Update: Dak may be franchised (offered $33M) and Cooper transition tagged = at min $43M cap hit

6 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Again...the guy had arguably the best RB and Oline in the league making his.job easy.

When did I say let him walk? They have options. They can franchise him and trade him to a team that believes he's the guy like some of you do. I know Dallas fans that don't think he's worth it and would gladly move on if someone else wants to pay him what he wants and compensate them.

And lastly...it seems your overall point is just pay the guy cause he's a decent player. As if Bills fans or any team let alone Dallas will be content with being a 500 team that can't beat the better teams in the league while being paid as a premier player.

You would have probably wanted to roll with Tyrod and pay him 30 mil too.

Loser mentality to the max

Okay, so when has a team franchised a QB and traded him to another team and gotten BETTER for it? 

WTF are you talking about .500.  Dak is 40-24 as a starter, is that .500?  The Tyrod comparison is laughable, HE was a .500 QB. Tyrod threw 14 TD his last season as a starter, Dak threw over twice that last season. 

You have embarrassed yourself. The Cowboys made the playoffs twice, and won in the playoffs in 4 seasons and you call it QB purgatory. The Bills went 17 years without a playoff APPEARANCE. THAT'S QB purgatory.

The Redskins let Kirk Cousins go rather than pay him.  Lots of folks thought he was overrated. But the Vikings have made the playoffs, won a playoff game, and gone 18-12-1 with Kirk.  The Redskins have gone 10-22 since letting Cousins leave.  Thank god they aren't paying a QB though, right??

It's like talking to people who haven't watched the NFL at all.  Jesus.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I guess 26 year old QBs who put up 5200 yards and 33 TDs are easily replaceable.  Dude has made $4.7 million in 4 seasons.  Nobody was crying about him being underpaid, but suddenly he wants what the market will pay, and he’s excoriated by fans.  

Guess what?  Dak doesn’t need financial advice from a bunch of middle aged dudes on the internet.  He’s going to get as much as Jerry Jones will pay him just as he should.  You best believe Jerry will squeeze fans for every nickel they will pay, so there’s really no sense in clutching your pearls on his account.  

Of course fans will cry about how much better it would be if he would take a little less money so that they could build a championship roster around him, because that’s what fans always do.  Meanwhile, they ignore the fact that the Cowboys couldn’t build a championship roster when Dak was making $500,000 a year.  The difference between $33,000,000 and $35,000,000 isn’t going to make or break the team.  If it does, they can trot Cooper Rush out there and see how that works out.  The reality is that the Cowboys need Dak more than he needs them.  There are a dozen teams who would pay Dak $30,000,000+ to play for them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Okay, so when has a team franchised a QB and traded him to another team and gotten BETTER for it? 

WTF are you talking about .500.  Dak is 40-24 as a starter, is that .500?  The Tyrod comparison is laughable, HE was a .500 QB. Tyrod threw 14 TD his last season as a starter, Dak threw over twice that last season. 

You have embarrassed yourself. The Cowboys made the playoffs twice, and won in the playoffs in 4 seasons and you call it QB purgatory. The Bills went 17 years without a playoff APPEARANCE. THAT'S QB purgatory.

The Redskins let Kirk Cousins go rather than pay him.  Lots of folks thought he was overrated. But the Vikings have made the playoffs, won a playoff game, and gone 18-12-1 with Kirk.  The Redskins have gone 10-22 since letting Cousins leave.  Thank god they aren't paying a QB though, right??

It's like talking to people who haven't watched the NFL at all.  Jesus.

Tell me about it. People spouting off nonsense just to argue.

Kirk Cousins 18-12-1, Case Keenum 13-3. 

Next. 

Just now, Billl said:

I guess 26 year old QBs who put up 5200 yards and 33 TDs are easily replaceable.  Dude has made $4.7 million in 4 seasons.  Nobody was crying about him being underpaid, but suddenly he wants what the market will pay, and he’s excoriated by fans.  

Guess what?  Dak doesn’t need financial advice from a bunch of middle aged dudes on the internet.  He’s going to get as much as Jerry Jones will pay him just as he should.  You best believe Jerry will squeeze fans for every nickel they will pay, so there’s really no sense in clutching your pearls on his account.  

Of course fans will cry about how much better it would be if he would take a little less money so that they could build a championship roster around him, because that’s what fans always do.  Meanwhile, they ignore the fact that the Cowboys couldn’t build a championship roster when Dak was making $500,000 a year.  The difference between $33,000,000 and $35,000,000 isn’t going to make or break the team.  If it does, they can trot Cooper Rush out there and see how that works out.  The reality is that the Cowboys need Dak more than he needs them.  There are a dozen teams who would pay Dak $30,000,000+ to play for them.

They need him? For what exactly? 

Garbage time stats, only shows up against bad teams, and can only get his team to around 500 despite being surrounded by talent.

Yup...that's the guy I wanna pay top dollar to lead my team

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Tell me about it. People spouting off nonsense just to argue.

Kirk Cousins 18-12-1, Case Keenum 13-3. 

Next. 

Uh what?

Case Keenum didn't even start 16 games with the Vikings. He went 11-3 as a starter, and then went 6-10 with Denver the following year. Oh, and then he went 1-7 with the Skins.

Thanks for playing.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Again...the guy had arguably the best RB and Oline in the league making his.job easy.

