ll said.  I think enough people know me on this board, I don’t beat people up for their opinion even if I disagree, I just want us to be safe, that’s all.  I’ve already far crossed my limit for multiple responses to a thread so I’m out.  I’ve said my peace and as always wish you all the best.
 

By the way, can we start more threads of the best team to be proven this year in the AFC!  I love my Bills.

 

Billieve!

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MJS said:

 

Maybe look up all of the negative consequences of economic collapse and quarentine, including rising suicide and death rates, increased domestic violence rates, decreased mental health, etc.

 

For every 1% increase in unemployment there is an increase of 37,000 deaths (including 20,000 heart attacks), 920 suicides, 650 homicides, 4,000 state mental hospital admissions and 3,300 state prison admissions. Unemployment has increased by about 8-10 percent, so we are talking 300,000 to 400,000 deaths due to shutting down the economy and people losing their jobs. What's the death toll for COVID-19 so far?

 

And I want to watch football.

 

 

Are you saying scientists and doctors have finally come to a consensus? For every one of them claiming one thing, there are three claiming the opposite.

 

Do you really think that had the US done nothing the economy wouldn't have been impacted at all by Covid? Covid has a death rate of about .2% to 1% (it varies because so much is dependent on the health of the people infected and we don't have the data yet.) For the sake of a nice round number let's say that if Covid hit the general population at a .5% death rate that would mean that if Covid ran through the US population it would kill 1.7 million people. 

 

The economy would suffer if the population lost 1.7 million people, consumers aren't going to want to go out and have confidence in an economy if they don't think they are safe from a virus that has killed 1 out of 200 people. The economy was going to tank no matter what action the government took. The choice you are painting is false. It isn't Covid safety or the economy. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, teef said:

this is very well put.  we all hate the new normal.  over the last few months, i've lost a lot, (and continue to lose) of income.  i'm lucky to have a job to come back to at all, so i don't complain, but we've all taken some lumps. it's ok to want the world to move forward which i'm on board with 100%, but it's also ok, and necessary to still be somewhat cautious.

 

i'm not personally worried about getting sick myself, but i'm extremely concerned about getting my 80 year old parents sick,getting the people that come into my building sick, getting my employees sick, etc. it's just common consideration.  it's not hard for me to wear a mask and avoid huge gatherings, so i do it.  i've been out to dinner, gone shopping, and had my hair cut, but i've been cautious and taken the basic measures suggested to us.  why not?

 

no one is asking anyone to halt their lives, or live "in a bubble".  to say that is just not being honest.  just be courteous to people around you.  at this point, when i see people not caring, i just assume they're selfish d-bags.


Thanks Teef and we’ll said.  I think enough people know me on this board, I don’t beat people up for their opinion even if I disagree, I just want us to be safe, that’s all.  I’ve already far crossed my limit for multiple responses to a thread so I’m out.  I’ve said my peace and as always wish you all the best.
 

By the way, can we start more threads of the best team to be proven this year in the AFC!  I love my Bills.

 

Billieve!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...