Update: Dak may be franchised (offered $33M) and Cooper transition tagged = at min $43M cap hit

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/08/cowboys-reportedly-offer-dak-prescott-richest-contract-in-league-history/

Via Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News, the Cowboys have offered quarterback Dak Prescott a contract with an average value of $33 million per year. Because Prescott currently has no contract, the so-called “new money” value of any deal he accepts will match the more practical assessment of a new contract: What that new contract is worth, from the moment it’s signed.

For Prescott, both numbers under the reported offer would be $33 million. For Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson’s most recent deal, currently the richest in league history, the new money was $35 million per year. The total value at signing was $31.4 million per year.

Edited by Reed83HOF

Something is broken here. It seems like the next deal always has to set a new bar and be the highest deal. The better players deserve the bigger deals, it’s not just because it’s the most recent. I know the market moves, but......this has gotten CRAZY. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Dak is a good QB but no one can argue he is the best QB.  It is all ego to be the highest paid for at least 10 minutes.

I could argue Prescott is not all that good and sound intelligent doing so.

I'm glad he is Dallas's problem and not ours.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Patrick Mahomes is going to make 60 mill a year at this rate.

And is worth it, honestly. Dude is pretty special. Way more so than Lamar and...........dare I say it...........Danica's boyfriend (GASP)?