Tee Higgins was tired so he chose not to participate

The nice thing about having a competent gm and coach, is that they have drafted well and picked really good players (so far). I know wide receiver is a need for the bills, but I'm 99.9% confident whoever they pick will contribute to the team, so I'm not even worried who they pick honestly 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t know if I buy that this year at the wide receiver position. 
If Higgins isn’t wort a first round pick because he might not have the highest dedication or focus at this point, I would take him off my board. 

I don’t think that is true. I only think he’s not a first rounder because he’s not in top tier and there are only 32 spots, not because he isn’t dedicated or focused.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I know McBeane value players who are competitive and not 'me first,' which is what Higgins is basically saying.   

He must not have an agent as I'm sure they would have told him this would be perceived negatively from a "football character" perspective... 

he has an agent. His film is his resume. The combine is like the background check. He did the interviews and Medicals.  If the teams still have questions about his althleticism there are pro days, private workouts, and team visits still to go. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

How about S Grant Delpit at 22?

You’re talking my language there. 
Not flashy but that’s an interesting fit into this defense. If we’re talking BPA at 22 that might be a huge homerun. 
They can work him into this defense for sure. Hyde has previous experience covering the slot so they can run the 3 safeties in packages. 

It’s a luxury pick but depending on our free agency if they sign some edge players and receivers I would love to snag Delpit 

I give Higgins credit. He spoke the truth. Other guys did get to train for months.  

He could have used a lame excuse like most others use like "nagging injury" or "tweaked something recently"

All kind of excuses guys use why they cant combine.

I appreciate Higgins honesty. 

But now he needs to show up and do it on his pro day 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think that is true. I only think he’s not a first rounder because he’s not in top tier and there are only 32 spots, not because he isn’t dedicated or focused.

he has an agent. His film is his resume. The combine is like the background check. He did the interviews and Medicals.  If the teams still have questions about his althleticism there are pro days, private workouts, and team visits still to go. 

There are things you don't say, however.   

Maybe I'm old school, but saying "I only had four or five weeks to prepare for this, and I feel like that's not enough time...I just feel like I need to be more prepared to run the 40 and all the other drills" is a cop out "me first" move.   

Burrow can say it becase A.) he's going number one, no matter what, and B.) he's going number one, no matter what.    Oh, and C.) he's going number one,no matter what.

Tee Higgins?    He's not going where he thinks he's going... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, White Linen said:

He said "he had a long season and only had 4-5 weeks to prepare for this compared to the other guys who had two months or a month."

I really wanted us to draft him before the combine news of him ‘RESTING’ rather then participating like almost 12 other Clemson players and even more LSU players. Want no part of this guy and wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in the late 2nd or early 3rd rounds. Horrible look for Higgins.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

I really wanted us to draft him before the combine news of him ‘RESTING’ rather then participating like almost 12 other Clemson players and even more LSU players. Want no part of this guy and wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in the late 2nd or early 3rd rounds. Horrible look for Higgins.  

Yeah I agree it's a bad look and he didn't do himself any favors.  However a lot of these kids are nervous, young and dumb.  I don't think he came off as arrogant in the interview of him speaking - it's just that he shouldn't do a lot of public speaking.  At the end of the day, I don't need my WR's to be the smartest guys on the team.  I'd still draft him with little concern about him skipping the combine.  

He should have just worded it completely different.  

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

There are things you don't say, however.   

Maybe I'm old school, but saying "I only had four or five weeks to prepare for this, and I feel like that's not enough time...I just feel like I need to be more prepared to run the 40 and all the other drills" is a cop out "me first" move.   

Burrow can say it becase A.) he's going number one, no matter what, and B.) he's going number one, no matter what.    Oh, and C.) he's going number one,no matter what.

Tee Higgins?    He's not going where he thinks he's going... 

What's the draft status have to do with it?  If it's me first for one it's me first for the other.  Tee Higgins could go in the late first or in the 2nd round so says his tape.  The amount of knots folks tie themselves up in to make a mountain out of a mole hill is funny.  You would think the guy snatched an old lady's purse.

• Like (+1) 1