When did I say let him walk? They have options. They can franchise him and trade him to a team that believes he's the guy like some of you do. I know Dallas fans that don't think he's worth it and would gladly move on if someone else wants to pay him what he wants and compensate them.

And lastly...it seems your overall point is just pay the guy cause he's a decent player. As if Bills fans or any team let alone Dallas will be content with being a 500 team that can't beat the better teams in the league while being paid as a premier player.

You would have probably wanted to roll with Tyrod and pay him 30 mil too.

Loser mentality to the max

Dak is a million times better than Tyrod and that is only a minor exaggeration.

And to be clear...I hope Dallas does pull the trigger and pays him. I can see it from Daks perspective, and he has a case.

I just don't think it's a move that will get Dallas to where they wanna go. Matter of fact, I think it will make it much more difficult for them to build a roster that he clearly needs to contend.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Uh what?

Case Keenum didn't even start 16 games with the Vikings. He went 11-3 as a starter, and then went 6-10 with Denver the following year.

For those keeping score at home, that's a total of 17-13.  Thanks for playing.

His record with Denver. Ahh man. He got the Vikings a first round bye if I remember correctly. Without Dalvin Cook. 

Kirk Cousins with the same cast has been much more mediocre if anything. 

Keenum sucking in Denver goes to show how strong that Minni cast is. How would Dak be in Denver? Probably not too far off from Keenum. 

Edited by CommonCents

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Dak is a million times better than Tyrod and that is only a minor exaggeration.

Better, but his point was the Bills sucked because they never had a Dak Prescott during their streak of ineptitude. They had a guy who didn't lose the game in Tyrod but certainly didn't win it for them or beat good teams. In that way, they are similar...hence my reply to him.

Just now, CommonCents said:

His record with Denver. Ahh man. He got the Vikings a first round bye if I remnant correctly. Without Dalvin Cook. 

Kirk Cousins with the same cast has been much more mediocre if anything. 

Keenum sucking in Denver goes to show his strong that Minni cast is. How would Dak be in Denver? Probably not too far off from Keenum. 

Keenum had a good year in Minny, and Cousins has been less than ideal there. You won't hear me argue otherwise. But Kirk's numbers have been better almost across the board than Keenum's and he proved to be a one-hit wonder.

The point was moreso how the Redskins have cratered since letting Cousins walk.  Many argued paying Cousins would have been a mistake at the time.  They made some good points to that affect.  But is there any doubt they would have rather been Minnesota the last two seasons? Or Dallas?

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Better, but his point was the Bills sucked because they never had a Dak Prescott during their streak of ineptitude. They had a guy who didn't lose the game in Tyrod but certainly didn't win it for them or beat good teams. In that way, they are similar...hence my reply to him.

Dak Prescott beat Seattle in the playoffs last year.

???

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Keenum had a good year in Minny, and Cousins has been less than ideal there. You won't hear me argue otherwise. But Kirk's numbers have been better almost across the board than Keenum's and he proved to be a one-hit wonder.

The point was moreso how the Redskins have cratered since letting Cousins walk.  Many argued paying Cousins would have been a mistake at the time.  They made some good points to that affect.  But is there any doubt they would have rather been Minnesota the last two seasons? Or Dallas?

But the point is you should crater instead of toil in mediocrity. 

You seem to be content with competent QB play with little success.

I'd rather tear it down and try again before investing in something that won't deliver a good return

Edited by BeastMaster

Just now, BeastMaster said:

But the point is you should crate instead of toil in mediocrity. 

You seem to be content with competent QB play with little success.

I'd rather tear it down and try again before investing in something that won't deliver a good return

Minnesota over the course of the 3 years of Kirk Cousins' deal has an infinitely better chance of winning a Superbowl than the Redskins have had since letting him walk.  That's a fact. Teams that start 1-7 do not win Super Bowls.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Redskins are the Browns of the NFC. Second guessing them is easy money. I don’t think Cousins is good nor do I think Dak is. 

It’s a tough decision either way, pay him and hope he improves or trust your front office to continue to build the team and find a serviceable replacement.

Playing QB is easier now than I ever remember. I’d trust my roster and hope to find an adequate replacement. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Dak Prescott beat Seattle in the playoffs last year.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Minnesota over the course of the 3 years of Kirk Cousins' deal has an infinitely better chance of winning a Superbowl than the Redskins have had since letting him walk.  That's a fact. Teams that start 1-7 do not win Super Bowls.

Minnesota was a quality team before Cousins.

Teddy Bridgewater ring a bell?

8 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Dak has beaten good teams and won them games. They didn't beat many good teams this year but that wasn't on Dak. 

It's cool...you can die on the Dak Prescott hill if you'd like. My team isn't gonna pay him so I'm good with it.

It almost seems like you guys would love Dak on the Bills more than the guy we have now.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Dak has beaten good teams and won them games. They didn't beat many good teams this year but that wasn't on Dak. 

It wasn't on Dak?

Since when is the QB obsolved from the teams performance?

He was awful against nearly every good team. That surely was on him.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Edited by BeastMaster
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

The Redskins are the Browns of the NFC. Second guessing them is easy money. I don’t think Cousins is good nor do I think Dak is. 

It’s a tough decision either way, pay him and hope he improves or trust your front office to continue to build the team and find a serviceable replacement.

Playing QB is easier now than I ever remember. I’d trust my roster and hope to find an adequate replacement. 

What do you think of Josh Allen?