Jump to content

Clowney considering options including a "prove it" short term deal


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm still one of those who would like to add him. I think he'd be very, very good in our D. 

Why is Star a villain in every friggin thread?  Is the virus his fault too?   The guy does what he is supposed to do and is good in the room.  Geez.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Clowney would be the only DL on our team getting double teams. 

Ed Oliver and Star regularly got double teamed - that is what opened things up for Shaq and Jordan Phillips. But you are not at all wrong in saying Clowney will consistently command double teams and that will open up sacks for the others. He is worth way more than the 10 mill per / one year prove it deal people are bandying around.

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

He can get on a plane for a physical.  They are still flying them...

Umm - it takes more than a plane ride. NFL is currently restricting physicals.

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106790/article/jadeveon-clowney-hasnt-found-market-he-expected

 

Quote

The NFL's current directive and restrictions on conducting physicals could be a big reason teams might be skittish on paying a truckload for Clowney without having their own medical personnel take a look.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you can't sell your Car or House the price is too high.

 

He needs to adjust his expectations clearly most teams have set a value plus his recent surgery all combine to scare teams off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He should be ... he’s more “name” than production throughout his career. 

 

But, but........didn’t you see that one play in college where he went unblocked that made him into a Super Hero???

 

It must suck to think you are a super hot “10”, only to learn the rest of the world thinks you’re just an OK  7. 

 

 

 

.

 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Ed Oliver and Star regularly got double teamed - that is what opened things up for Shaq and Jordan Phillips. But you are not at all wrong in saying Clowney will consistently command double teams and that will open up sacks for the others. He is worth way more than the 10 mill per / one year prove it deal people are bandying around.

Umm - it takes more than a plane ride. NFL is currently restricting physicals.

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106790/article/jadeveon-clowney-hasnt-found-market-he-expected

 

 

 

That only bans team personnel from traveling to see a player or a player coming to the team.

 

He can get a physical by any doctor the team physician recommends and trusts.   Simple solution they are already working on.  He could fly to see Dr. Andrews, who could do at least a thorough exam as any of these part-time team sports docs, for example.

 

Pretty simple.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

That only bans team personnel from traveling to see a player or a player coming to the team.

 

He can get a physical by any doctor the team physician recommends and trusts.   Simple solution they are already working on.  He could fly to see Dr. Andrews, who could do at least a thorough exam as any of these part-time team sports docs, for example.

 

Pretty simple.

Thanks. I did not know that.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

This guy is only half Mario Williams...and look at his value for money spent...

 

Mario was on Bruce Smith's level in terms of pure talent. Clowney I am not so sure about.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, njbuff said:

 

Mario was on Bruce Smith's level in terms of pure talent. Clowney I am not so sure about.

 Clowney is a physical specimen/athletic freak. That being said, he is no Mario Williams and light years from Bruce. I would still celebrate if we signed him to a decently team friendly deal. We must be able to retain Milano and Tre, and it would be nice to extend Dawkins as well. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...