Update: Dak may be franchised (offered $33M) and Cooper transition tagged = at min $43M cap hit

No way we get him in here to replace Barkley now...

• Haha (+1) 2

Let it not be forgotten that Carr was also handsomely paid once upon a time. Its how the market works sometimes. The evil you know is better than the one you dont, and even marginal QBs seem attractive to franchises because it's better than not having one at all...

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Let it not be forgotten that Carr was also handsomely paid once upon a time. Its how the market works sometimes. The evil you know is better than the one you dont, and even marginal QBs seem attractive to franchises because it's better than not having one at all...

With all the attention Dallas garners, Dak is going to be scrutinized even more with a big fat contract.

The fans and media will rip him if they aren't winning, and I would imagine that he'll never live up to the contract and eventually Dallas will move on realizing it was a big mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yes but now the Raiders are trying to get out of Carr’s contract and are trying to rid him

6 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

With all the attention Dallas garners, Dak is going to be scrutinized even more with a big fat contract.

The fans and media will rip him if they aren't winning, and I would imagine that he'll never live up to the contract and eventually Dallas will move on realizing it was a big mistake.

Rumor is they’re going to tag him and trade him. Read Miami being a suitor for Prescott

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

Paying a guy like Dak is how you end up in qb purgatory 

We were there when we paid Fitzpatrick and then Tyrod

Pay the man. Dak is better than people think he is. He had an excellent season. Pay. The. Man. Yes it will be the biggest contract now but only until the next one people just have to get over that. If Josh takes another step forward and the Bills want to keep him they will have to pay him if not the biggest QB contract ever then the 2nd or 3rd biggest. It is just the way it is. Anyone good enough to pay re-sets the market. Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, Jimmy G (after 8 career starts), Kirk Cousins and now Dak (who I'd have in the top 2 of that group). It is just the NFL. What is the alternative? Don't pay Dak and sign an ancient Philip Rivers or an inferior player in Bridgewater? Maybe they should trade for Tyrod? If you want top 15 QB player then the point at which you pay your guy he will have top 3 money. That is the fact. Derek Carr signed a 5 year contract 3 years ago that was the most expensive QB deal ever. He is now only the 10th highest average per year and by the time next season starts I suspect he will be more like 14th. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Dak threw 30 TD's last year, good for 4th in the league. He threw 11 picks.

You guys know QB's like that are hard to find right?

I think Dak is criminally underrated by casual NFL fans. He was a top 5 QB in 2019. He had an outstanding year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Dak is criminally underrated by casual NFL fans. He was a top 5 QB in 2019. He had an outstanding year. 

I think your not doing your homework on him.

He put up alot of his numbers against bad teams or in garbage time. When it mattered most, he failed to deliver...all while having an all world line, RB, and good receiving options.

He's not underrated at all. Many can see through the empty stats and don't believe he's the guy because he just hasn't shown it.

I'd bet anything that Dallas will regret this within three years and will be looking to move on/get out of the deal if it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

He put up alot of his numbers against bad teams or in garbage time. When it mattered most, he failed to deliver...all while having an all world line, RB, and good receiving options.

He's not underrated at all. Many can see through the empty stats and don't believe he's the guy because he just hasn't shown it.

I'd bet anything that Dallas will regret this within three years and will be looking to move on/get out of the deal if it happens.

I watched every snap he took this year. Homework done and completed. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't like him that much, but it's simple NFL economics. You do not let QB's like that walk out the door.

24 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Dak Prescott is 40-24 in his career with 14 GWDs in his first 3 seasons. What are you even talking about?

Furthermore, when has a good team EVER let a franchise QB walk and had success? Basically, if they have a HoF QB backing him up.  That's it.  This "they will regret this deal" nonsense is and always has been garbage. You pay QBs who have demonstrated they can play at a high level. period. You do not let them walk for nothing and start over. Are there downsides to paying a QB big money? Obviously. But the Bills and Browns were two of the worst teams in the NFL for DECADES and it wasn't because they were paying a premium for lower end franchise QB. It was because they didn't have a QB worth a damn on the roster.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Simple logic for me on this one. He isn’t good enough to carry an offense. I’m not making him the highest paid player on the team nevermind the league.

I understand QBs being overpaid but just because other teams are doing it doesn’t mean you have to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CommonCents said:

Simple logic for me on this one. He isn’t good enough to carry an offense. I’m not making him the highest paid player on the team nevermind the league.

I understand QBs being overpaid but just because other teams are doing it doesn’t mean you have to. 

Dallas had the #1 offense in yards and #6 in points last season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Dallas had the #1 offense in yards and #6 in points last season.

Fancy.

They scored 9 against NE and Philly, 10 against the Saints and 15 against the Bills. All of those were playoff teams. He needs to improve, it’s hard to justify making him the highest paid player in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I don't like him that much, but it's simple NFL economics. You do not let QB's like that walk out the door.

Dak Prescott is 40-24 in his career with 14 GWDs in his first 3 seasons. What are you even talking about?

Furthermore, when has a good team EVER let a franchise QB walk and had success? Basically, if they have a HoF QB backing him up.  That's it.  This "they will regret this deal" nonsense is and always has been garbage. You pay QBs who have demonstrated they can play at a high level. period. You do not let them walk for nothing and start over. Are there downsides to paying a QB big money? Obviously. But the Bills and Browns were two of the worst teams in the NFL for DECADES and it wasn't because they were paying a premium for lower end franchise QB. It was because they didn't have a QB worth a damn on the roster.

Again...the guy had arguably the best RB and Oline in the league making his.job easy.

When did I say let him walk? They have options. They can franchise him and trade him to a team that believes he's the guy like some of you do. I know Dallas fans that don't think he's worth it and would gladly move on if someone else wants to pay him what he wants and compensate them.

And lastly...it seems your overall point is just pay the guy cause he's a decent player. As if Bills fans or any team let alone Dallas will be content with being a 500 team that can't beat the better teams in the league while being paid as a premier player.

You would have probably wanted to roll with Tyrod and pay him 30 mil too.

Loser mentality to the max